Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
there are 10 pages more in the purple thread than pine thread, and each page equals to $10 more in resale. So $100 extra for purps compared to pines. Reselling explained.

not srs

Had me looking like

527A652D-3FAA-4FB9-96BA-04258B6693FD.gif

Until I seen the not srs :lol:

it was all about distribution. its just perception that they were more limited.

More stores and more sales on StockX makes me think there were more Pines.

In Denver-area alone, there were like 5 FNL that got them, multiple FTL, multiple Champs. Facebook groups here, tons of Pines available for sale and barely any Purples.

I'll pay it too but I'd wear them less knowing I dropped good resale money on them.

Like I can wear my Pines or Bred Toes carefree because I paid retail. But if I had paid $400 for them, they'd get a lot less wears from me

My brother's purple pair came in yesterday, and my hyper royals came in yesterday as well.

Of course the purples are dope, but my hyper royals are wayyyy more plush. He was so confused when he felt both pairs, knowing I paid $100 for my pair. Such is life for us JB fanatics.

My pine greens come in today! Probably won't get to check them out until tomorrow night.

Last edited:
I'll pay it too but I'd wear them less knowing I dropped good resale money on them.

Like I can wear my Pines or Bred Toes carefree because I paid retail. But if I had paid $400 for them, they'd get a lot less wears from me

I would think it would be the opposite? If you put the money into them, wouldn’t you want to get the use out of them? Unless of course your main priority is for collection purposes..

I would think it would be the opposite? If you put the money into them, wouldn’t you want to get the use out of them? Unless of course your main priority is for collection purposes..

That part or resell purposes. Me personally once I put money in on something like shoes imma wear the hell out of an. I paid 450 for my SBBs 1.5 years ago and I wore them a bunch. The only thing that keeps me from wearing my kicks frequently is the amount of options that I have. Especially when it comes to rocking a 1.

More stores and more sales on StockX makes me think there were more Pines.

In Denver-area alone, there were like 5 FNL that got them, multiple FTL, multiple Champs. Facebook groups here, tons of Pines available for sale and barely any Purples.
Purples were only sent to FTA out of the footstores because smaller regional stores got access to them instead of FTL and Champs. You don't live in an area that has many boutiques or smaller regional chains. DTLR/Ruvilla, JJ, Shoepalace, Shiekh, etc and all boutiques received purples and no greens. Your reality is specific to your location. Sales of the purple don't account for all the backdoor pairs either, just look at how many resellers had them in hand in NYC before release date.

Pine.

I didn't like the clay as much when i got them in hand. And I don't have my DMP Celtics anymore so I'm keeping Pine around this time

Purples were only sent to FTA out of the footstores because smaller regional stores got access to them instead of FTL and Champs. You don't live in an area that has many boutiques or smaller regional chains. DTLR/Ruvilla, JJ, Shoepalace, Shiekh, etc and all boutiques received purples and no greens. Your reality is specific to your location. Sales of the purple don't account for all the backdoor pairs either, just look at how many resellers had them in hand in NYC before release date.

My perception is that the only data we have (stores that received them, StockX sales, etc.) show that the purples were more limited than the pines.

There are 161 total Shoe Palace stores, 140 Shiekh, 170 JJ, and 220 DTLR/Ruvilla. For a total of almost 700 stores nationwide.

There are approximately 670 Finish Line stores, 3310 Footlockers, 547 Champs, and 272 Footaction stores. Obviously not all locations got Pines, but there are a good amount that did.

Here was Champs alone, for the Pines:

jdmheeS.jpg

Here was Footlocker for Pines:

MW79A8f.jpg

Here is Footaction for the Pines:

AfhVZaE.jpg

Can't find an image of the Finish Line app, I just know that stores in my area that never even get "hype" releases, got the Pines. I had to choose a FNL out of 5+ different locations.

Do you have any data that shows otherwise? I suppose Shoe Palace, Villa, and those other boutiques could've gotten way more Purples than the main Footstores got of the Pines, but I haven't seen anything that would suggest that. Its a weird thing to argue in any case.

Last edited:
pine! on another note I'll never understand this new era of so called sneakerheads. money in hand and still gotta beg a dude to sell me the shoes? cats dont even want the money or the shoes. they just wanna flex in those that really wanted but didn't get. I'm sorry, I just wasnt raised raised this way. we will have it really bad as senior citizens

Back
Top Bottom