Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
The text feature would be cool only if it’s peelable, so you can choose to keep it on or not

It takes less than a minute to look on StockX and see what shoes are currently going for.

Some sizes have been selling for 200-300, Navy and Red. So yes, those people paying those prices when they could’ve bought both shoes for under 100 each, are almost surely hype beasts. If that situation doesn’t describe you, then the comment is not about you.

Question for those of you paying $200+ for Metallics: did you not like them when they were sitting and under $100?

:lol:

Bunch of hype beasts. I’m glad y’all getting taxed for being followers.
How is someone with off whites as their AVI calling someone a hypebeast?

By liking what I like and not changing my opinion based on trends? For instance, liking and grabbing metallic reds for under 100. Or liking off-whites from the initial promo pics.

people not allowed to change their minds about kicks? ive copped kicks, then a month later when i go to UNDS i look at them and b like dang whyd i cop these? same with kicks that i passed on but then later on seen em again and thought they dont look bad and copped.

stop assuming that people who cop now instead of back then are automatic hypebeasts. u dont know why they didnt cop at first.

plus a shoe that was 160 retail and 175 after tax all said and done, but going for baaaarely 50 bucks over retail, is not a hypebeast shoe.

people not allowed to change their minds about kicks? ive copped kicks, then a month later when i go to UNDS i look at them and b like dang whyd i cop these? same with kicks that i passed on but then later on seen em again and thought they dont look bad and copped.

stop assuming that people who cop now instead of back then are automatic hypebeasts. u dont know why they didnt cop at first.

plus a shoe that was 160 retail and 175 after tax all said and done, but going for baaaarely 50 bucks over retail, is not a hypebeast shoe.
Well said.

It takes less than a minute to look on StockX and see what shoes are currently going for.

Some sizes have been selling for 200-300, Navy and Red. So yes, those people paying those prices when they could’ve bought both shoes for under 100 each, are almost surely hype beasts. If that situation doesn’t describe you, then the comment is not about you.
Why do you, and others, waste your time assuming what the reason is for someone else buying a product? You just got defensive over somebody inferring that you are a hypebeast because of off white 1s in your avatar. And you took the energy to explain yourself. So why channel that same ignorant mindset toward others? Dudes who comment "only hypebeasts will eat it up" "if it was yeezy or supreme it'd sell out" etc. are far more corny and annoying than dudes who are simply hypebeasts that shut up about it, in my opinion.

look at sales history. youll see that the 9.5 with an ask of 334 has never ever sold for over 250. that size 8 with an ask of 396 has never sold for more than 270. 8.5 is the only one that has an ask of over 300 and has actual sales of pairs over 300. every other size is low 100s to mid 200s.

so youre right about the 200s. but 300? ehhhhh. same thing happened with the new loves. they were on super discount then shot up to 300 lol

Both colors sat for under 100. Now some people are paying up to 300 for them. Did some of THOSE PEOPLE have a genuine change of heart? It’s possible. But my educated guess is that most of them are hype beasts. Sorry if that gets you in your feelings.

Both colors sat for under 100. Now some people are paying up to 300 for them. Did some of THOSE PEOPLE have a genuine change of heart? It’s possible. But my educated guess is that most of them are hype beasts. Sorry if that gets you in your feelings.
Stop making educated guesses and actually educate yourself. Did no one ever run the assume = make an *** out of u and me bit by you when you were a kid?

look at sales history. youll see that the 9.5 with an ask of 334 has never ever sold for over 250. that size 8 with an ask of 396 has never sold for more than 270. 8.5 is the only one that has an ask of over 300 and has actual sales of pairs over 300. every other size is low 100s to mid 200s.

so youre right about the 200s. but 300? ehhhhh. same thing happened with the new loves. they were on super discount then shot up to 300 lol

Right. And, OF COURSE, for some people finances didn't allow them to purchase even at a low price, and maybe now their finances have changed and they can purchase even at a higher price.

And for some people, they may have had a genuine change of heart, not due to hype.

But for some people, and I'd bet that in this instance it's the largest percentage of people, the change of heart is due to hype.

Anyway, unless I see compelling evidence to the contrary, I think I'll hold on to my observations.

I edited my original comment, I could see why some of y'all got so defensive. I didn't mean to imply that EVERYONE who changed their mind is a hype beast. It's only like 95% in this case. Anyway, moving on.

I edited my original comment, I could see why some of y'all got so defensive. I didn't mean to imply that EVERYONE who changed their mind is a hype beast. It's only like 95% in this case. Anyway, moving on.

Questioning your rant is not “defensive.” You are claiming there’s hype surrounding colorways you can still find for $100-$150 lol.

That's crazy that people are paying $250 for Navy Metallics now. They were really like $75 at one point. Ive had mine since day one and I've worn my pair alot the toe box is creased as a mf...

2018-09-06 12.46.58 1.jpg

Right. And, OF COURSE, for some people finances didn't allow them to purchase even at a low price, and maybe now their finances have changed and they can purchase even at a higher price.

And for some people, they may have had a genuine change of heart, not due to hype.

But for some people, and I'd bet that in this instance it's the largest percentage of people, the change of heart is due to hype.

Anyway, unless I see compelling evidence to the contrary, I think I'll hold on to my observations.

but u forgot the millions of people in this world who are not sneakerheads who arent on top of every drop or on top of discounts. those millions of people might be seeing metallics for the first time and just copped on stockx. those people arent privy to the fact that these were 160 but were on discount for 100 or less at 1 point. all they see right now is them only avilable on stockx/goat for those prices. so of course theyre gonna cop.

u know how u have wealthy uneducated people who cop from flight club without a 2nd thought and dont wanna be bothered to go hunting for a better price etc? stockx and goat have customers like that too.

many of the youtubers i am subbed to who are just daily vloggers and have very tiny knowledge of sneakers, most of them just blindly order from goat/stockx. even kicks that are still available elsewhere for a fraction of the price. they dont care. less hassle for em.

Last edited:
but u forgot the millions of people in this world who are not sneakerheads who arent on top of every drop or on top of discounts. those millions of people might be seeing metallics for the first time and just copped on stockx. those people arent privy to the fact that these were 160 but were on discount for 100 or less at 1 point. all they see right now is them only avilable on stockx/goat for those prices. so of course theyre gonna cop.

u know how u have wealthy uneducated people who cop from flight club without a 2nd thought and dont wanna be bothered to go hunting for a better price etc? stockx and goat have customers like that

It’s also possible for people to have entered the sneaker game (I.e. people in their early 20s, fresh out of college with their first well paying job) after the Metallics released so their only options are venues like Stock X, GOAT, SGs, or FC.

Back
Top Bottom