Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
4A559B62-CFE7-4C26-BA1D-02DECE59FA3E.jpeg
giphy.gif

I've got a question for the AJ1 family. What are your thoughts on the 2001 Black/Red and Black/Royal 1s? I might have a chance to grab DS pairs of both from a friend who needs them gone. I know they both have suede/nubuck swooshes, but honestly don't know too much about that particular year release. Thanks in advance.

Quality is not “bananas” nor “A1” but they’re nice. I had royals and found the sole to be too thin and the ankle height is more like a jumpman 1. Also the swooshes are nubuck and tend to bubble of they get wet. They’re all right though.
Tomorrow is my sons 14th so I decided to Unds these for it:

15A86172-8E7E-4FB3-B2AB-CCD2616109CC.png

I've got a question for the AJ1 family. What are your thoughts on the 2001 Black/Red and Black/Royal 1s? I might have a chance to grab DS pairs of both from a friend who needs them gone. I know they both have suede/nubuck swooshes, but honestly don't know too much about that particular year release. Thanks in advance.

I have had my pair of 2001 Black/Red 1s since the day they released and when you actually called Nike to order them (is older heads remember those days). I wanted an 11 but they were sold out so I took an 11.5 (and added an insole) along with the 1+ retro Midnight Blue/Silver color. I LOVE my pair of '01s!!! I wear them often and get people talking about them when they see them (you don't see them hardly anymore).

True, the height isn't like the newest releases & the swoosh isn't leather, but the leather is quality and they look good "worn in & creased". I'd never give them up!!!! Here's a shot (Along with their Flyknit cousins) for prosperity!!

IMG_20170914_093114.jpg
IMG_20170914_093149.jpg

I have had my pair of 2001 Black/Red 1s since the day they released and when you actually called Nike to order them (is older heads remember those days). I wanted an 11 but they were sold out so I took an 11.5 (and added an insole) along with the 1+ retro Midnight Blue/Silver color. I LOVE my pair of '01s!!! I wear them often and get people talking about them when they see them (you don't see them hardly anymore).

True, the height isn't like the newest releases & the swoosh isn't leather, but the leather is quality and they look good "worn in & creased". I'd never give them up!!!! Here's a shot (Along with their Flyknit cousins) for prosperity!!

IMG_20170914_093114.jpg
IMG_20170914_093149.jpg
Dope. Yeah, I've heard the quality is nice, but not sure how nice. I know the 2001 Black/Royal pair is the very first retro of that shoe. The slightly lower height doesn't bother me, especially if they have nice quality leather.

That GS version is a completely different shoe compared to that Mens version thats coming out. Different shade of pink. Different type of materials used used. Even the bottom is a different color.

If both versions released in Mens. I would pick this newer one thats about to release. Quality looks better. Black portion looks the same as the newer 1,s released. White part on the side looks good and soft.

Which looks better. The pink leather in the back portion looks better. Lol your playing yourself if you have that GS version and pass on the mens newer different colored version. Because you think its the same shoe.

The quality will be different and better. Its like comparing 2013 1,s to the newer/latest release 1,s. I like the 2013,s. But the quality on the newer releases are worlds apart. Im suprised more people on here dont talk about it.

I was wearing my older released 1,s. Thinking that the newer released 1,s where just different in a outside material aspect. I started wearing the latest versions. I didn't change insoles because im a thin cat.

Older versions feel like im walking on bricks. The newer 1,s feel like im walking on clouds. Its almost as if nobody on here talks about the significance of the comfortability of the recent releases.

All i kept seeing on here is people talking about switching insoles. People love to bash JB because of how they use to make low quality retro,s no to long ago. But they defenately stepped it up a notch the past couple of years with the 1,s.

Ive only un ds 1 pair of newer 1,s for the last 2-3 months. I dont even want to wear my older 1,s. The only problem ive had with the newer 1,s was the pair of Black/Red,s that where OD with the glitter on the Black portion on the side.

So that kind of makes me apprehensive to buy newer 1,s with the Black leather. Even though i have and will.

Dope. Yeah, I've heard the quality is nice, but not sure how nice. I know the 2001 Black/Royal pair is the very first retro of that shoe. The slightly lower height doesn't bother me, especially if they have nice quality leather.

Quality is good. A little overstated though. The leather is not really that soft and other than the heel they’re very poorly padded. They do break in well though. They were also cut a little different so I went up half a size. If he’s giving you a good deal I’d say take them. Here’s some pics.

87B8C4A9-4C09-4A30-9CE1-593807D5BA56.jpeg

01 13 17
C01AE126-5943-489D-9F52-DF93700D4A07.jpeg

If anyone has any info on the Retro 1 High OG Knicks Deadstock in a size 11.5 or 12, please let me know! Flight Club, eBay, and GOAT are priced quite high.

Quality is good. A little overstated though. The leather is not really that soft and other than the heel they’re very poorly padded. They do break in well though. They were also cut a little different so I went up half a size. If he’s giving you a good deal I’d say take them. Here’s some pics.

87B8C4A9-4C09-4A30-9CE1-593807D5BA56.jpeg

01 13 17
C01AE126-5943-489D-9F52-DF93700D4A07.jpeg
At this rate I'm expecting a mini jewel swoosh on the next run of these.

Back
Top Bottom