Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
You realize Adidas sold more Adidas Superstars than ANY other shoes in 2016, right? BOOST has helped the brand in value but it's not like non-BOOST models don't sell.
  • Adidas Superstar.
  • Jordan XII. (Nike)
  • Converse Chuck Taylor low.
  • Nike Roshe Run. (Nike)
  • Nike Huarache. (Nike)
  • Nike Revolution.
  • Nike Free RN.
  • Jordan XI. (Nike)
In context, Nike own the next SEVEN top selling shoes though.....

• Adidas Superstar.
  • Jordan XII. (Nike)
  • Nike Roshe Run. (Nike)
  • Nike Huarache. (Nike)
  • Nike Revolution.
  • Nike Free RN.
  • Jordan XI. (Nike)

Where did I say Nike didn't have more top selling shoes? Most of the shoes on that list, we wouldn't even touch since they aren't shoes the sneakerhead market would wear.

Super Stars doing numbers isn't a new phenomenon, they've always performed well regardless of adidas hype status. Boost does okay at the scale it's being pushed right now, but boost shoes aren't doing numbers. Not a single boost shoe has ever cracked the top 10 list, and yet the hair Jordan 6 was the best selling shoe of Q1 this year. Context is way different inside sneaker themed spaces like Nike talk. I'd be willing to be that alpha bounce does more numbers than any boost model.

Why does Nike need an equivalent though? To keep sneaker heads happy? You have to keep scale and Volume in mind when you think about what a company like Nike does and what a company like adidas does when it comes to innovation and tech. The fact that the superstar is adidas top selling shoe, and that adidas is in competition with sketchers for the distant #2 spot in sneaker maket share should tell you something about what the majority of shoe consumers are buying.

I think a lot of people see this whole adidas vs. Nike thing as a an adidas is taking from Nike thing and that's not really the case in my opinion. Nike is suffering because they've been so invested in basketball shoes crossing over (pun intended) into the casual space and people just aren't buying basket ball shoes like they used too. That's got nothing to do with adidas.

At the end of the day if another brand starts putting out something good, that just means I'm buying more shoes in addition to the shoes I like already. As a consumer, if I already have adidas giving me boost, why do I need it from Nike as well?

Curiously, did you see the comment I was replying to before you typed out this mess? I was replying to the following statement:

"Yeah but there growth solely lies with BOOST technology. If Adidas make a shoe without boost the sales aren't that great. In my opinion Boost and collaborations keeps Adidas a float and to me it's boring."

• Adidas Superstar.
  • Jordan XII. (Nike)
  • Nike Roshe Run. (Nike)
  • Nike Huarache. (Nike)
  • Nike Revolution.
  • Nike Free RN.
  • Jordan XI. (Nike)

We talk about innovation all day like these sneaker companies are riding the "innovation wave" to the top and 80% of the top selling sneakers are boasting 20+ year tech inside them.

Curiously, did you see the comment I was replying to before you typed out this mess? I was replying to the following statement:

"Yeah but there growth solely lies with BOOST technology. If Adidas make a shoe without boost the sales aren't that great. In my opinion Boost and collaborations keeps Adidas a float and to me it's boring."

Growth lies in the fact that the casual sneaker is on the rise, and adidas is putting out waves of them. Boost is a part of it but it's not the only reason

I was addressing the "it's not like non boost models don't sell". Boost sells for the scale it's produced in. Ultra boosts were flying off the virtual shelves because the sneaker head market which was/is 99% of its buyers was bigger than the quantiy coming out. Scale up production And they sit.

Last edited:
Growth lies in the fact that the casual sneaker is on the rise, and adidas is putting out waves of them. Boost is a part of it but it's not the only reason

Exactly. Adidas is not "staying afloat" because of Boost. Boost was innovative but I think Adidas' creative approach to collaborations and outside-the-box thinking (I.e. Futurecraft) is probably the most innovative thing they've done as a brand. It's kind of crazy Adidas is even a factor in the sneakerhead market, given how much money and time the Nike/Jordan machine has behind it.

IMG_3428.JPG
TBs came in from Centre yesterday like this.
So not cool bro.:ohwell:

Holy **** every thread in the Jordan section is about Nike vs Adidas

At the end of day buy what you like and forget what other people think.
seriously man, it's annoying. Can y'all make a thread about the topic and actually keep it in one thread?

Do you guys know how many Adidas threads there are on NT? Take that **** over there. Y'all been dragging this nonsense out for days.

Do you guys know how many Adidas threads there are on NT? Take that **** over there. Y'all been dragging this nonsense out for days.
longer than days bro cuz it's literally in all the Nike and JB threads. I don't mind the talks but all people seem to care about is demand coming back to Nike so that "sneakerheads" can approve of what they wear.

People be saying "Man, Nike gotta find a way to bring the hype/demand back" but for what reason? So we can all complain like we used to about instant sellouts online so we can complain about resellers and bots eating up shoes so we have to pay high resale prices again? I honestly don't get why people care so much about that lol because they would probably be the first ones to complain about it and wish for when hype wasn't there

Most people on this thread don't own this shoe so they don't know the overall leather quality is better than SBB. Hell most people on this thread don't own the SBB's.:smh:
all lies, SBBs have the BEST LEATHER QUALITY out of ALL the OG 1s.

Homie he's trolling...you see the jk in his post?
i guess he didn't but I was hoping he'd catch on lol. I like the vachetta tan 1s a lot and was gonna cop them but I just never got around to doing it. JB was bugging with charging $400 for them.

Back
Top Bottom