Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Nike is appealing to the culture, just not your culture

This says it all

By flooding the market with the same retro models over and over again and killing resale and hype? Who's culture is that appealing to, exactly?

My music taste says it all? You don't seem that stupid so I'm going to assume you're trolling poorly.

i mean according to most the quality of the 1's has went up, so at least they not making us eat the cake
wDSUkq8.gif

Then why do White Ying Yangs use cardboard-like leather?

By flooding the market with the same retro models over and over again and killing resale and hype? Who's culture is that appealing to, exactly?

Adidas is doing the same thing too and as I said before not yours, seems to me all you care about is resale and hype. In other words, people's opinion on what's cool and not cool. I don't care about resale or hype, I care about the shoe and wearing it.

Adidas is doing the same thing too and as I said before not yours, seems to me all you care about is resale and hype. In other words, people's opinion on what's cool and not cool. I don't care about resale or hype, I care about the shoe and wearing it.

You realize when I said they are "flooding the market" I also meant the number of releases, right? JB can only put out so many quality releases and by increasing the # of retro releases, there will inevitably be a lot of cws few want.

But my point about innovation still stands-what was the last new sneaker that Nike/JB released that had mass appeal within the sneaker culture like the UB and NMD did? I would say the Flyknit Trainer which was released 4-5 years ago now.

don't own yangs, and i don't know if they were released in 2013, but according to everyone with 2013 chi's, banned's, and royal's 1, they are better quality in their latest release

It seems to vary but, honestly, the whole "remastered" gig was a scam by Jordan Brand to increase retail prices. The "remastered" series has been inconsistent, as a whole-there have been high quality retro releases like the 2015 Columbia 4s and the 2016 SJ 11s but there have also been some horrible quality releases like the MS 4s released earlier this year. OG 1s have also been plagued by this issue.

Last edited:
It seems to vary nut, honestly, the whole "remastered" gig was a scam by Jordan Brand to increase retail prices. The "remastered" series has been inconsistent, as a whole-there have been high quality retro releases like the 2015 Columbia 4s and the 2016 SJ 11s but there have also been some horrible quality releases like the MS 4s released earlier this year. OG 1s have also been plagued by this issue.
well they kilt the alt ms 4's

so is there supposed to be a NDC restock for the royals tomorrow? I didn't notice anything on the SNKRS app

So the complaint is that Nike is flooding the market? As I consumer it doesn't bother me one bit. Haven't paid over retail for anything in like 2 years. Steep discounts on several pairs that I wanted. Royals for everyone, and the remastered quality is obviously better. What's the problem?
They complain when Nike makes it limited. They complain when Nike makes it a GR. People love to complain.

So the complaint is that Nike is flooding the market? As I consumer it doesn't bother me one bit. Haven't paid over retail for anything in like 2 years. Steep discounts on several pairs that I wanted. Royals for everyone, and the remastered quality is obviously better. What's the problem?

:lol: I don't even need to post when I got you around. Feels like we say the same stuff.

I can't honestly say I haven't paid over retail tho. I still strike out every so often.

I can't honestly say I haven't paid over retail tho. I still strike out every so often.

Yep, Nike isn't flooding the market with Bred and Black Toe 1s. I'd argue they didn't even flood the market with Space Jam 11s even though they sold over 1 million pairs-the demand for those was just insane and they sold REALLY well.

The issue is all the mediocre retros that they flood the market with-people don't want to pay overpriced retail prices for these. For example, Jordan Brand were smoking crack pricing the 2017 DMP pack at $500 MSRP lol:

Back
Top Bottom