• Total voters

AJ1 Phat Low > Frags = Banned
roll.gif
yall asleep on this quality

Frags > Banned 

Colorway Coolness

OG Cut 

Very Very Limited

Not to me. The history of the Black/Red 1 and the details they put into the Banned's means more to me, but then again I grew up watching MJ play in the 1. The Frag colorway is nice, but to me it has no real meaning or significance. It's just a collab that had nothing to do with the original run of the 1. That's just my opinion...before Frag owners get all up in arms. :lol:

I have two pair of Banned's and I would never trade one for Frag's.

Last edited:
Never saw banned in person so there's that, however my friend has who lived in SC at the time and local outlet had them, he passed, other than the banned branding (which really sucks IMO) he said the leather was very thin, inconsistent tumble patterns (doesn't look good tumbled to me at all btw) and that super shiny leather of that retro era that looks cheap, again I've never seen in person but I have passed and will continue to pass lol

Banned 1s suck. I like my 1s pure and accurate to originals, not with added branding and different materials...
I realize this falls on deaf ears in here though lol

Banned 1s suck. I like my 1s pure and accurate to originals, not with added branding and different materials...
I realize this falls on deaf ears in here though lol

First of all, Banned's are far from sucking. Two, there hasn't been ONE retro 1 accurate to the original so get off your snob soap box.

Yeah but that x on the heel takes away from the shoe imo. That's about the only issue I have.
Are they Banneds without the X though? 

The allure of the shoe is the X's on the hell, it is the X's on the collar, it is the insole at least for me. 

Without those things then they are just bred 1s, I don't think the purpose of the Banned 1 was to ever be another pair of Bred 1s. 

I dunno thats just me though.. 

Yeah but that x on the heel takes away from the shoe imo. That's about the only issue I have.

The allure of the shoe is the X's on the hell, it is the X's on the collar, it is the insole at least for me. 

Without those things then they are just bred 1s, I don't think the purpose of the Banned 1 was to ever be another pair of Bred 1s. 

For some it's an allure, for others it's a gimmick. It's all opinion and preference. No one or right or wrong.

Personally, I don't care for banneds due to all the extra details.

If the 2016s have great thick cut leather than the allure of the banneds for me will wane a little bit but then I'll appreciate the gimmick aspect a bit more.

They do pop like the finest champagne though

all I need is the Bred I, the gimmick of the X does nada for me. Color way is the allure imo. The quality might be more than everyone toots about but I dont care for the x. Ultimately though, the x makes them banneds.

Last edited:
Banned 1s suck.

Lol I needed a good laugh. The leather is amazing, you cannot deny that. The ONLY remastered that comes close are SBB's. You may not like the gimmick or the non-remastered look, but that quality is A1.

I've never seen the banned as I said earlier but from pics it looks to have that shiny lookin pleather-y thin paneled leather, just not a good look to me, I do however own the SBB and that statement kinda blows my mind lol... 72-10 is my guy and the friend I was mentioning gotta take his word for it

Back
Top Bottom