Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
idk it seems like JB screwed up the maroon and made em like purple in those official pics from the Chicago flight 23 opening

Even Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld use to wear the maroons back in the day. That's how transcendent they are

Even Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld use to wear the maroons back in the day. That's how transcendent they are
Surprised Larry isn't getting flamed for not having his denim rolled up.   What has NT become?!?!

Got caught in the rain in my pinnacles yesterday. They ended up getting a little mottled look. Pretty cool looking now

Random observation, there seems to be  a LOT of folks that have Cyber Monday 1s early. Lots of eBay posts and twitter seller, wonder how that will affect release day.

Random observation, there seems to be  a LOT of folks that have Cyber Monday 1s early. Lots of eBay posts and twitter seller, wonder how that will affect release day.

The new Jordan store in Chicago released them early. That's why there are a lot of pairs floating around.

The new Jordan store in Chicago released them early. That's why there are a lot of pairs floating around.
Wow did they really?  That does explain why as I have noticed lots of them floating on eBay.

But honestly why would these even be hard to get?  Just another all black AJ1 with a white sole this time around.... big deal.  Maybe some of you all see this as a highly coveted pair to obtain but I definitely do not.

I remember reading in an interview many years ago by someone with inside info on Nike/ JB and they said (can't remember who it was) that they will put Nike on the shoes when the Hype dies down. That is what they did with Jordan 1s. They were producing so many non OG colourways and the appeal was diminishing. So they drop the Jordan 1 Royal in Asia and Australia in massive numbers and very limited in the USA. This meant that it became a desirable shoe because it was the first Jordan 1 since 2001 to Have Nike on the tongue and no Jumpman on the tongue or back of the shoe. This in turn meant that resale prices are 1K + at the moment of Jordan 1 royal. This in turn made all Jordan 1s OG and Non OG colourways more desirable. JB know OG colourways of Jordan 1 – 14 will always sell out. They want non OG colourways too do well to make the most money possible. That what appears to be happening to non OG colourway Jordan 1s. They are released in abundance and still sell quite well, at times they may be reduced but on the whole they would make good money on them. Without releasing OG Jordan 1s with Nike air on the back I think that Jordan 1s mid, phats etc would not be desirable at all on the whole.  This is also in part due to people seeing high resale values of OG Jordan 1 High and going for a shoe around the $100 range which they can afford.

Interesting, I never considered OG Jordan 1s to be a marketing tool for mids... I always assumed anyone who wanted OG 1s would never touch a pair of mids. In fact, I'm seen people shamed for wearing mids since they're often considered a "poor man's Jordan"

Interesting, I never considered OG Jordan 1s to be a marketing tool for mids... I always assumed anyone who wanted OG 1s would never touch a pair of mids. In fact, I'm seen people shamed for wearing mids since they're often considered a "poor man's Jordan"
roll.gif
roll.gif
 "poor man's Jordan"

Jordan 1's were considered "poor man's Jordans" when I worked at footlocker.  Most of the kids who didn't want to pay retail on regular retros would buy team Jordans.  Jordan 1's were considered a poor man's Jordan because the retail price was significantly lower than other retros and it would be a cheaper way to buy what some people would consider a "real Jordan" because it was from the legacy line.

Back
Top Bottom