• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
tumblr_n38wudLKk71svefdfo1_400.gif

those black/black/whites look lower than recent retros, hope quality is nice so I can get a pair for my art school bae to customize

Poor mans frags lol. Second pair, this one with no shiny gloss. Sorry for the terrible picture quality and setting lol. Had to bust em out in 100 degree cali weather

Last edited by a moderator:

Wore my shadows to work. So glad I went after these rather than Toro 4s on release day
great decision. I did the same thing, there was a massive line and all the hype beasts(majority of people in line) went for the toro 4s and there was a few older sneaker heads that had an easy cop for the shadow 1s. Those were the days when 1 s sat and were and easy cop.

I remember the time I copped my shadows. People were fiending for Toro 4's and Playoff 8's (which were dropping the same day here in the PI) and barely saw anyone show love for the 1's

I've never liked Shadows. They are the ugliest of the OG 1 IMO. Toros 4 are dope. They still have crazy value as well. And it's even harder to find a pair in good condition. It's hard to go wrong with either pair if you picked them up for your collection.

Last edited:
I've never liked Shadows. They are the ugliest of the OG 1 IMO. Toros 4 are dope. They still have crazy value as well. And it's even harder to find a pair in good condition. It's hard to go wrong with either pair if you picked them up for your collection.

The ugliest OG one?

The usual colorblocking and the color grey is ugly to you?

The ugliest OG one?

Yep it just looks odd. I prefer a cool grey. And I love grey shoes. I even have the Baron 1 and multiple pairs of Cool Greys XI and georgetown XI low . It's that dark shade of grey that throws it off. I would imagine its the same for other folks as well...which is why they sat longer than any other OG 1

Last edited:
The ugliest OG one?

Yep it just looks odd. I prefer a cool grey. And I love grey shoes. I even have the Baron 1 and multiple pairs of Cool Greys XI and georgetown XI low . It's that dark shade of grey that throws it off. I would imagine its the same for other folks as well...which is why they sat longer than any other OG 1

Black and Whites and Black Toes (to a lesser extent) sat as well.

We live in a time in which sneakers aren't cool unless they're wicked bright or marketed to be limited.

This coupled with the fact that they were released at the same time as a shoe that embodied the new 'sneakerhead' mentality is the reason they sat.

You'll find more people in this thread saying that the Shadows are their favorite opposed to that they're ugly.

Back
Top Bottom