OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Were you into sneakers/Air Force 1's in the early 2000's?

There's a heavy nostalgia element with these for certain folk.

I've always been into sneakers... to an extent, but I didn't join a forum about them until here in 2017. Before that I would just hop on ebay and search whatever new shoes were in my size for the right price.

It's not a bad colorway or anything... it just doesn't blow my mind. Maybe because I already have like 3 pairs of tan AF1s. Anyway I don't think they will be a hard cop unless Nike makes them super limited for no reason... which I doubt they will. They will probably make the same amount as the ivory snakes I would imagine, but I don't know ****.

I've always been into sneakers... to an extent, but I didn't join a forum about them until here in 2017. Before that I would just hop on ebay and search whatever new shoes were in my size for the right price.

It's not a bad colorway or anything... it just doesn't blow my mind. Maybe because I already have like 3 pairs of tan AF1s. Anyway I don't think they will be a hard cop unless Nike makes them super limited for no reason... which I doubt they will. They will probably make the same amount as the ivory snakes I would imagine, but I don't know ****.

Yeah there's a lot of lore with these especially with folks who were into co.jp's, regional exclusive, etc back in the early 2000's. They're definitely a cult classic.

Lots missed out on these back then.....and then chased them for years without luck. The colors on Ronnie Fieg's version were off, so those were just meh. Now's truly the 1st time in over 2 decades to own them. They've become more than just the colorway.

Yeah there's a lot of lore with these especially with folks who were into co.jp's, regional exclusive, etc back in the early 2000's. They're definitely a cult classic.

Lots missed out on these back then.....and then chased them for years without luck. The colors on Ronnie Fieg's version were off, so those were just meh. Now's truly the 1st time in over 2 decades to own them. They've become more than just the colorway.
For a relatively small secret society of sneakerheads or to the broader TikTok crowd?

Assuming Nike makes a lot of pairs.

I don’t know **** either.

…obviously.

Maybe because I already have like 3 pairs of tan AF1s.
And none of them are anywhere near as nice as linens lmao

1978s already nailed it. But in addition to the clean, simple, versatile colorway, we can already see from the official linen pics that it's gonna be good leather. Plus satin sockliner, the superior choice for af1. Plus the mini swoosh on the u throat

How do you know none are nearly as nice, and to what regard. I am sure at least 1 pair has better quality leather, and the other pair is just as nice. I know they def arent as popular...

Because every other tan af1 that's dropped besides linens pales in comparison to linens :lol: there's a reason they're not as popular lmao. I had some myself, the 2016 nikelabs

It's ok if you don't get it but I think it's hilarious that you said "just tan and pink sneakers." Many classic and coveted sneakers could be deduced that simply, but the appreciation for details, history, and nostalgia are why many of us are here on this forum. Linens set the standard for air force 1s for me when I first learned about linens 15ish years ago

Linens are a staple.

I wonder how difficult it will be to acquire any pair for retail, but I need at least 2. Would love more, but I live in reality

I almost wish the retail was $150 cause it would keep more people away and almost guarantee COTM quality.

That $135 price tag is more along the lines of CRAFT.

I'm still trying to get two either way but I want to get hands on, or at least some feedback from this thread before I double.

Linens are cool, no doubt. BUT a lot of people gas them being sheep really. Feels like people are more excited to finally own them rather than being excited to actually wear them 🤷🏾‍♂️

IMG_2799.png

I used to collect af1s heavy like 03-10 but stopped…I remember asking a friend what his favorite af1 is and he said the linens… I didn’t understand at the time because I was like ya its just a tan and pink shoe… but over the years and seeing them frequently I was like ya those are dope… not sure if it’s the best af1 but definitely a classic…with that being said I hope these are GR because I need a pair or even two

Back
Top Bottom