OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

I remember the shape and materials changing in the summer of '03. The AF1 became a little less bulky and the "leather" became stiffer and had less shiny to it (especially the black ones). I remember them creasing less after the '03 change and that made me like the whites more, but I could no longer wear all black AF1s because they didn't have that soft leather look to them. They just looked plastic and the smaller shape just didn't go well with those baggy *** jeans I was wearing back then.

Oh man I remember those black gum hi's. It felt like I waited forever for that specific shoe to appear - black, high top, gum sole - and they were crappy lol.

The ones I'm looking at are from the era when they were using an all white upper with contrasting color on the threading and outsole. Like the ones below.

They put those out in every single color available. I just don't remember the leather being amazing, but it was obviously better than what we have today.

Last edited:
Pana I think they made the switch to plastic in late '03. There was a Black/Gum Hi that dropped in the winter season (in Canada) that was too glossy when compared to the other pairs we had in the store. Can anyone confirm if that particular pair signaled the tolling of the bells for the GR/Basic AF1?

i remember that pair but i thought they released in 04. in the US and i thought they held up well

Funny thing Hare, but the quality of 'pleather' has gone down with time too. Those joints were actually more pliable than the rigid, cardboard-like junk they've been using since '09.

Oh man I remember those black gum hi's. It felt like I waited forever for that specific shoe to appear - black, high top, gum sole - and they were crappy lol.

The ones I'm looking at are from the era when they were using an all white upper with contrasting color on the threading and outsole. Like the ones below.

They put those out in every single color available. I just don't remember the leather being amazing, but it was obviously better than what we have today.

Good memory, guys!

They were glossy and weird texture, but they actually held up well.

For you, John. These are all 2001 releases.

Last edited:
Bip - yep, I had nearly all the colors but they were size 12 and around that same time my foot grow to a 13. So I ended up getting rid of all of them.

Did the Supreme Camo Air Forces get released in a size 14? Anyone know? nerd.gif

I'd even consider a 13 at this point.

Might be a stupid question, but is the pattern on the AF1 x Supreme Camo unique for every pair? I saw a pair for a decent price, but there seems like SOOO much brown on the toebox...

^ Thought i was trippin when i looked at pairs and seen diff. patterns, just like the paris sb's

^ Thought i was trippin when i looked at pairs and seen diff. patterns, just like the paris sb's

To be honest, I never even noticed that. Good stuff.

Should have paid attention before deciding which of my pairs to offload to Stuntman. :tongue:

BIP...

If there's anything you're trying to unload in a 9.5 feel free to hit me up. I know there's some heat you don't need tucked away somewhere. :nerd::nerd:

New ID options are up. The material is ostrich which isn't bad but I wish the color options were a little bit better. It's a good thing there's no navy option or I would have bitten off the mushrooms same way if did with the linens last month. Here's a few things I came up with messing around:

Back
Top Bottom