OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

^^^lol, damn, they might as well have not even double-boxed. There's a chance the box could have already been damaged in their stockroom or something before they shipped it out. I got a pair from someone a while back, the shipping box was like 2-3 x the size of the shoe box and it got ruined. Like, worse than the box on my Bordeux's that were shipped from overseas wrapped in paper.

Yeah, its possible that it was damaged before shipping. There's an impression on the corner of the box but its hard to tell. Its a shame though, the box sticks out in the stack of the other XXX boxes in the closet lol

Real happy with how these shoes look. I'll probably swap for the red laces though.

Ouch... overseas wrapped in paper. Recipe for disaster there..

Last edited:

From our friends at JD.......
And these via Wellgosh
the brown ones look 10x better in person

Naw that's a steal! I make that in 2 days of work.. Im trying to set up an appt at the Mercer store in New York but I get the VM??

I can afford them too - doesn't mean it's worth it though.

But, if you like them and would be happy dropping that amount for them, that's all that matters.

And, FWIW, the fact that it doesn't occur to you that Nike will be closed at half past midnight on a Sunday makes me question the veracity of your statement about your income.

Last edited:
I've seen some sick bespokes, but that price tag is killer. More power to the cats that get em, but I'd like to get a lot more than just a single pair of shoes for 800.

Was nice seeing the entire USA basketball team wearing the medal stands while getting the golds put around there necks. Makes me appreciate my pair that much more.

Yeah, its possible that it was damaged before shipping. There's an impression on the corner of the box but its hard to tell. Its a shame though, the box sticks out in the stack of the other XXX boxes in the closet lol
Real happy with how these shoes look. I'll probably swap for the red laces though.
Ouch... overseas wrapped in paper. Recipe for disaster there..

The slide-out/drawer boxes are weak in general - they have to be double boxed as any kind of stacking by the shipping courier will cause them to collapse. The tried and true flip-lid boxes are the best in terms of structural integrity - the exception is the junk NSW boxes they run right now. Those come pre-collapsed in the shipping containers from China.

Just scheduled my appointment for Sunday Sept 30 at 5:00 for Bespoke! 820$ Flat! Right after the 49ers Game I will be there!

I can afford them too - doesn't mean it's worth it though.
But, if you like them and would be happy dropping that amount for them, that's all that matters.
And, FWIW, the fact that it doesn't occur to you that Nike will be closed at half past midnight on a Sunday makes me question the veracity of your statement about your income.
Just scheduled my appointment for Sunday Sept 30 at 5:00 for Bespoke! 820$ Flat! Right after the 49ers Game I will be there!

More power to ya bud. Post pics when you get em please. Any thoughts on what kind of color scheme you want to go with?

The reason I got the VM yesterday was I called a 3:30PM eastern but they where closed. The guy that works there said they closed early sunday, there usual closing hours on sunday is 7:00.

Just ordered a 2 of the 3 jewels at under 50 each. Nike's got a 20% discount on clearance items going on now. I may end up getting the black pair, but I rarely wear black shoes so it felt like over kill to get all 3 in one go.

Just ordered a 2 of the 3 jewels at under 50 each. Nike's got a 20% discount on clearance items going on now. I may end up getting the black pair, but I rarely wear black shoes so it felt like over kill to get all 3 in one go.
yup, i ordered the grey pair for myself

REMINDER:

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BUYING-SELLING-TRADING ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM.
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO BUY,  SELL OR TRADE. PERIOD! PRICE ISN'T THE ISSUE. IT'S STILL A VIOLATION IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR RETAIL OR LESS OR EVEN TO SHIP.​
 ​
THIS INCLUDES REQUESTS/OFFERS TO SPLIT COMBO PACKS.​
 ​
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO DO PICKUPS AT A STORE OR THAT YOU NEED SOMEONE TO PICK SOMETHING UP. EVEN IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR THE PRICE OF WHAT YOU PAID FOR, IT'S STILL A VIOLATION SINCE A TRANSACTION WOULD NEED TO TAKE PLACE BETWEEN YOU AND SOMEONE ELSE.​
 ​
DO NOT POST LIVE AUCTION LINKS/LISTINGS. TOO MANY PEOPLE PROMOTING THEIR OWN AUCTIONS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY WE FROWN ON THIS BUT YOU ALSO DON'T WANT TO BLOW UP SOMEONE'S CHANCES AT AN AUCTION THEY WERE WATCHING.​
 ​
DO NOT POST STOCKPILE/STOCKROOM PHOTOS. (PICTURES OF MULTIPLE PAIRS/SIZES)THIS OBVIOUS ATTEMPT TO SELL WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S COUPLED WITH A  "FOR SALE" SIGNATURE! POSTS WITH THESE TYPES OF PHOTOS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.​
 ​
IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO HELP SOMEONE, PLEASE KEEP IT THRU PM'S OR USE THE BUY/SELL FORUMS. ANY MENTION OF ANY TYPE OF EXCHANGE ON THE BOARD MAY LEAD TO A SUSPENSION.​
 ​
POSTING LINKS/INFO TO ONLINE STORES IS OKAY.​
 ​
POSTING THE ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBERS TO STORES IS OKAY.​
 ​
USING YOUR SIGNATURE TO BUY/SELL/TRADE IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT "SIG CHECKING" AND POSTING WITH THE INTENT TO PROMOTE YOUR SIG.​
 ​
REMEMBER, IT'S OKAY TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT AS LONG AS YOU'RE DOING IT IN THE APPROPRIATE WAY.​

Last edited:
I should probably know this, but how does JD Sports get all these exclusives? They have some sick Air Max 95s as well.

Basically, they are a major player in the European footwear market and they move many units. FL used to get entirely exclusive models of Nike Basketball shoes (mostly from the Flight line), FNL has been given exclusive CWs before, and of course there are the smaller scale boutique collabos for exclusive CWs.

It seems that the sneaker market on the other side of the pond veers more toward running shoes and low tops, whereas the American market prioritizes basketball shoes. So, if Nike is going to reward JD with exclusive colorways, it makes sense to do so in the models more sought after in their homebase.

While I agree that JD does get some nice CWs, I think it's a bit of an automatic reaction among the US sneaker community to praise every JD-exclusive and lament that they get all the best CWs. If you only read NT/ISS/etc., I think you get a bit of an exaggerated picture this dynamic.

^^^Exactly, I think what makes it hot is that it's something different that we don't get over here. Some of their exclusives truly are sick colorways, I grabbed a couple different air maxes a couple years back when I went to Ireland, but now you can just have it shipped to the US. I think for most JD exclusives, if they were also GRs in the states, they would sit on shelves the same way.

ive seen the embroidery pack in most shops around my way they all looking good BUT ill wait for a lil price drop i seen em in a good amount of shops already and it isnt even their release date yet

The turquoise blue embroideries are pretty nice. If i didn't already get the jade dunks from a few months back I'd get these lows. Pretty nice shoe.

ive seen the embroidery pack in most shops around my way they all looking good BUT ill wait for a lil price drop i seen em in a good amount of shops already and it isnt even their release date yet
Their release date is today, doe. Unless you've been seeing them in-store before today.

Their release date is today, doe. Unless you've been seeing them in-store before today.
haha oh yeah im trippin im just so used to forces only releasing on saturdays

^^^Exactly, I think what makes it hot is that it's something different that we don't get over here. Some of their exclusives truly are sick colorways, I grabbed a couple different air maxes a couple years back when I went to Ireland, but now you can just have it shipped to the US. I think for most JD exclusives, if they were also GRs in the states, they would sit on shelves the same way.

Yeah - the grass is greener on the other side phenomenon supplemented by a shred of truth.

Personally, I think we do all kinds of things to limit our own buying habits and that often involves slightly contriving our preferences.

We want what we can't have, and at the same time, we set barriers for ourselves so we don't feel that we are depriving ourselves, but that we are either sticking to principle or creating strawmen that we wouldn't actually live out if they actually came to pass.

I'm honest with myself; I do this too. For example, I complain about the materials and shape of forces and say I won't buy damn near any new release. And, that's true. I don't. But then - like many of the Team AF1 guys - I say that if the GRs were just like the days of old, but were $110, I'd buy damn near every release. ...But, is that really true? Would I really do that?

Maybe. I mean, my AF1 collection indicates that I might. But, there's a part of me that enjoys hunting and that makes the find sweeter. So, whenever I find basic CWs from pre-2002 for decent prices, I buy them. But, if I could walk into the store and they were there everyday, I'm not sure if I'd feel the same way. I might coerce myself not to - because if I did, I'd be committing myself to buy dozens of pairs a year.

A lot of times you aren't consuming a commodity so much as you are a feeling, and if you don't feel the same way in acquiring the same commodity, it isn't the same and all of a sudden, you don't like it as much anymore. Behavioral psychology is crazy, and we know a lot less about why we do things than we think we do. Add in all the crazy manipulations about identity and emotion that get wrapped up in advertising and commodity fetishism, and we're walking around in a fog out there. It's actually kind of wild, which is why I prefer to go through drunk... :lol:

Last edited:
Whatsup NT, Just wanted to share my AF1s I made back in Feb of this year when the dropped the 750 pair OG cement print run.

They're pretty much inspired by the Air Mags except instead of that blue splatter pattern, i opted for cement. 

So... Air Mag + Cement = Air Cemags

Also did a touch up on the AIR to match the lights. 

On feet pictures:

ended up getting a total of 4 pairs =D

Back
Top Bottom