[::Official AFC PLAYOFFS: CHARGERS @ STEELERS - 1:45pm PT CBS (GAME PREVIEW ADDED PG. 1)::]

Shady throw by Rivers. Jackson was wide.
nerd.gif
Nice effort. Overall thoughI was really surprised by the play.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by dland24

Why are the announcers making such a huge deal about "pittsburgh being committed to the run"????? Arent they always? If they want to win, they better not rely on Ben throwing it. Because we all know how that will end.

How's that chief? Pro bowl like last season?
laugh.gif

I guess I am putting too much emphasis on the fact that he is 24th in the NFL in QB rating, has only thrown 2 more TDs than picks, cant avoid sacks, barelyaverages more than 200 yards a game and is 21st in the NFL in completion percentage.

Yeah, thats the guy I want leading my team to victory.

Why are the announcers making such a huge deal about "pittsburgh being committed to the run"????? Arent they always? If they want to win, they better not rely on Ben throwing it. Because we all know how that will end.

laugh.gif

I guess I am putting too much emphasis on the fact that he is 24th in the NFL in QB rating, has only thrown 2 more TDs than picks, cant avoid sacks, barely averages more than 200 yards a game and is 21st in the NFL in completion percentage.

And is coming off a concussion 2 weeks ago...

laugh.gif

I guess I am putting too much emphasis on the fact that he is 24th in the NFL in QB rating, has only thrown 2 more TDs than picks, cant avoid sacks, barely averages more than 200 yards a game and is 21st in the NFL in completion percentage.

he's had an up and down season... he's still clutch in crunch time this year, and still finds ways to win.. 12-4 is all that matters.

gotta do something about gates
eyes.gif
hes killin' us with the shortslants. all that room for the run after the catch too..

steelers aren't gonna fare too well if we keep choking on 3rd and short situations for a run-first minded team. gotta address that situation asap!

laugh.gif

he's had an up and down season... he's still clutch in crunch time this year, and still finds ways to win.. 12-4 is all that matters.

i have to co sign w/ d24 ... ben is suspect .... he makes a play here and there and i feel the steelers win despite him ..

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

laugh.gif

i have to co sign w/ d24 ... ben is suspect .... he makes a play here and there and i feel the steelers win despite him ..
People have been doubting him since his first year, and will probably doubt him until his last. It's just how some of you people see itbecause you can't understand that a quarterback can be doing a great job without putting up huge numbers.

How's Drew Bree's career working out for him? He puts up great numbers all the time.. is it getting him anywhere? Oh but in that case you'llargue his team stinks... Well, maybe these things go hand in hand more than you realize. Ben does what he's asked... no QB in the burgh is ever going toput up huge numbers, it's not our system. That doesn't mean we don't get great QB play from Ben (most of the time).

laugh.gif

Yes 12-4 is what matters. But the Steelers win with their defense and their running game. If the Steelers are in the position that Ben needs to win the gamefor them, I wouldnt hold my breath. Sure he is an ok game manager, but he will not win games for his team (which was the point I was trying to get across). Heis not good.

laugh.gif

Yes 12-4 is what matters. But the Steelers win with their defense and their running game. If the Steelers are in the position that Ben needs to win the game for them, I wouldnt hold my breath. Sure he is an ok game manager, but he will not win games for his team (which was the point I was trying to get across). He is not good.

You know how many game winning drives he's led with under 2 minutes? I bet you don't even realize... you go off what you hear other people say,that's where all this game manager stuff comes from.

Back
Top Bottom