[::Official AFC PLAYOFFS: CHARGERS @ STEELERS - 1:45pm PT CBS (GAME PREVIEW ADDED PG. 1)::]

Since we have started arguing, Ben has missed THREE WIDE OPEN receivers that most average QBs would have completed.

Ben just missed 2 wide open throws while this debate was going on.
laugh.gif

I feel like Ben is shyin away fron contact more than I've ever seen from him. He's rushing alotta throws that are there

Tentative from the concussion maybe?

Great throw. (W/o pressure tho)

Originally Posted by dland24

Since we have started arguing, Ben has missed THREE WIDE OPEN receivers that most average QBs would have completed.
whoops... looks like he found somebody.

sorry guys, he did just have his third concussion 2 weeks ago... mind if you give him a little bit of slack?
eyes.gif

what a throw. why is ward always smiling every time he catches the ball

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

sorry guys, he did just have his third concussion 2 weeks ago... mind if you give him a little bit of slack?
eyes.gif

1 for 4.....thats pretty good.

eyes.gif

12-4... 14-10... superbowl ring... keep hating on him. it'll get you far.

FAAAAAAAAAAST WILLIE PARKER!!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
get'em son!

a nice way to swing the momentum our way before the half. the offense is settling in slowly but surely

I don't understand why every NFL team plays great D for almost the entire half and then goes into prevent mode in the last couple min and allow theopposition to score, hell it's happened twice today.

Damn, Pittsburgh's run D is impossible to run on. Looks like Rivers, Gates and the WRs are gonna have to win this one...hopefully we can pull it off.

Bad td givin up by chargers but they are still right there wit them....chargers receivers need to wake up its like they didn't get to the game yet

eyes.gif

Again, which is what I have been saying the entire time, the Steelers D and rushing attack win the games. Ben will NOT win the games for you. If the Steelersget down to the point where they cant run more than they throw, they will NOT win.

And I will remind you that Trent Dilfer has a superbowl ring.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I don't understand why every NFL team plays great D for almost the entire half and then goes into prevent mode in the last couple min and allow the opposition to score, hell it's happened twice today.
Good A!!! question.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I don't understand why every NFL team plays great D for almost the entire half and then goes into prevent mode in the last couple min and allow the opposition to score, hell it's happened twice today.
I hate that too.

eyes.gif

Again, which is what I have been saying the entire time, the Steelers D and rushing attack win the games. Ben will NOT win the games for you. If the Steelers get down to the point where they cant run more than they throw, they will NOT win.

Here is all the 4th quarter comeback victories from either a deficit or a tie that Ben has won for the steelers this season alone:
down by: go ahead score: scoring drive stat: final score:
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]09/29/2008[/td] [td]Baltimore Ravens[/td] [td]20-20 (tie)[/td] [td] Reed 46 yd FG[/td] [td] 2/3, 31 yards[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]23-20 OT[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]10/05/2008[/td] [td]@Jacksonville Jaguars[/td] [td]20-21[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] 6/8, 61 yards, TD[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]26-21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]11/16/2008[/td] [td]San Diego Chargers[/td] [td]8-10[/td] [td] Reed 32 yd FG[/td] [td] 6/6, 62 yards[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]11-10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]12/07/2008[/td] [td]Dallas Cowboys[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]20-13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]12/14/2008[/td] [td]@Baltimore Ravens[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] 10/17, 130 yards, TD (2 drives)[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]13-9
[/td] [/tr][/table]
now go take a seat

Right - and how many other QB's have stepped into that situation with great defenses and won superbowls? Maybe your problem is you don't appreciatethe quarterbacks who go out there and don't lose games.. maybe you're overly concerned with stats and not enough with W's.

Back
Top Bottom