Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

@RFX45 got the same c/w. Gonna give them some thorough gym time today. Can't even believe there's still a full size run left of these... for $78!

If this goes on for too much longer might have to get a second pair for outdoor use.

yah the shoe is real nice with just hints of red, especially liking it with the lace swap, looks way cleaner

comfort is about comparable to CLB16s and they fit me tts

I used the SofSole 60" Boots Laces I found at DSW, the original laces is about 56"-57" and lace lengths usually jumps from 54" to 60". You could probably make the 54" work but I like double knotting when playing so i went with the 60".

View media item 2269489

Check out your local dollar store though, that's usually my go to and the laces there are usually .99 cents too and their rope laces are actually thick like on the old XIs, my dollar store only had 54" and then it jumps to 72" so good thing I had another SofSole lying around. I use the same laces when I lace swapped my CEs. I just don't like how slippery and loose Adidas' stock laces are.

Last edited:
Had some toe bang issues today, has anyone added the insole to fix this? Overall though boost is saving my knees

Had some toe bang issues today, has anyone added the insole to fix this? Overall though boost is saving my knees
yep. I had toe bang issues with my mesh pair when I first got them. Dropped in some spenco insoles and problem went away. Immediately dropped insoles into my PK solar reds when they came in. Never had the issue again. Not sure if the issue would be there without an insole in the PK pair though since those are supposed to have thicker stock insoles.

is that issue due to the negative space in the front?

The heel to toe drop is pretty drastic - keeps you on your toes but with the lacing stopping at the midfoot it makes it easy to slide a little. Once the upper on the EM breaks in a little it goes away.

interesting, just from trying on, it did feel like the forefoot boost felt lower to the ground but I thought it was mainly due to the negative space by the toes

The heel to toe drop is pretty drastic - keeps you on your toes but with the lacing stopping at the midfoot it makes it easy to slide a little. Once the upper on the EM breaks in a little it goes away.

Did you have the toe banging problem and if so did it go away with break in time without a new insole?

yep. I had toe bang issues with my mesh pair when I first got them. Dropped in some spenco insoles and problem went away. Immediately dropped insoles into my PK solar reds when they came in. Never had the issue again. Not sure if the issue would be there without an insole in the PK pair though since those are supposed to have thicker stock insoles.

Do you remember which Spenco insole you used? And did you put the Spenco on top of the stock insole or did you replace it entirely?

I think you'd have to replace the stock insole and put the new one in, I'd imagine the shoe would have to be extra big for two insoles not fit too tight with your feet in there.

Do you remember which Spenco insole you used? And did you put the Spenco on top of the stock insole or did you replace it entirely?
just regular ole spenco insoles (comfort insoles IIRC). they cost $10 at big 5. ****'s didn't carry them for some reason. and I dropped them in on top of the stock insoles.

J
Did you have the toe banging problem and if so did it go away with break in time without a new insole?

I didn't replace the insole and it sent away after a couple of games. The upper got softer so it was easier to get the shoe tighter with lacing and for me it stopped.

Anywhere else the SNS x D Rose 7's are on sale for a decent price? I think @floodarea  took the last size 8 
frown.gif

I liked playing in my Rose 7s once I swapped in a rose 3 insole to help with the toe volume - excellent traction and very good support, cushioning, transition, and containment. The toe box still had a little more volume than I wanted, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I ultimately stopped playing in them because I found the shoe a bit too restrictive at the ankle with all that support and padding. I've since moved over to the Hardens and am happier. Cushioning, support, transition, and containment are just as good or better. Traction is very good, but definitely a step down from the Rose 7s (most shoes are). Shoes also feel slightly lighter. A buddy of mine prefers the Roses for the ankle support. Different strokes for different fokes. Pretty sweet to have so many good options these days.

I still have some Rose 3 insoles to this day haha.  I've used them in Lillard 1's and CLB 2015's.

It's night and day in terms of the quality and thickness.  Lillard 1 and CLB 2015 came with useless, paper-thin insoles.  If anyone is old enough to remember the TS Low Motion (back in the Supernatural Creator days), they also came with thick, spongy insoles.

Switched up the insole from the 6 in to the 7s as someone here suggested and it does help fill the negative space. I am not sure hwy Adidas went with a cheap and flimsy insole on these especially since it's not as boosty as the 6s, the thicker insole would have helped a lot.

top = 7 / bottom = 6
View media item 2273928

Back
Top Bottom