Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

I like it so far. I think our bench is going to be better than in previous years. I love the top 4 in the rotation, we only need our 5th starter to be an average 5th starter. The bullpen has the talent it needs to be good again. The lineup has to stay relatively healthy if we're going to be winning those close games instead of losing them. I know we're not thrilled with LF right now, but it gives some young guy a chance to take the job or we'll make a move in-season to address it if we're gonna make a run. Maybe Beede and Arroyo can make an impact this year?

BTW, pitchers and catchers report today :pimp:

Still want to experience a game during Spring Training. Hopefully I can next year. 

Do you guys think that Jarrett Parker becomes the starting LF and that Jimmy Rollins makes the team over Hwang? I hope Hwang stays...But with Aaron Hill supposedly playing well, that's a spot.

Wonder what happens to Beckham, Kelby, and Nunez?

Still want to experience a game during Spring Training. Hopefully I can next year. 

Do you guys think that Jarrett Parker becomes the starting LF and that Jimmy Rollins makes the team over Hwang? I hope Hwang stays...But with Aaron Hill supposedly playing well, that's a spot.

Wonder what happens to Beckham, Kelby, and Nunez?

Hope you do too bro. Its so fun! To answer your questions....

-Jarrett Parker would have to have a REALLY poor spring to not be our starter. He has no options left, so I suppose he could start the season on our bench. But he will make the team and at the very least platoon in LF. As far as our LF competition goes, I thought this was interesting.....

View media item 2368666
-I have only seen Rollins play once while I have been out here. That game he went 0 for 3, with 3 strikeouts and a fielding error on a routine double play ball that extended the inning. He looked completely overmatched. I know its one game, but he looked old.

-Bochy is on record this week saying Nuñez is our starting 3B. I would say thats easily the correct choice over Beckham, Gilaspie or the Korean guy.

-Tomlinson has options, and even though I think he is better and more useful than Ruggiano, Morse or Hill. But those guys are vets...and you know how we like our vets.

Something about Dland and spring training reports gets me ready for baseball.

But first let me continue having to longest two weeks of my life getting through busy season.

Gordan Beckham granted his release.

It would be neat if Hwang made the team.

You guys think Shark is going to have a better season this year?

Wooow at the report that Will Smith might need Tommy John. That's a huge blow.

I think Shark will play better this year. If memory serves me correctly, he stepped it up towards the end of last year.

Last edited:
Blach pitched good yesterday. Are we really going to see him as the long reliever and continue to see Cain start at #5? 

I don't think Cain has the stuff anymore. I can't believe he's now our weak links in the rotation. 

Hwang still playing well
smokin.gif

For some reason, I'm never confident with Shark pitching...Maybe because of his inconsistencies last season? I hope I'm wrong this year.

I'll go with 90 wins this year. I'm a little more concerned with offensive production than I am with the pitching. I like the rotation for sure, and the potential of the bullpen w/ a real closer.

So, Rollins was told he wasn't going to make the team. Any news on if he's been let go yet?

With Nunez hurt, who gets the start at 3B? Gillaspie or Specs?

I had no idea the Giants signed Nick Hundley. I had no idea he was still playing lol.

Back
Top Bottom