Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

Still gathering myself after last night. Some of my thoughts:

- Bum is a living legend. PERIOD.
- Based on eye test/dominance. Thor was better. Just a tip of my cap to him, phenomenal performance. Matchup lived up to the hype and then some.
- Do you start Gillespie vs. LHP Lester if Nunez is healthy?
- Panik's AB was clutch, especially for a guy that hasn't been hitting.
- Do the forces of Giants even year magic and Cubs curse work together and help us?
- Shark or Matty Mo for Game 2?
- We playing w/ house money in the NLDS. Giddy up!

Still gathering myself after last night. Some of my thoughts:

- Bum is a living legend. PERIOD.
- Based on eye test/dominance. Thor was better. Just a tip of my cap to him, phenomenal performance. Matchup lived up to the hype and then some.
- Do you start Gillespie vs. LHP Lester if Nunez is healthy?
- Panik's AB was clutch, especially for a guy that hasn't been hitting.
- Do the forces of Giants even year magic and Cubs curse work together and help us?
- Shark or Matty Mo for Game 2?
- We playing w/ house money in the NLDS. Giddy up!
hey, don't forget to send the Mets a thank you card for pulling Syndergaard. I guess they were saving him for the next series lol.

I don't think they were saving him. He hit over 100 pitches and i believe his spot came up to hit late in the game. In a scoreless game, the Mets had to pull him for a pinch-hitter. To put that in perspective, Bochy wouldn't have let Bum hit w/ runners on if Conor didn't score any runs. Sometimes the situation dictates how you manage a game. It just worked in our favor.

With as high of a velocity that he throws, I'm not surprised fatigue starts to become a factor after 100 pitches. I think that was visible towards the later innings when our bats were finally starting to make contact and it looked like he was missing his spots.

I don't think they were saving him. He hit over 100 pitches and i believe his spot came up to hit late in the game. In a scoreless game, the Mets had to pull him for a pinch-hitter. To put that in perspective, Bochy wouldn't have let Bum hit w/ runners on if Conor didn't score any runs. Sometimes the situation dictates how you manage a game. It just worked in our favor.

All this ^ plus we were really fortunate that MadBum cruised through the first 3 innings with only 22 or something pitches thrown. Def allowed Bochy the luxury of letting MadBum finish the game as pitch count wasn't really a concern b/c of how little he threw in 1st 3 innings.

Not having to rely on the middle relievers FTW

Best of luck guys, hope you guys do well in post-season.

Lets pray Taylor Swift releases an album soon.

With as high of a velocity that he throws, I'm not surprised fatigue starts to become a factor after 100 pitches. I think that was visible towards the later innings when our bats were finally starting to make contact and it looked like he was missing his spots.
agreed, for a normal game, but in a winner take all, I wouldn't have sat him until I saw someone have some sort of success, and hit something hard. I really believe the manager was gunshy after Harvey blew it last year.

agreed, for a normal game, but in a winner take all, I wouldn't have sat him until I saw someone have some sort of success, and hit something hard. I really believe the manager was gunshy after Harvey blew it last year.

At 96+ MPH pitching, anything "hit hard" in the right direction is a home run. I'm still thoroughly surprised that Belt's hit didn't go out.

They pulled him to be safe and to avoid seeing our hitters have success.. because if we had scored on Thor, they knew there was a chance that they wouldn't score. Which they didn't.

We just managed to beat even their safety route plan.

Alright, I'm over the Mets game. Getting pumped for this matchup tonight. I believe Johnny is on 6 or 7 days rest. Dia de Cueto!

Hopefully we can get guys on base and take advantage of Lester's stuggles with holding runners. The Cubs are such a complete team that we need to exploit any weakness they might have or mistake they make. Our rotation has got to stay strong and give the bullpen as little work as possible.

I think the Giants have a good chance of taking care of business.

Looking forward to this game tonight.

Boch going with the right handed platoon lineup tonight. I like it, it was working at the end of the season. Keep rollin w/ it.

I have FS1, but I remember in 2014 when it was a new channel and plenty of people were upset. One would think it would be available to everyone two years later.

Base running has been ******* awful so far.

How early do you learn running on contact with two outs? :smh:

Last edited:
That check swing call ended up being huge. Did not have a clear look based on the angles. It looked 50/50.

Pence needs to have better at bats. The tie was set up for him.

Base running has been bad all year. Can't let that happen again. But all we gotta do is win tomorrow and we get two home games.

Nunez might have wasted his roster spot. Looked like he re-injured his hamstring trying to run out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom