Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

^When it's September and you're down 4 in the division and barely holding onto a WC spot, every win IS huge.

We got a NL West heavy schedule the rest of the way aside from one STL series, we still got a shot.

^When it's September and you're down 4 in the division and barely holding onto a WC spot, every win IS huge.

We got a NL West heavy schedule the rest of the way aside from one STL series, we still got a shot.
That is fair.....

But if we were playing .500 ball since the all star break, not a single game that we would win would be considered a huge win. Its just a shame.  With how we played in the first half, we should be cruising to a division title right now rather than sweating every single game.

^I feel you. I just look at it differently. By a somewhat educated guess, if we played .500 post-break we'd have a 3-5 game lead and I would still consider every win huge. I would consider every win as huge in September as long as there is still a playoff spot/positioning on the line. That's just me and how I look at September baseball.

Either way, the goal is always the same. WIN TODAY.

Reminiscent of the 2011 season. First place until late August. Injury bug finally sets in. Hang around playoff contention until being overtaken. Then eliminated by the eventual NL West Champs (soon to come)...

[emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom