Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

Nice option for a backup INF when Duffy comes back... not the greatest defender tho but can hit decently well and can steal bases
I am a bigger fan of Matt Duffy than I probably should be.  Like the dude a lot.  However, there is absolutely no way that if it was strictly start one and have the other back up, that Nunez is the bench player.  Period.  

We didnt trade for him to be a backup.

Bickford was the top pitching prospect, wtf seems like too much for a middle of the pack reliever...

Definitely seems like the Brewers got the best of the deal. They drafted Bickford so high and so recently to just part ways like that?... I guess.

I still think Moore can be salvaged, plus he's relatively low cost and controllable until the end of the decade.

Not a fan of this move, but that's because I'm a Dodger fan, :lol:

Hoping we land Archer.

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
During conversations between the Rays and the Giants for Matt Moore, the Rays had wanted Matt Duffy.

The Rays get Chris Shaw and two others in the deal for Matt Moore -- Lucius Fox, signed out of the Bahamas by SF, expected to be included.

Last edited:
During conversations between the Rays and the Giants for Matt Moore, the Rays had wanted Matt Duffy.

The Rays get Chris Shaw and two others in the deal for Matt Moore -- Lucius Fox, signed out of the Bahamas by SF, expected to be included.

they traded the CEO of wayne enterprises?

We all love Duffy.  It sucks to lose him.  But Nunez is probably an upgrade so thats fine.  I dont like that we gave up both Shaw and Fox in the trade though. 

Seems like another overpay.

my man duffy 
frown.gif

I don't know much about Shaw or Fox but with the struggles of Cain and Peavy the fact that we have Moore locked up for the near future helps.

I dont agree.  Have you seen his numbers?  

Even with the offensive slump this year, Duffy's godly glove at 3B makes him more valuable than Nunez to me. If he got his offense in line with last year, then hes one of the best third basemen in the league.

That even year pressure is real. Man I hope Nunez goes off. I hope Pence stays healthy and starts yelling stuff. I hope Frank Gore suits up and plays for a month or two.

This season has been a weird one, hopefully everything stabilizes. Belt, Pagan, and Crawford has the step it up while Panik and Pence get their barrings.

I also feel that Nunez is an upgrade over Duffy at 3rd. Nunez is a clear upgrade offensively and a bit of a downgrade defensively from Duffy. But IMO, Duffy's defense at 3rd is a little over-rated. I'm happy to have a more consistent base stealer in the lineup. Nunez came in w/ 27, and I think the next closest we already had was Span w/ 9. More power and speed in the lineup. Nunez can also be a better leadoff hitter than Span.

It was alot to give up for Moore, but it made the pitching staff better. Moore also has cheap team options for the next 3 years totaling $26M. Good price considering what SPs go for nowadays. FA market is doo doo next year.

Not happy about giving up Bickford for a set-up reliever, at best. But we saw w/ the Yankees that RPs were worth gold this year.

I'm glad they made moves. Too many people are unrealistic about who you have to trade away to get good players back in exchange. If they didn't take these risks, we'd be PO'd they didn't make more of an effort.

Back
Top Bottom