Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

Just lost Aoki and Byrd. I would have loved to keep Aoki for his consistency(the old Pagan) but like Pagan, he kept getting injured. Byrd did his thing for us too, just think his .BA was was way too low.

True, but if they do bring one or both back it'll be at a cheaper price. I think Sabean and Evans are definitely not restricting the wallet this offseason. If we have an opportunity to have a rotation of Bumgarner, Greinke, Price, Leake, and (hopefully) a healthy Cain I say go for it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Aoki back in SF...Just not for that option price he was carrying.

Interesting if the Giants push for Grienke...I wouldn't mind that at all.

You guys really think they're going for both Grienke AND Price? Would seem like a bold move......not that I would hate it of course.

So Pagan....do we start Blanco?

^ According to BR it's either us or the Dodgers at least that's what the update said that I got 10 mins ago.

Last edited:
^Interesting. I hope they would land him. MadBum and Grienke would be nasty.

come on, greinke. its an even year!  you know what that means. 
grin.gif

Last edited:
@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: Samardzija and Leake are Plan B for #SFGiants if they lose Greinke. Lackey also an option, as is a trade. No word yet on Greinke.

Would not give Samardzija a big contract. His stock has fallen way down since 2014. The front office has had eyes on him for a while though. They must believe they can get him to make pitches to get outs in critical situations which has been the question mark about him his whole career. Best case scenario imo would be landing Greinke and Leake as our 2 and 3 in the rotation.

Not at the moment. Sounds like final offers have been made by both teams and it's up to him to choose.

Back
Top Bottom