OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No idea if its true but I heard there is not even an NCAA violation associated with this... And Michigan is the only University that still thinks the NCAA has power so Im sure AD Manuel will give them whatever they want
Sounds like the Big Ten and NCAA have rules prohibiting unsportsmanslike and unethical behavior that it could fall under. There's also rules around in-person scouting and recording of signals.

If they have credible evidence of sign stealing it may be that they identified scouts filming at games?

EDIT

Just saw a writer say there were more specific rumors about things Harbaugh and Stanford were doing, around sign stealing but playbook stealing

Last edited:

I was actually more impressed with this game than others. If he comes to Denver he will be playing with a lot of bums. Teams at the top of the draft will be really bad so seeing him face adversity will be critical. The Utah game will show us a lot.

Its not that he lost, but he's an offensive guy & they couldn't manage a TD until the 4th Quarter, in his 6th year at the school

And the TCU game is absolutely fair

Well, I think you stripped a whole lot of context (that I don't want to get into) in that assessment.

But as far as being an offensive guy, idk dude. I guess I need to know what your criteria is for that. I think of your Lincoln Rileys and your Ryan Days when I think offensive guys in today's College football. Certainly the offense has been improving in the past few seasons, but Michigan under JH has been lead by their defense. I mean, Michigan has had 7 defensive 1st round picks under JH and 1 offensive 1st round pick (a center). Does that matter at all in determing what kind of guy a coach is? I'm genuinely asking.

If want to ding him for Michigan not scoring until the 4th, ok. Keep in mind they were unranked preseason and nobody but desmond had them going to the playoffs. They were largely believe to finish 3rd in their division at best. But if you want to put more stock into how they lost to uga than the season as a whole, you can.

Is it anomalous? He hasn't won a bowl game at Michigan in 7 seasons

Yes, it was. They had 2 goal line turnovers and 2 pick sixes. That is a massive swing. 14+ points at minimum. What they did in previous bowl games has nothing to do with it.
Losing to TCU is inexcusable and the worst loss of the CFP era IMO. Yes, there have been many bigger blowouts over the last nine seasons but when you consider just how much better Michigan was than TCU it really is mind-boggling the game was even close, much less Michigan losing.

The worst loss in the CFP era. Oh, no! Dude, the CFP is not even 10 years old. There have been less than 20 semi-final games. And yeah, like I said, there was a massive swing for TCU and it still came down to the final possession. You're really gassing it up. The #2 team lost to the #3 team.

Last edited:
But as far as being an offensive guy, idk dude. I guess I need to know what your criteria is for that. I think of your Lincoln Rileys and your Ryan Days when I think offensive guys in today's College football. Certainly the offense has been improving in the past few seasons, but Michigan under JH has been lead by their defense. I mean, Michigan has had 7 defensive 1st round picks under JH and 1 offensive 1st round pick (a center). Does that matter at all in determing what kind of guy a coach is? I'm genuinely asking.
Is that Jimbo’s problem, that he’s now a defense guy because he’s had more defensive players drafted at A&M? No wonder the offense is so bad.

Is that Jimbo’s problem, that he’s now a defense guy because he’s had more defensive players drafted at A&M? No wonder the offense is so bad.

I’ll watch a big ten west matchup before I watch an a&m game, so I couldn’t tell ya.

I have been saying that since he was at OU as a freshman. Go look up his stats when he plays a legit defense
Texas (in one half of play): 16/25, 212 yards passing, 88 yards rushing, 3 Total TDs, 0 INTs
OK State: 20/39 252 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
Utah: 25/42 381 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INTs
Utah (injured hamstring): 28/41 363 yards, 3 TDs 1 INT

The more info that comes out on what Michigan might have been doing, won’t be that hard to find some evidence of in person scouting of future opponents… They have named the “spy” and should be able to prove he was or was not in attendance at other games🤷‍♂️

The more info that comes out on what Michigan might have been doing, won’t be that hard to find some evidence of in person scouting of future opponents… They have named the “spy” and should be able to prove he was or was not in attendance at other games🤷‍♂️
Yeah, the way people got weird and are talking around it sounds like New England spy gate stuff. They wouldn't punish you for doing the Venables and staring across the sideline trying to decipher play cards and hand signals. Had to be some extra **** for this reaction.

And as I mentioned, people are starting to drudge up the old Stanford sign and play stealing claims on some "See! We told you!"

From what I heard on a podcast if anyone on the football staff goes to any college game during the season it has to be reported. Apparently OSU had some assistant go to a Ga Tech game (whom they didn’t even play) and they had to report it

Seems like a bunch of chatter about nothing

Texas (in one half of play): 16/25, 212 yards passing, 88 yards rushing, 3 Total TDs, 0 INTs
OK State: 20/39 252 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
Utah: 25/42 381 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INTs
Utah (injured hamstring): 28/41 363 yards, 3 TDs 1 INT
Texas wasn't a good defense. The Okie Lite game he was almost 50 percent. Look up his game against Baylor in 2021. He is good but he ain't great like yall think he is

Back
Top Bottom