OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Even if they do, that's cool, nothing to demean that, but I mean it's a given you give access to the losing team after a loss in any major collegiate sport or pro sport

I don't know the answer to the question on if that itself is normal

Does Cam Rising play for Utah next year?

I think he has two more years of eligibility if you wants: his senior year and likely a medical redshirt that would allow him to play a 7th year of college football if he wants. He already 24 so I doubt he plays both but I can see him coming back next year. I don't think he is an NFL prospect and he can likely make a good amount of NIL if he returns

I think he has two more years of eligibility if you wants: his senior year and likely a medical redshirt that would allow him to play a 7th year of college football if he wants. He already 24 so I doubt he plays both but I can see him coming back next year. I don't think he is an NFL prospect and he can likely make a good amount of NIL if he returns
Next year would be his 7th year. He was class of 2018.

He only has one more year of eligibility with a medical redshirt, which he’ll get if he wants it.

Is this a defense or critique?

Just an observation. I get how it looks like a sore loser type thing but at the same time how many people complaining about it are really going to sit and listen to what they have to say?

I think the only alarming thing I saw was Caleb sitting by himself sulking on the last drive before the game was even over, I’d rather my leader be with the team rooting the defense on. Again, not a huge deal. Everyone deals with those moments differently

People pick and choose when they want to make stuff a big deal.

This USC post game thing is a prime example.

Just an observation. I get how it looks like a sore loser type thing but at the same time how many people complaining about it are really going to sit and listen to what they have to say?

I think the only alarming thing I saw was Caleb sitting by himself sulking on the last drive before the game was even over, I’d rather my leader be with the team rooting the defense on. Again, not a huge deal. Everyone deals with those moments differently
Local media guys prob actually care about interviewing players because they have a story to write. Not having access to Caleb Williams after that game isn’t ideal for those guys doing their jobs I’m sure.

The broader convo, Lincoln is used to being in Norman where the university is the show and everything is about protecting the football program. That’s just not the case in LA or Miami :lol:. Looks like he’s learning the hard way. Win and all is forgiven

Literally Brady in the 4th quarter of every close game:

(Not saying you necessarily, but) People pick and choose when body language matters to them.

Local media guys prob actually care about interviewing players because they have a story to write. Not having access to Caleb Williams after that game isn’t ideal for those guys doing their jobs I’m sure.

The broader convo, Lincoln is used to being in Norman where the university is the show and everything is about protecting the football program. That’s just not the case in LA or Miami :lol:. Looks like he’s learning the hard way. Win and all is forgiven

Literally Brady in the 4th quarter of every close game:

(Not saying you necessarily, but) People pick and choose when body language matters to them.

I think that’s a bad look too but like I said people deal with it differently. Stroud also pouted all the time whenever he made a mistake and I couldn’t stand it.

I think that’s a bad look too but like I said people deal with it differently. Stroud also pouted all the time whenever he made a mistake and I couldn’t stand it.
Well what makes it particularly irritating is there have been games where SC was struggling and Caleb was on the sideline dancing to and smiling with teammates (Utah last year) and in the same game you got two contradictory narratives:

1. Caleb doesn’t even care! He’s checked out! His team is struggling and he’s acting like everything is fine!

2. Caleb is pouting and moping! Look at him crying and covering his face! What a baby!

Well what makes it particularly irritating is there have been games where SC was struggling and Caleb was on the sideline dancing to and smiling with teammates (Utah last year) and in the same game you got two contradictory narratives:

1. Caleb doesn’t even care! He’s checked out! His team is struggling and he’s acting like everything is fine!

2. Caleb is pouting and moping! Look at him crying and covering his face! What a baby!

It's SC. It's a story because it's SC and it's Caleb the person who was supposed to win back to back Heismans but since he is failing, let's pile on.

People pick and choose when they want to make stuff a big deal.

This USC post game thing is a prime example.
It’s USC who is choosing if it’s a big deal, otherwise its players would be made available to the media as is the standard.

I don't care about the media availability. Lincoln did what he felt was best for his team. I wish he would take that same approach with Grinch. Lincoln has the team going in the right direction but he doesn't need the media problems. Just apologize and focus on getting an elite D coordinator that can recruit.

What is gonna go atomically bad if they appear in postgame? Now you see what happens when they don’t appear, and that’s worse.

It’s not that there’s anything valuable or gained from them appearing, but it’s feeding its substance as something when you don’t just appear to mail it in.

It’s USC who is choosing if it’s a big deal, otherwise its players would be made available to the media as is the standard.
200w (2).gif

I don’t care who it is, you see tho what happens when you don’t make anyone available when it’s not even a big deal :lol:

Nah you can tell he cares I don’t think that should ever be a question. I mean he sat there for a while after the game was over. Like I said I don’t think it was a huge deal and honestly the camera cutting to him every ten seconds made it worse. Same with the media availability, it doesn’t bother me personally as I (and most regular people who are complaining about it) wouldn’t have watched/listened anyway

All I'm saying is I would have never have heard what any USC player would've said had any appeared.

The only reason I'm hearing is because they didn't. That's the point. The media makes a big deal out of that **** and whether it matters or not is taking something away from the weirdos in the media that care. So just throw some dudes up there.

Back
Top Bottom