• USA

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Mexico

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
like if it was like Brazil or Germany okay I get no one's bigger than the team.

but I dunno Messi and Ronaldo feel like they are bigger than team.
once in a generation guys get almost unlimited deference imo.

It feels like that because of all of these Ronnie and Messi fanboys from all over the world during the age of Twitter. Imprinting their ludicrousness.

When they literally know nothing about Portugal or Argentina.

Last edited:
It feels like that because of all of these Ronnie and Messi fanboys from all over the world during the age of Twitter. Imprinting their ludicrousness.

When they literally know nothing about Portugal or Argentina.

How many times have people immediately forced you into a conversation about Ronaldo when they find out you’re Portuguese?

I’ve lost count, and it’s honestly extremely annoying and kind of insulting if you think about it :lol:

like if it was like Brazil or Germany okay I get no one's bigger than the team.

Then you don’t know about Argentina and Portugal fans. Ronaldo was called an embarrassment for his national team performances for a long time, and I’ve heard Argentina fans say similar things about Messi until recently as well. Vast majority of fans didn’t want Ronaldo starting this World Cup. No one is ever above the team

Pretty beautiful glossary indeed to tell us you like glizzy

exactly, almost as much as you seem to love mine.

normally I would tell you to get off my ****,
but I hesitate to deprive you of something the clearly seems to create so much joy in your life.

Then you don’t know about Argentina and Portugal fans. Ronaldo was called an embarrassment for his national team performances for a long time, and I’ve heard Argentina fans say similar things about Messi until recently as well. Vast majority of fans didn’t want Ronaldo starting this World Cup. No one is ever above the team
You'd think this thought process would be standard for everyone, no matter how accomplished and established, but apparently it's not :lol:

Messi was getting killed for his Argentina form for years until the 2nd half of his career where he really stepped up. He used to catch hell from fans when underperforming for Argentina even while he was putting up video game numbers for Barca.

On the topic though, everyone is mortal and will have a time where someone else can do their job better and where your clubs and teams are better off with you in a lesser role. Some folks bow out gracefully and others try to fight a losing battle, the outcome is always the same in the end though.

It's happened to players as great as Ron and Messi before and it will happen to the great players after them. NT's and club's have to much pride to ever acquiesce to becoming glorified vanity projects for anyone and that's how it should be.

that's fine, you can not want him to start.
im just saying that me personally I would start them based off of sentimentality and past performance.

Messi and Ronaldo are two of the greatest athletes of all time and the best of their generation.
so imo you do that in (relatively) smaller countries you get some charity starts at the end outta respect.

but that's just me.

You'd think this would be standard for everyone, no matter how accomplished and established, but apparently it's not :lol:

Messi was getting killed for his Argentina form for years until the 2nd half of his career where he really stepped up. He used to catch hell from fans when underperforming for Argentina even while he was putting up video game numbers for Barca.

On the topic though, everyone is mortal and will have a time where someone else can do their job better and where your clubs and teams are better off with you in a lesser role. Some folks bow out gracefully and others try to fight a losing battle, the outcome is always the same in the end though.

It's happened to players as great as Ron and Messi before and it will happen to the great players after them. NT's and club's have to much pride to ever acquiese to becoming glorified vanity projects for anyone and that's how it should be.

"should be" is way tooo prescriptive imo.

international soccer is a totally irrational symbolic act that generates money for corrupt council swiss administrators.

if someone wants to defer to a national footballing hero
during a symbolic football game.

I don't see why that's a problem.

'22 almost over, do what you love beloved.
Starting ****** out of "sentimentality"and "charity" smh
You must love Deschamps too

Tbf yesterday was the first time they've actually outplayed one of the bigger teams under Southgate but they still didn't take care of business.

Really think it's a good discussion to have internally with the FA, they've been good enough to win a trophy the last 3-4 years and haven't yet. They can't waste away this group the way they wasted away that last elite gen they had in the 2000's.

From reports it sounds like Southgate himself might be thinking of stepping down too, he's gonna take time to soul search before committing to Euro 2024. If they have a quality replacement lined up they should do what they can to transition out smoothly. Think this was their best chance to win something under Southgate the same way 2018 was Belgiums best chance to break through

It’s already being done to Haaland and Mbappe too. And it’ll just continue to grow and grow.

It’s starting now with the “Haaland is a tap in merchant!!” & “he doesn’t dribble enough!!”

Mbappe is universally hated by Messi FC and Neymar FC because he’s the best player on the team and flexes his power (as he should).

Just nasty times. I’m not partaking bro - I love Haaland and Mbappe both and I will enjoy their reign for the next 10 years equally. No matter how different they play.

Some of these are just :lol:

Would be fascinated with the Mou talk though, I really wanna see him get a crack at international footy with a big nation. Think it has the potential to work out tremendously for him personally, professionally and for a national squad looking to take a big swing.

Hopefully Lucho helps inspire some of these big name club managers not to stick their noses up at the thought of managing internationally at some point.

The more natural/obvious fit would be Portugal but I guess he's so well established in England already that it wouldn't be a hard sell at all for the FA

Mou would def get the ultimate last laugh on all his EPL adversaries over the years. :lol: Could you imagine him going to a Man U game and saying hey I need Rashford taken off at 65th minute or going to arsenal staff and saying I want you to be careful with Saka don’t start him today we have nations league next week

:rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom