Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Mexico

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1670772578410.png

england need to take a crucial step before the next world cup and hire a proper manager

International football is so tricky though.. we’ve seen countless managers fail to transition to international football with success because the schedule/lack of time to implement style. I don’t think southgate should remain manager but who should replace him?

International football is so tricky though.. we’ve seen countless managers fail to transition to international football with success because the schedule/lack of time to implement style. I don’t think southgate should remain manager but who should replace him?
Graham Potter whenever Chelsea sack him over the next 4 years

So what's next for this Portugeuse generation of talent after Santos?

Do they go after a younger progressive manager or do they throw a bag at someone like Mourinho?

They've got the talent currently and coming in to make some serious noise over the next international cycle or 2

Didn't get taking him off for Sterling tbh at all, he was their best player and the main danger man for France

So what's next for this Portugeuse generation of talent after Santos?

Do they go after a younger progressive manager or do they throw a bag at someone like Mourinho?

They've got the talent currently and coming in to make some serious noise over the next international cycle or 2
Mourinho is a cup manager.. his brand of football is ideal for international success. It might be terrible to watch but I have no doubt he would be successful

Mourinho is a cup manager.. his brand of football is ideal for international success. It might be terrible to watch but I have no doubt he would be successful
Yea that's what I was thinking too, he'd be in his element having basically single match knockouts and getting plenty of time to plan around specific opponents.

Give him their depth in attack and midfield while having him sort out their defense and they'd be one of the most dangerous teams at the next Euros and WC...

Didn't get taking him off for Sterling tbh at all, he was their best player and the main danger man for France

Bringing on Mason mount over rashy when you need a goal is a sackable offense. Bringing him on for your best attacking outlet was just hilarious.

Man, how good is Jude?

Yea that's what I was thinking too, he'd be in his element having basically single match knockouts and getting plenty of time to plan around specific opponents.

Give him their depth in attack and midfield while having him sort out their defense and they'd be one of the most dangerous teams at the next Euros and WC...
Speaking of their defense.. wanted to hate Pepe starting (especially over Silva who I rate ) but he had a good tournament.. think it’s time him and Ronnie hang it up.

Jude is their next Gerrard, got all the makings of a world class box to box.

Definitely don't get leaving your top scorer in the bench for 85 mins when you're chasing a goal throughout the match...

Man's got his favorites though and sticks with them no matter the circumstances

Speaking of their defense.. wanted to hate Pepe starting (especially over Silva who I rate ) but he had a good tournament.. think it’s time him and Ronnie hang it up.
Saw a pretty good objective read on where Ron is at in his career and yea he's definitely at a crossroads...

They're better off moving on with the players they have coming through and developing. Too much of a circus and politics surround the squad with him in making it that much harder to focus on the task at hand.

It'd be different if he could accept a mentor role off the bench but he's shown constantly that he still believes he's their talisman or should be and it becomes polemic whenever he's not in the XI

I wish all of these brothas would just let these fans have the squad they want. Send a squad out there of Mrs. Grealish 69, FOLDen, slabhead, Mount and Arrie and let the results be what they are.

Sam Allardyce.

Graham Potter whenever Chelsea sack him over the next 4 years
Hell No, Potter looking funny in the light.

Was tough on Southgate going in but thought he didn’t get too much wrong in the tournament especially last night. Mount came on and won the 2nd penalty so can’t even call that a bad sub. If he sticks to being more positive in tournaments can see them in the Euro final in 2024

As someone with no alliance to England, this core of players should not be wasted on Southgate. Defensively, England need work but Southgate shouldn't be at the helm again.

Just to be clear, I still don't think "it's coming home" with this group with any manager.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom