OFFICIAL 2022 QATAR FIFA WORLD CUP THREAD šŸŒŽ āš½ļø ARGENTINA ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Who will win the World Cup?

• Argentina

Votes: 29 23.8%
  • Brazil

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • France

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • England

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Spain

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Germany

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Portugal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • USA

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Mexico

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
looking back the game changed when scaloni took out di maria and put on acuna at lw. you cant yell me di maria couldnā€™t go another 15 muntes at least for his last match. thats on scaloni.

Growing up all Iā€™d ever hear about was the glory of Argentina. ā€˜78, Kempes, ā€˜86, Maradona, the countless Copa Americas, etc. Until recently, my generation never got a taste of it. I have to say, itā€™s so much sweeter after losing all those finals. That was greatest World Cup final Iā€™ve ever watched. I hope you guys enjoyed it too. That is what makes this sport so special. Argentina needed this. The country is in a dismal economic state. My people needed something that could give them a sense of pride. I could say so much more, but I am still in a state of shock. I canā€™t believe we finally did it.

20221218_172844.jpg

5 MOTM's in the same cup is insane :lol:

Not all that unclear when you've got the likes of KonatƩ and Saliba available :lol:

KoundƩ (in his proper position) and Fofana are there too and got guys like Badiashile and Kalulu waiting for their chance.

He played well as the match went on for sure but his form all tourney and for France in general before the tourney leaves a lot to be desired. He got thrust there after Kimpembe went down but it might be a one off.

Not sure he'll be the starter again in the future.

Not all that unclear when you've got the likes of KonatƩ and Saliba available :lol:

KoundƩ (in his proper position) and Fofana are there too.

He played well as the match went on for sure but his form all tourney and for France in general before the tourney leaves a lot to be desired. He got thrust there after Kimpembe went down but it might be a one off.

Him and especially Dembele were tuuuurble. Got a pass due to the talent around them.
Again if there's no injury or illness, I don't understand why DD would go Upa instead of Konate.

The National Teams keep the official trophy at their base but every player and coach gets a mini WC trophy to take home to go with their winners medals iirc

Not any more - FIFA keep the trophy and it only comes out for special occasions. The one that goes back to Argentina is an official winners replica.

Probably instituted that after someone stole the Jules Rimet trophy - it was recovered in England but was stolen again later and has never been seen since.

Growing up all Iā€™d ever hear about was the glory of Argentina. ā€˜78, Kempes, ā€˜86, Maradona, the countless Copa Americas, etc. Until recently, my generation never got a taste of it. I have to say, itā€™s so much sweeter after losing all those finals. That was greatest World Cup final Iā€™ve ever watched. I hope you guys enjoyed it too. That is what makes this sport so special. Argentina needed this. The country is in a dismal economic state. My people needed something that could give them a sense of pride. I could say so much more, but I am still in a state of shock. I canā€™t believe we finally did it.

Congrats.

The last stretch of that game, is some of, if not THE highest level of sports play Iā€™ve ever seen. In anything. Hate to be dramatic, but that right there was the stuff of legends, that they write ballads about and sing songs of. Like, both teams were legit playing at an unreal level. The very top tier of the sport, and every single person playing hard and making plays. I had a sneaky suspicion that I was watching something special. Told my girl, to come here and witness this, after the second mbpappe goal. And we were glued!

Def glad to be in a time where we could wonā€™t need something like that. Incredible stuff .

Real talk though CoupƩ It CoupƩ It Brazilians need to treat Neymar better. Argentina used to treat Messi the same way and it led to his fake retirement. Argentina became so much better when we stopped being so toxic toward Messi and the team

For all that was said about Messi - his professionalism was never questioned.

Neymarā€™s was and still is. Plus Neymar has underachieved.

Think itā€™s a fair criticism honestly.

Bantz Lord T Bantz Lord T Saw you write about the economic turmoil in Argentina. This means a lot. Facts.

But one thing Iā€™ve never been able to understand is why Argentina always seem to be in dire financial straits.

The Country of Argentina has all the potential to be a World Power. They have the population, size, geography, territory, ports, etcā€¦

I hope they do. Brasil failed me a long time ago, I have no hope for them anymore.

Rooting for Argentina.

no Kante, Pogba, Madridā€™s Mendy, Kiempembe, Nkunku, and Benzema.

GGs. Guess I gotta buy a Arg jersey now. Three star. With MacAllister on the back. Brighton taking home a trophy :pimp:

KoundƩ (in his proper position) and Fofana are there too and got guys like Badiashile and Kalulu waiting for their chance.

They also have Kimpembe. France debth at cb is the least of their worries.

yea replacing pogba and finding depth in Full back much bigger concern.

looking back the game changed when scaloni took out di maria and put on acuna at lw. you cant yell me di maria couldnā€™t go another 15 muntes at least for his last match. thats on scaloni.
I felt like game shifted once France got their footing in Midfield.. Camavanga and Muani helped.

Back
Top Bottom