OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
langfor5 langfor5 I was in Lawrence this past weekend for the game. We flew one of the guys from college gameday out after the game. It’s too bad they lost, the city was buzzing.

A819095D-6C4C-48C0-9360-0A11E06EABC5.jpeg

dragicon dragicon that is dope!! You a pilot?

Yeah the city was ALIVE. Some big time ($$$$) KU folks were in the house. Sucks they couldn't get it done and I was obviously disappointed in the outcome but it is nothing short of a miracle of just how quickly this thing got turned around. That cannot be understated.

dragicon dragicon that is dope!! You a pilot?

Yeah the city was ALIVE. Some big time ($$$$) KU folks were in the house. Sucks they couldn't get it done and I was obviously disappointed in the outcome but it is nothing short of a miracle of just how quickly this thing got turned around. That cannot be understated.
Yessir, captain pilot dragicon here.

I went to CU back in the day. Before that, I grew up in Wisconsin. It was more or less right as they were getting good. I went to a lot of bad badger football games when I was really young. When they went to the rose bowl in 1994, it was absolutely bananas and a surreal experience. KU isn’t quite on that level yet, but that feeling of having a terrible team for a long time, to suddenly being good is hard to beat.

Yessir, captain pilot dragicon here.

I went to CU back in the day. Before that, I grew up in Wisconsin. It was more or less right as they were getting good. I went to a lot of bad badger football games when I was really young. When they went to the rose bowl in 1994, it was absolutely bananas and a surreal experience. KU isn’t quite on that level yet, but that feeling of having a terrible team for a long time, to suddenly being good is hard to beat.

That is awesome, Captain! I could potentially guess who those Colorado Jayhawks might have been, lol.

Been a Jayhawk football fan my whole life. Was student during the greatest of times and sat through some cold and empty blowouts as an adult. Every year you believe this could be the year it gets turned around and finally we can see light at the end of the tunnel. Pretty awesome.

CU, though. Yikes. Couple of my buddies are season ticket holders and they are beside themselves. Another great environment when things are going well.

Well the 247 mods on your board seem to think otherwise :lol:. He was behind Campbell and Stokes, then Kirby basically had him playing Star which is the most difficult position in your defense. I think he can get it done at corner for sure. NFL is another story but I don’t care about that.

Tried to tell y'all that Stevenson wasn't a corner. Out here blowing coverages and getting burned by ACC receivers.

Screenshot_20221012-230050.png

Screenshot_20221012-232339.png

Last edited:

Tried to tell y'all that Stevenson wasn't a corner. Out here blowing coverages and getting burned by ACC receivers.

Screenshot_20221012-230050.png

Screenshot_20221012-232339.png

He’s been hurt all season and playing through injuries. It’s funny how you were quiet last year when he balled all season and was the best player on the defense :lol:. But here you come as usual, loud and wrong.

1665633544798.png

He’s been hurt all season and playing through injuries. It’s funny how you were quiet last year when he balled all season and was the best player on the defense :lol:. But here you come as usual, loud and wrong.

1665633544798.png

25 catches allowed on 49 targets seems like a nasty stat though :lol: (I don't want no smoke)

Over an entire season? I don’t know what CFB y’all watch man :lol:.
You're right I'm a bad judge of that stat. I was thinking about how Sauce Gardner gave up 23 catches on 320 snaps. Against Bama he gave up 1 catch for negative yards receiving vs. Jameson Williams and (2 catches for) 14 yards overall against their team in the game. So I saw 50%+ completions vs him and was like ehhh.

To your point, Stingley allowed 35 catches on 77 targets for 548 yards (with three picks and 15 forced incompletions) in man coverage, which seems closer to what Stevenson was doing, though I don't know how much man Miami played.

I was gonna say… a 50% completion rate as the nearest defender is damned sure not a bad metric. :lol:

I was gonna say… a 50% completion rate as the nearest defender is damned sure not a bad metric. :lol:
Which is also why trying to quote message board posters as if they’re some arbiter of play is comedy by atlsfinest atlsfinest . He’s definitely not watching Miami games and most fans have ZERO idea what’s going on. Some of the “blown coverage” he’s talking about is the safety blowing coverage in Cover 2. :lol: Just when I thought Georgia fans couldn’t get any more annoying — they’re trying to “I told you so” about a player who hasn’t been on their roster in 2 years.

That's the ultimate question. How invested are they really going to be, both monetarily and as an institution.

Deion and GT seem like an awful fit :lol:
If you're gonna hire Deion, that organization from the top down better be ready to run at a complete 180 from what we've heard/seen about how stuffy/rigid they are institutionally.

Even if they're willing to loosen up, that still feels like a too-far-into-left-field shift for that program. Too much, too fast kinda vibe.

I'd be fascinated by watching him at a P5 gig with the exposure, prestige, facilities, etc ... But you can't run your operation like Georgia Tech traditionally has or that thing's gonna go down in flames.

If they could get some of the leftover recruits in UGA they could do some damage in the ACC
As long as they’ve got calculus or pre-calc as a requirement and other stringent admission reqs it’s gonna be tough. Admin and boosters really are going to have to lean in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom