OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can tell him to always stay aggressive and look for your shot. didn’t watch the game yesterday but Simmons has moments where he doesn’t want to score. Hard to get into a groove from the stripe if you aren’t looking to score. The issue now is his poor shooting but the bigger issue is his lack of aggressiveness in trying to get buckets

It’s definitely a mental thing at this point. But when you are down 5 with less than two mins left and you keep passing it to Tobias to bring up the ball because you suck at the ft line, what can coach do? Tell him to bring up the ball and don’t be afraid of the line and contin Maybe.

Or should he sit him? That’s going to hurt his ego (even though it’s the right thing to do IMO).

coach can and should tell him to be aggressive for sure, but at the end of the day, making free throws will solve his confidence issues (amongst others). It’s really on Ben at this point.

What is the story behind this @fatz datznasty datznasty ?

1622574990747.png

I feel like Hakeem Olajuwon is a textbook case of why great players make terrible teachers.

Nothing Hakeem can teach you is helpful to someone who isn't hakeem.

His entire postgame is built off his ability to make incredibly difficult shots look routine. His touch on fadeaways and hook shots combined with athleticism is not replicable

The fakes only work because you have respect the fact that he can make a high speed reverse pivot wrong foot fadeaway ect ect consistently.

Dwight Howard or whoever can learn all the moves, but the fake won't work unless you can make a left shoulder fade at a 50% clip.

I feel like Hakeem Olajuwon is a textbook case of why great players make terrible teachers.

His entire postgame is built off his ability to make incredibly difficult shots look routine. His touch on fadeaways and hook shots combined with athleticism is not replicable

The fakes only work because you have respect the fact that he can make a high speed reverse pivot wrong foot fadeaway ect ect consistently.

Dwight Howard or whoever can learn all the moves, but the fake won't work unless you can make a left shoulder fade at a 50% clip.

Kobe worked with Hakeem tho. Hakeem even said he was his best low post student.

But I agree, you need someone with innate skills like Kobe that can take advantage of his teachings.

just catching up to stuff now :lol: but

Yeah Zu was like the primary reason the Clippers went from 22nd in defense to like 7th. Just look at their improvement on that end. He’s fantastic on that end

Him being cooked by a 1st team all nba guy making an outlier amount of off the bounce 3’s doesn’t change that. Are we really gonna act like Luka is Steph :lol: we KNOW he and the Mavs ain’t like that as shooter man and instead of acknowledging the outlier...nvm :lol:

I still contest that the clips issues with the Mavs didn’t have much to do with Luka making tough shots over a 7ft contest. Regression was / is coming. The Clippers have beaten the Mavs multiple times with him going off. Luka’s scoring and shooting wasn’t and isn’t the issue
He made 10 threes at Staples. Zu ate 3 of them, zero in G2 which was the Mavs best performance of the series.

Ty had him on a short leash in G3 not because of step back 3s but because Tim, Kleber, KP, & Brunson were all getting layups & open jumpers because of him.

Kobe worked with Hakeem tho. Hakeem even said he was his best low post student.

But I agree, you need someone with innate skills like Kobe that can take advantage of his teachings.

im sure Kobe was his best student,
he's like one of the 25 humans in NBA history that can hit incredibly difficult fade aways at a high rate.

What?He helped Kobe, Yao and alot of other players improve. The ones who didn’t improve don’t have the ability… have you ever watched videos where he trains NBA players? He’s just doing basic stuff he’s not taking difficult shots and then telling them “yea figure out how to replicate that”. He’s not taking them in the gym and playing a game of horse with them. Otherwise no one would continue to use him.

need Boston to win tonight then a bum player like Smart to do the cha cha slide on the the Nets logo...

or start a fight with this guy

brooklyn_mascot.jpg

I loved the 17s, but never could afford a pair.

JB needs to cut the bull**** and retro the 17s probably. Especially the wht/blue, blk/silver and these.

I swear, that was the first shoe in my lifetime that had the $200.00 tag out the gate. Couldn’t afford those either til I was an adult. *****s that had them used to be flexing crazy hard with the suitcase and disk :lol:. Shoe is elite.

I eventually copped two pairs of eBay in like 2013 for about $160 a piece. White ones kinda broke down on me, but it was a shoe I always wanted, and was able to get.

I think I sold my black ones. miss them joints. Clean as hell.

I loved the 17s, but never could afford a pair.

JB needs to cut the bull**** and retro the 17s probably. Especially the wht/blue, blk/silver and these.
Got the low blacks in the closet now. Midsole crumbling. Keep telling myself im going to find some to fix em. :frown::frown::frown:

Had on the 16 s from the countdown packthis weekend. Still look okay besides the yellowed soles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom