OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you to a point. It’s talked about too much like the player can completely control it. At the same time, it can’t just be overlooked. Teams have to take it into consideration with contracts and planning for the future. Like part of the reason the Clippers decided to move on from Griffin was his tendency to get hurt a lot, including in the post-season.
There's some broad body types to look for that are higher-risk for getting hurt. But other than that you can't really do much other than trust what you see in the player and trust your medical staff and pray.

And even then, you get guys like Porzingis who - by all accounts in Dallas - busts his *** in the training room, does everything he can to take care of his body and it still doesn't matter because he's going to get hurt and you just gotta deal with it.
Jokic and Luka both constantly look like they’re on the verge of passing out from exhaustion but they’ll each play 44 minutes and not have any drop in production
Pale white dudes get red-face and look like they're going to die during periods of heavy energy output... :lol: We can't help it. :lol: :lol:

Lakers should trade AD. His injury prone ways will only get worse. Let another team deal with his frail body.

Now teams going after their own.

Time to put up glass around the floor.

this. if the nba wants to continue to have fans this close seated to the floor, they must protect the players. i am all for putting up a barrier like a netting or clear glass that prevents objects being thrown

Andre Miller was all time durable while admitting he doesn't touch a basketball in the offseason, eats fried chicken all summer long, not lifting weights, and having a generally soft physique

It's different for different types of players. Andre wasn't a aggressive scorer/slasher. Melo admitted he needed to get in better shape to be better. Shaq fell off because he ain't take care of his body and started to break down. Bron, Kobe, Malone, Mike, all lifted weights, stayed in great shape and had longevity.

I understand Doc has to build up Ben Simmons but people need to stop with this "He does so many other things". Your #1 pick, "generational talent" is supposed to impact the game in different ways. The problem with Ben is he can't and refuses to improve his shooting. The 6ers ain't draft him to be Bo Outlaw at the Point.

I understand Doc has to build up Ben Simmons but people need to stop with this "He does so many other things". Your #1 pick, "generational talent" is supposed to impact the game in different ways. The problem with Ben is he can't and refuses to improve his shooting. The 6ers ain't draft him to be Bo Outlaw at the Point.

I understand why Doc will say that to the media. Some people say internally, Doc needs to speak with Simmons to better his freethrows, but that's a conversation for the summer, not game 5 of a playoff game.

Ben is who he is right now and Doc needs to smarten up and bench him when necessary. It feels like Doc will keep Ben in just to prove a point and that will cost us big time.

welp pathetic ending but shout out to my youngin maxey.. he fought us back in that game when we was down 12 before entering the 4th

onto game 5 at WF and our 100% capacity

Benjamin thats a buzzkill my guy

the whole flow of the game was just weird esp once biid went down, Also when ben aint got his 7+ assist i just get that feeling its gonna be ugly and it sure was

main thing is though ben no doubt cost us with the poor FTs and our defense not being able to counter with stops.. trading 2 for 1 every time was tough to watch

you would want your coach to defend you and protect you from the media but tell it like it is in the locker room

The thing is...what can Doc do? Tell him to shoot better overnight? It's a summer thing that needs to happen.

Also, all he should be asking for is not to be a liability from the ft line. No one is asking him to shoot 90% or anything like that.

main thing is though ben no doubt cost us with the poor FTs and our defense not being able to counter with stops.. trading 2 for 1 every time was tough to watch

It sucked, and it seems like Doc will be too proud to bench him. How are we supposed to beat Brooklyn or Milwaukee like that?

We didn’t draft him to be a PG tho....

And we don’t have a legitimate point on the roster to actually use him correctly off ball

so if it ain’t *that* broke, don’t fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom