OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sark raiding Bama's offensive staff hard. Tried to steal Jeff Banks, too, but he decided to stay at Bama.

True. I wonder what the changes are that he will try and institute and how that will work with what he aims to deliver with his defense.
Yea, I guess we’ll have to see how badly he wants this. He really needs to relinquish control of the defense and take more of a CEO role. Lot of hubris involved though

Due to covid and the lack of camps there are going to be a lot of D1 teams who land some very good walk on’s who in other years would be scholarship athletes elsewhere

I'm guessing Coach O is hiring him because he worked under Brady last year so he's still grasping at recreating the 2019 offense, but doesn't realize a lot of what made that thing go was Joe Burrow throwing to Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson, Terrace Marshall, and Thaddeus Moss with CEH coming out of the backfield.

Assistant coach at UT Chattanooga

ErGEiK0XcAIe_Bn.jpeg.jpg

N41D N41D Texas insiders spending this week putting the torch to Herman’s memory.

Drew Mehringer and Corby Meekins never got the credit they deserved because they were handcuffed on players at the position. Herman’s background was in coaching wide receivers and he wanted to have more oversight on that position than anything else. That caused Texas to stall or delay on targets like Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Marvin Mims. It was the reason Texas was late offering Jordan Whittington and initially offered him on defense. Even Garrett Wilson was in question when others on the staff wanted to move forward with an offer. Herman loved size in his receivers and valued it over the insane production of those previously mentioned.

In his role as a closer, Herman overestimated his position. One story that sticks out to me is the recruitment of Noah Cain. I had an excellent source near the four-star running back, and he told me that Noah agonized all night over the decision, but Tim Beck and Stan Drayton were bringing it home for Texas. After almost being ready to make the decision, Cain stalled one last time and Herman “blew his top” on him in a phone call. From that moment, the decision for Cain to move on and pick Penn State became easy and left a bad taste in the mouth of Cain’s parents

There's a dude on the Miami board with ties to the Houston Fast 7v7 team who says that Herman ruined his relationships with Houston kids.

N41D N41D Texas insiders spending this week putting the torch to Herman’s memory.

Drew Mehringer and Corby Meekins never got the credit they deserved because they were handcuffed on players at the position. Herman’s background was in coaching wide receivers and he wanted to have more oversight on that position than anything else. That caused Texas to stall or delay on targets like Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Marvin Mims. It was the reason Texas was late offering Jordan Whittington and initially offered him on defense. Even Garrett Wilson was in question when others on the staff wanted to move forward with an offer. Herman loved size in his receivers and valued it over the insane production of those previously mentioned.

In his role as a closer, Herman overestimated his position. One story that sticks out to me is the recruitment of Noah Cain. I had an excellent source near the four-star running back, and he told me that Noah agonized all night over the decision, but Tim Beck and Stan Drayton were bringing it home for Texas. After almost being ready to make the decision, Cain stalled one last time and Herman “blew his top” on him in a phone call. From that moment, the decision for Cain to move on and pick Penn State became easy and left a bad taste in the mouth of Cain’s parents
I’ve got buddies still coaching at a few big DFW high school programs and can attest to the fact he was not well liked. By anyone.

Nobody trusted him. He was playing way behind the 8-ball in most any battle against Riley, Jimbo, Day, and Saban...

The Walker Little recruitment story on there today was a riot.
There's a dude on the Miami board with ties to the Houston Fast 7v7 team who says that Herman ruined his relationships with Houston kids.
He did.. The Fast 7 guys pivoted pretty aggressively to A&M when Jimbo got there.

Herman burned a ton of bridges there early then Sumlin got canned and it turned in a hurry.

This might be it for Pruitt. You can't go 3-7 and have recruiting violations, you've got to pick a struggle.

Bo Davis going to UT as their DL coach

Kellen Mond officially moving on... As rough as it was sometimes, that's a hell of a kid and a tough son of a *****... Left tackle and center also announced they're leaving, so gonna be a nice little OL overhaul coming down the pipes. Jimbo needs to be working the portal.

Bo Davis going to UT as their DL coach

Kellen Mond officially moving on... As rough as it was sometimes, that's a hell of a kid and a tough son of a *****... Left tackle and center also announced they're leaving, so gonna be a nice little OL overhaul coming down the pipes. Jimbo needs to be working the portal.

I feel like Mind being so ordinary was holding you guys back. Remind me a bit of Jake Fromm at Georgia. Texas A&M had an elite defense, one of the best offensive lines in the nation, great running backs and good skill position players. If Mond were a more consistent passer, you guys could have had a truly elite team (it might not have made a difference because Bama was in the way though).

I feel like Mind being so ordinary was holding you guys back. Remind me a bit of Jake Fromm at Georgia. Texas A&M had an elite defense, one of the best offensive lines in the nation, great running backs and good skill position players. If Mond were a more consistent passer, you guys could have had a truly elite team (it might not have made a difference because Bama was in the way though).
It wouldn't have mattered this year because Bama is just so damn good.

The only spots on the roster that are really lacking talent and depth are receiver, QB and maybe corner, though I think that's turning around.

They have to be more explosive offensively. Ainias Smith and Devon Achane are a start. They're wonderful. I think everyone around the program thinks Demond Demas is another. They need to land Brian Thomas and get Caleb Chapman back healthy.

We're finally going to get to see Jimbo operate with a QB he hand picked, so Haynes King better be ready to go.

So what you're saying is Kellon Mond's a first round pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom