OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barton Simmons... :lol:

Ehlinger is the kinda guy that’s probably always going to suck but will carry a 10 year NFL career as a backup because he’s smart, will do his job and not be an issue.

Probably. I just saw that Chad Henne is still in the NFL 😂

Barton Simmons... :lol:

Ehlinger is the kinda guy that’s probably always going to suck but will carry a 10 year NFL career as a backup because he’s smart, will do his job and not be an issue.
thats all you gotta do. Contribute in the QB room and you can become Chase Daniels and make $5M per

There hasn't been a ton of movement in the transfer portal at this point. Texas took a shot at Jaiden Lars-Woodbey, but he chose Boston College over the Longhorns. An excellent source told me that Lars-Woodbey decided on Texas, but several players reached out to dissuade him. Texas gauged interest with several offensive linemen in the portal, but I was told they weren't really ready to move on any of them and kept telling them that they needed more time to evaluate roster numbers. Things will likely change under Sarkisian, but that will take some time to work out.

How bad were things under Herman? :lol:

How bad were things under Herman? :lol:
The defenders, especially the secondary had a strong loyalty to Naivar and Orlando and there’s bad blood there from Herman scapegoating them, and the entire roster was upset with how the school handled the eyes of Texas protest. They need Sark because they’re gonna need a great recruiter.

Have you guys been tracking the Dan Mullen to NFL rumors? This feels like a classic ploy to get more money from Florida.

Dan is goofy but he definitely strikes me for the type of coach who might be better at the pro level than in college. He's not an elite recruiter but he's an excellent game planner, play caller and QB developer (which might be the most important thing for a team of young QB). In the NFL he wouldn't have to worry about coaching defense at all either.

He would need to tone down his sore loser behavior though. Even the best NFL teams are going to lose three or four games every year and you can't pout as much as he does

I don’t think that’s a ploy for more money. Sounds like there have been issues behind the scenes all year and he actually may want out. Whether he gets a NFL offer is the bigger question.

I don’t think that’s a ploy for more money. Sounds like there have been issues behind the scenes all year and he actually may want out. Whether he gets a NFL offer is the bigger question.

Word on the street is that the Florida administration is "embarrassed" of Mullen. I don't think he'll be at Florida for a long time regardless. If he wins big, I think he'll look to go to the NFL and if he doesn't win big his personality is abrasive enough to wear fans will want him out

They're not going to win big next year though. If he's looking to jump, it's because this roster aint it.
Yea, this was their year. Emory Jones has hardly thrown the ball in 3 years. Anthony Richardson looks like he has more upside but he’s raw. They recruit 50lem OLBs and DBs, but super weak interior DL and OL hasn’t developed. This was really the year. UGA will be back to dominating them next year.

Yea, this was their year. Emory Jones has hardly thrown the ball in 3 years. Anthony Richardson looks like he has more upside but he’s raw. They recruit 50lem OLBs and DBs, but super weak interior DL and OL hasn’t developed. This was really the year. UGA will be back to dominating them next year.

Best team and finished with 4 losses...man oh man.

I’ll say 3 since the bowl game half their team was out but still

They're not going to win big next year though. If he's looking to jump, it's because this roster aint it.

I agree. Florida definitely peaked this year. Veteran team on both sides of the ball, senior QB, experienced past catchers, etc. Even their defense (while still awful) had a lot of juniors and seniors. I expect them to take a big step back next season. Florida fans have been hyping up Emery Jones but from what I've seen, he ain't it. The Richardson kid shows more promise IMO.

Damn, the Tyrique Stevenson news is spreading like wild fire I see. :smh:

Saw on the Georgia 247 boards that he's looking to transfer closer to home in South Florida. He's a really good player but struggled at times this season. We're going to be thin in the defensive backfield next season

Saw on the Georgia 247 boards that he's looking to transfer closer to home in South Florida. He's a really good player but struggled at times this season. We're going to be thin in the defensive backfield next season
Been a done deal for weeks. Somebody leaked it though. Don’t think he really liked how he was being used under Kirby.

Been a done deal for weeks. Somebody leaked it though. Don’t think he really liked how he was being used under Kirby.

I think he wants to play corner but Georgia has been playing him at star/safety. He doesn't have the man to man coverage ability to play corner every down in the SEC and I think in the NFL he'd most likely be a safety. Regardless, good luck to the kid.

I think he wants to play corner but Georgia has been playing him at star/safety. He doesn't have the man to man coverage ability to play corner every down in the SEC and I think in the NFL he'd most likely be a safety. Regardless, good luck to the kid.
Well the 247 mods on your board seem to think otherwise :lol:. He was behind Campbell and Stokes, then Kirby basically had him playing Star which is the most difficult position in your defense. I think he can get it done at corner for sure. NFL is another story but I don’t care about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom