OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah he hasn’t announced anything... I’d guess they try to get him back because there’s a lot of whispers King isn’t as far along physically as they want him to be.

They don’t have enough IC’s left to burn on a one-year QB, I don’t think, given what they still have on the board to close out in February... so it’s either Mond or roll the dice.

If you can get good Mond for a whole year y’all will be solid. How’s the schedule set up?

Nah he hasn’t announced anything... I’d guess they try to get him back because there’s a lot of whispers King isn’t as far along physically as they want him to be.

They don’t have enough IC’s left to burn on a one-year QB, I don’t think, given what they still have on the board to close out in February... so it’s either Mond or roll the dice.
Grad transfers won’t count to initial counters this year, just scholly limit.

If you can get good Mond for a whole year y’all will be solid. How’s the schedule set up?
@Colorado and then Missouri and South Carolina from the east... Bama and Auburn at home, so... really well again.

And we’ve had four years to know at this point good Mond is every other week, unless you’re playing back to back away from home. Then he sucks both times.

He’s perfectly fine but he puts a pretty solid ceiling on top of what you can do.
Grad transfers won’t count to initial counters this year, just scholly limit.
So you’re telling me there’s a James Blackman in my future. :pimp:

Last edited:
Is Haynes King not ready to play?

And please don’t tell me Blackman is coming there to start? :lol: You thought Mond was bad.

And please don’t tell me Blackman is coming there to start? :lol: You thought Mond was bad.
Haynes was the weird exception high-level QB recruit lately that never had a QB coach in HS. He’s insanely raw.

Played basketball, was a high-end track kid... he was super thin.

But because he wasn’t as dialed in on just being a quarterback as most of these kids are at this point, he’s way behind technically.

There were Blackman rumors for awhile, but they died out. Would think if they go that route they'll just push to keep Mond. There doesn’t appear to be a good transfer option out there this cycle.

lolwut

I’m pretty sure me and N41D N41D just talked about this the other day.

Go back under your rock
Lol ok bud. I’ll go back under my rock. You live the high life over there. Prime example of the Ohio State **** that didn’t even go to school there. Keep being a fanboy.

Is any QB ever ready to play for Jimbo? Dude has the most unreasonably complex offense ever.

Lol ok bud. I’ll go back under my rock. You live the high life over there. Prime example of the Ohio State **** that didn’t even go to school there. Keep being a fanboy.

I went to U of I for undergrad and OSU for grad school...eek

Yeah, back to the closet you go

I went to U of I for undergrad and OSU for grad school...eek

Yeah, back to the closet you go
Good for you. You can still go **** yourself. I’ll never be in the closet despite how much you want me to be. I’m right here homie.

A&M is 26-4 under Jimbo against everybody not ranked #1 or #2... Basically Bama, Clemson and ‘19 LSU are the bane of their existence.

Also...

They’d benefit bigly next year from a couple of the OL and Myles Jones coming back... Would love Bobby Brown back. Everyone else in the draft eligible group is kinda MEH.

They haven’t made an official announcement yet but you gotta figure grad transfers are the obvious and then regular transfers from there
Hmm I’m not sure that’s what makes sense to me. You’ve got 700+ kids in the portal right now. You need a blanket way to address ICs, not parsing between grad versus regular transfers.

Haynes was the weird exception high-level QB recruit lately that never had a QB coach in HS. He’s insanely raw.

Played basketball, was a high-end track kid... he was super thin.

But because he wasn’t as dialed in on just being a quarterback as most of these kids are at this point, he’s way behind technically.

There were Blackman rumors for awhile, but they died out. Would think if they go that route they'll just push to keep Mond. There doesn’t appear to be a good transfer option out there this cycle.
Anthony brown

Hmm I’m not sure that’s what makes sense to me. You’ve got 700+ kids in the portal right now. You need a blanket way to address ICs, not parsing between grad versus regular transfers.
Yeah they may just make it all transfers for sure for 2021. Insiders have said that’s the word going around, that they want to make 2021 a freebie year with redshirts and transfers instead of ruling on individual cases’ merits, but they just haven’t made clear exactly how it’s going to work. Especially with all seniors being allowed to stay and not count to the scholly limit.

Last edited:
So Mullen is really vetting NFL jobs?

If he does bolt I wonder if they give Napier a shot? He’s obviously holding out for a very big job, and UF is certainly that. Though it is also a pressure cooker.

Recruiting wise UF would certainly be in “the SEC game” full bore w/ him at the helm

Last edited:
37992D15-E7B5-4322-A4D3-B06BF5FE3335.jpeg

Barton Simmons... :lol:

Ehlinger is the kinda guy that’s probably always going to suck but will carry a 10 year NFL career as a backup because he’s smart, will do his job and not be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom