OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d skimmed and had it as USC at 81. With 6 commits/signees.

But Arizona State is two spots behind them.

What in the hell was going on at USC all year?
Oh you thought it was us. USC's not going to end up at 81. Riley yanked the offers of our entire class besides 2 kids when he got here and basically restarted the recruiting cycle with a week to go, which is bold. He's also pounding the transfer portal hard. Not having a head coach and kids presuming all the assistants but Donte would be gone killed our recruiting all season.

More in depth stuff:

We probably close with Domani Jackson, Cyrus Moss, CJ Williams, Jahlil Florence, and have a shot at Josh Conerly and Devon Campbell. Elite SEC bags cost us Marvin Jones Jr. and Elias Ricks at the finish line (both told the coaches they were coming last weekend then got immediately pressed by Kirby and Saban.) We also missed out on David Bailey and Ernest Greene, elite local kids who visited a bunch of times and watched SC get clobbered at every home game.

Lastly, we had some late decommits like Devin Brown who doesn't feel like he fits in Lincoln's system and flipped to Ohio, and Keyan Burnett who's a Zona legacy and he and all his friends are going to UA. He's gonna drag another elite target TMac over there with him.

Tmac and Bailey are borderline 5 stars but really weird kids. Neither of them really watch or pay any attention to college football. TMac didn't know who Oregon's offensive coaches were besides BMc the WR coach and honestly doesn't entirely care who the head coach is. He just likes the campus at Oregon :lol:

David Bailey doesn't like... understand how college football works. Greg Biggins was saying how that kid assumed when a head coach is fired that they just hire a new head coach and all the assistants stay the same. He fundamentally doesn't get what a rebuild entails or how quick or long it can take. He was just closer with the Stanford linebacker coach and he saw them (and 3 other teams) beat USC so in his mind "Stanford is pretty good, USC is bad." Biggins was saying how he didn't want to interfere with the kid's recruitment but kept urging him to talk to his high school coaches to explain to him what it means when a coach is fired and how it works. He was concerned no one seemed to be explaining anything to him.

TMac is the #31 player, #3 WR, and Bailey is the #40 player, #7 LB, and neither particularly care about football :lol:

Last edited:
Art Briles literally interviewed for jobs this cycle.
Art Briles didn’t quit his last two jobs because he was tired of coaching football, either.

Urban will get a job if he wants one - but i would bet every dollar to my name it would be a disaster. He just seems like he’s unraveling.

Art Briles didn’t quit his last two jobs because he was tired of coaching football, either.

Urban will get a job if he wants one - but i would bet every dollar to my name it would be a disaster. He just seems like he’s unraveling.

Art was the coach of a team that basically had a rape ring and covered it up. Most of these schools don’t care they just want to win. Urban will take a seat for a couple years and if he wants to coach again someone will hire him

He’s a POS but a good coach. They’ve hired worse coaches with bad track records

507B44B4-B766-43A8-9E85-6DB4CF34C1C5.jpeg

It was honestly more of his wife’s efforts and passion TBH lol

The same wife publicly chea….with multiple wom…

Nevermind lol
A quick google tells me Josh was all up in University of North Florida DMs. Or you're saying it was his wife hitting up coeds?

Pay walled TMac article explaining why he didn't sign with Oregon dacomeup dacomeup casper90403 casper90403 tupac003 tupac003

Football Signing Day: Servite’s Tetairoa McMillan mulling options, aims to sign later this week
Dan Albano

ANAHEIM — The college recruiting process already wasn’t one of Tetairoa McMillan’s favorite subjects.
The humble Servite wide receiver enjoys talking about his teammates or joking with his friends more than engaging the individual spotlight that recruiting can bring.
But when McMillan didn’t sign with Oregon as expected on Wednesday, he ended up fielding more questions about recruiting.
And like his acrobatic, one-handed catches in the Trinity League, the senior made the difficult task look easy, joking that he didn’t “want to talk to anybody.”

McMillan (6-4, 185) supported five teammates who signed with colleges from the bleachers in the Servite gym before explaining that he needs a few more days to make his decision.

He listed his finalists as Oregon, USC and Arizona, the latter of which was the vocal contender after the Friars’ ceremony.

“I was originally going to sign today but I don’t know, my gut feeling told me that it wasn’t a good day to sign for me,” McMillan said. “I’m definitely going to sign this week, and we’ll see what happens.”

Wednesday kicked off an early signing period that extends to Friday. The regular signing period returns Feb. 2 but McMillan graduated early so that date appears unlikely.

Three of McMillan’s teammates — quarterback Noah Fifita, tight end Keyan Burnett and linebacker Jacob Manu — signed with Arizona on Wednesday, joining defensive lineman Mason Graham (Michigan) and linebacker Zion Sims (Army).

McMillan continued to hear the Wildcats chatter on Wednesday but said he will make the decision based on what “feels right” to him.

He said the departure of Oregon coach Mario Cristobal for Miami gave him some feelings of uncertainty about the Ducks, who hired Dan Lanning, the defensive coordinator from Georgia.
USC now features coach Lincoln Riley, the former Oklahoma coach known for producing top quarterbacks.

“This is definitely a crazy process,” McMillan said. “You guys already knew that I don’t even like the recruiting process … All this chaos and hectic stuff going on just makes it that much worse.”
“These times,” he added, “(I) don’t know who to trust. Nothing is promised at this point.”

McMillan said he will lean on his mother Shawny and Servite coach Troy Thomas the next few days as he works toward a decision.

“He just wants to make a good decision,” Thomas said. “(With) some of the changes at Oregon, he going to take some extra time to make a good decision, which I think is really smart.

“I know that he’ll handle it. He’s just a great young man and got a great head on his shoulders.”

Said against Wazzu they ran the ball 47 times, passed 22 times. He was in for 6 pass plays and 5 of them were checkdowns to the running back, 6th was a sack. Receivers were out there just getting cardio :lol:

Oregon RB's caught 33% of passes on the season and said it was because of Mario's philosophy.

dacomeup dacomeup Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles y'all enjoy that :lol:

Last edited:
Terrible look for Urban these last few months, and more is bound to come out on him cause the media sharks have circled, but....the only way Meyer doesnt eventually return to a big time college gig is because he decided to hang it up for good. NFL and college are two different professions, and two different sports. We've seen it time and time again.

Give this a few months and dude will be the white whale for 90% of fanbases who want their coach out.

Rumor going around that Coach Prime might have another 5 star athlete ready to join Thee I love. *rubs hands like Birdman*

I need Eddie George to hop on this action as well. I feel like he would get more recognition if Tennessee State wasn't so damn stubborn. Their fan base has been begging and pleading for them to join the SWAC, but they want to stay in the OVC.

Said against Wazzu they ran the ball 47 times, passed 22 times. He was in for 6 pass plays and 5 of them were checkdowns to the running back, 6th was a sack. Receivers were out there just getting cardio :lol:

Oregon RB's caught 33% of passes on the season and said it was because of Mario's philosophy.

dacomeup dacomeup Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles y'all enjoy that :lol:

man, this kid has really changed. You can just see how this has affected him emotionally. Tough spot he's in. Nobody sees the pressure these guys are in.

But after all of that, hes looking to go to Miami? The one that has a coach who was in charge on the team he left? Who else is he looking at?

Urban is a “name” so he’ll always have opportunities …At the very least some always struggling program looking to make headlines like Kansas or Rutgers or something will bring yo in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom