OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like... I'm here for it but I'd be damned if I let my kid gamble an NFL career on being at a school with Deion Sanders - who openly campaigned for other jobs - and that ain't got the same resources these draft factories do.
if he's getting a $1-2M cash NIL deal up front why not?

Plus he's been covered more than anyone else today. That alone will lead to more deals. He signs with FSU and its just a 1 minute mention on a NSD show and they move on.

Folks are saying that Travis Hunter might be heading to Jackson State :nerd:
Thee I love!!!! The SWAC got something to say!!! HBCU football is starting to return to it's glory days thanks to Coach Prime.
This past season for the SWAC was amazing when you look at the rest of the FCS.
You had teams like MVSU step up and prove that they could hang with the tougher teams in the conference.

Yo, Prime doing it like that. Dropping off the BIG bags I see.

With the transfer portal in full affect even if Prime moves on, which he will Hunter can still collect his check and transfer some where else without penalty. These days kids have nothing to lose.

To a certain degree I do agree with what Dabo King Jr said. CFB is out of control but hasn't it always been like that? The only difference now is that the grey areas are now legalized. It isn't going to change so either you adapt or get left behind.

Proud to be an alumni and former athlete of THEE JACKSON STATE UNIVERSITY
Thee I Love!!! Currently at Jackson State myself trying to finish up a degree in Healthcare Administration. The support for Jackson State in the state has been wild.
I hate that the FCS didn't push the playoffs back so Jackson State could participate. I'm sure they would have dominated a few teams. Not to mention the FCS playoffs would benefit from the fact that SWAC fans show up to games more than any other conference in the division.

if he's getting a $1-2M cash NIL deal up front why not?

Plus he's been covered more than anyone else today. That alone will lead to more deals. He signs with FSU and its just a 1 minute mention on a NSD show and they move on.
Quick cash is never a bad thing.

This just feels like a bigger gamble to me than the HS Hoops kids that went overseas or decided on G-League. The list of highly successful kids that got there by bucking the system isn't a long one.

It's obviously too early to draw any real conclusions on it - and it's easy for me to sit here at my desk at home and say 'well he'd get NIL cash out his nose anywhere' - but my initial reaction was just kinda like... This feels dumb.
To a certain degree I do agree with what Dabo King Jr said. CFB is out of control but hasn't it always been like that? The only difference now is that the grey areas are now legalized. It isn't going to change so either you adapt or get left behind.
All that's different today is College Football's skeletons have been ripped outta the closet and thrown into everybody's floor.

Everyone was fine when we didn't know and see kids getting paid. But now it's a problem. :lol:

Having been an HBCU student for the first half of my undergrad career, I respect the intent. Reality is though these schools aren’t ready for that spotlight, HBCU’s have enough trouble dealing with regular students. Salute the young player though.

20211215_130205.jpg

:lol:

Get your bread Trav

I told you some day you'd get yours for Matthew Thomas.

MT was not the prospect that Trav is/was, but hindsight 20/20 that kid was probably better off going out of state somehwere for his playing career

kind of surprised someone wasn't ponying up that type of money at a big time program.

Don't think it just money, its that plus exposure. That kids follower count and everything tied to him is likely going to go crazy now

kind of surprised someone wasn't ponying up that type of money at a big time program.

They probably were. He'd be a trendsetter. Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later. With the publicity JSU has been getting, it happened sooner. The celebration bowl sold out the MBD in Atlanta and started selling standing room only tix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom