OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

You were able to pull up info on the IRS website for SSI recipients? It says info for SSI recipients isnt availabld on there yet. Trying to check status for my grandparents
not really. I checked for them through the normal link that worked for everyone else. I didn't realize there would be a SSI link eventually. They file taxes and tend to owe, so that's why there would be no bank account on file. They assumed they would get DD since that's how their SS is paid. Lots of variables at play here.

but yeah. I got them to show up on the regular website. But it mentioned missing bank info.

Last edited:
im guessing you are married with 2 kids i am in the same boat but they only sent me a letter stating i was getting 2400 when both my kids are on my 2018-19 return.

Swear i hate the IRS nothing but a headache with them
Yeah I know man, smh at the IRS, hope everything works out for you bro

not really. I checked for them through the normal link that worked for everyone else. I didn't realize there would be a SSI link eventually. They file taxes and tend to owe, so that's why there would be no bank account on file. They assumed they would get DD since that's how their SS is paid. Lots of variables at play here.

but yeah. I got them to show up on the regular website. But it mentioned missing bank info.
my in laws dont file taxes
we claim them
they got theirs last night
in the same account their ss goes to

I think you'll have to pay that back. The EIDL is a loan. I got a EIDG which is a grant which doesn't need to be paid back and I got my $1200

The advance is a grant. That is what was stated in the application. I will be contacted about getting the rest of it which will be a loan (Which I can say no and keep the advance).

Here is the planned weekly schedule for the IRS to mail stimulus checks based on annual adjusted gross income, as first reported by The Washington Post. All dates represent the “week ending” (for example, the week ending April 24) and the IRS could change this schedule at any time.

• Less than $10,000: April 24
  • $10,001 - $20,000: May 1
  • $20,001 - $30,000: May 8
  • $30,001 - $40,000: May 15
  • $40,001 - $50,000: May 22
  • $50,001 - $60,000: May 29
  • $60,001 - $70,000: June 5
  • $70,001 - $80,000: June 12
  • $80,001 - $90,000: June 19
  • $90,001 - $100,000: June 26
  • $100,001 - $110,000: July 3
  • $110,001 - $120,000: July 10
  • $120,001 - $130,000: July 17
  • $130,001- $140,000: July 24
  • $140,001 - $150,000: July 31
  • $150,001 - $160,000: August 7
  • $160,001 - $170,000: August 14
  • $170,001 - $180,000: August 21
  • $180,001 - $190,000: August 28
  • $190,001 - $198,000: September 4
  • Remaining checks: September 11

Additional rounds The IRS plans to make additional rounds of payments by direct deposit and paper checks weekly. Initially, these additional rounds of payments will be made by direct deposit to taxpayers who provide direct deposit information to the IRS and who were not already paid in the first round. Individuals can provide their direct deposit information by using one of the two IRS portals: (1) Get My Payment (for tax filers who did not provide direct deposit information on their 2018 or 2019 return) and (2) Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info (for individuals who are not required to file tax returns). Individuals who enter their direct deposit information into the portals by Thursday of a week reportedly will be paid the following week. Also, taxpayers expecting a tax refund for 2019 can provide their direct deposit information to the IRS by filing a 2019 federal income tax return if they have not already done so in lieu of using the Get My Payment portal.

i wasnt able to put my info in
and get that i was eligible
till late thursday night friday morning around 12am
so i might get it next week

When will Get My Payment provide a payment date after adding bank information? [Added: April 26, 2020]

If you enter your bank information in Get My Payment any day until noon on Tuesday, your payment date will be available beginning the following Saturday in Get My Payment.
If you enter your bank information after noon on Tuesday, your payment date should be available beginning the Saturday after next in Get My Payment.
There may be times when your payment may be sent by mail because the payment was already in process before the bank information was entered. If this is the case, then typically it will take up to 14 days to receive the payment (standard mailing time).

from irs website updated on the 26th

6E2C0E25-3081-4D19-B9B8-7299766D9455.png

My cousin keeps getting this message should he be worried?

no
i think it was for tax payers
who at least filed 2018
and folks who receive ss
i could be wrong though
it applies to people who don't make a lot or aren't working, even if you haven't filed taxes this or last

not sure on the exact specifics but its technically for everyone issue is IRS might not even know he exists :lol:

it applies to people who don't make a lot or aren't working, even if you haven't filed taxes this or last

not sure on the exact specifics but its technically for everyone issue is IRS might not even know he exists :lol:
Facts tho lol

U.S. citizens and U.S. resident aliens will receive the Economic Impact Payment of $1,200 for individual or head of household filers, and $2,400 for married filing jointly if they are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a work eligible Social Security number with adjusted gross income up to:

• $75,000 for individuals if their filing status was single or married filing separately
  • $112,500 for head of household filers and
  • $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns
Taxpayers will receive a reduced payment if their AGI is between:

• $75,000 and $99,000 if their filing status was single or married filing separately
  • 112,500 and $136,500 for head of household
  • $150,000 and $198,000 if their filing status was married filing jointly
The amount of the reduced payment will be based upon the taxpayers specific adjusted gross income.

Eligible retirees and recipients of Social Security retirement, survivor, or disability benefits (SSDI), Railroad Retirement benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and VA Compensation and Pension (C&P) will receive a payment.

For eligible taxpayers who filed tax returns for 2019 or 2018, they receive the payments automatically.

Those who don’t usually file a tax return and receive Social Security retirement, survivor, or disability benefits (SSDI), Railroad Retirement benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and VA Compensation and Pension (C&P) also receive automatic payments of $1,200. While some of these groups receive Forms 1099, many in this group don't typically file tax returns. Many people in these groups are expected to see the automatic $1,200 payments later this month, with SSI and VA payments expected to start in May.

For people who have little or no income and didn’t file a tax return or don’t receive any of the federal benefits listed above, they are also eligible for an Economic Impact Payment. They need to register with the Non-Filer tool on IRS.gov as soon as possible so they can receive a payment.

u gotta be a taxpayer bruh
or get ss
at least thats what is says straight from the irs website
but again i could be wrong
and misinterpreting

You don’t have to be a taxpayer or even have any income. that’s what that fillableforms site is for. As long as nobody claims you as a dependent and you’re an atleast 18, you’re eligible for the stimulus payment.

You don’t have to be a taxpayer or even have any income. that’s what that fillableforms site is for. As long as nobody claims you as a dependent and you’re an atleast 18, you’re eligible for the stimulus payment.
That’s what I figured

Back
Top Bottom