OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1598540400087.jpeg

my guy! wish i never lost his jersey when i was kid

Need the old heads to chime in on Larry Bird’s popularity in the 80s. He was a college star and white as ****

casper90403 casper90403 lawdog1 lawdog1

Well, that’s kind of a tough question to ask two guys who grew up in LA during the Showtime Lakers era. Bird was hated in LA because of the Celtics-Lakers rivalry. But I think he was pretty popular nationally. Was in national ad campaigns for Converse. People definitely rocked the Bird black/white weapons.

There were limits to his marketability because I don’t think he really liked doing that kind of stuff, but for a “hick from French Lick” he did pretty well.

I don’t Get sitting out......
They should use their platform, play and don’t do interviews on basketball....you want to talk to me? Talk to me on race relations in this country that is STILL not acceptable and hasn’t been in the entire history of these United States of America.....I know There has been some talk.....but now pre game and post game interviews with the players making statements, asking questions, telling YOUNG men/women to vote is soooo important.......and I think will help move change.....

Not just this year next season on and on.......and never again basketball played in Nov.......let these players get folks out there to vote!

A wave is coming, most Americans are with the movement I think.

#1 reason this trump clown is president is people were tired of Clinton......if joe ran 4 years ago I think He wins....

Change is coming if YOU vote!

They should use their platform, play and don’t do interviews on basketball....you want to talk to me? Talk to me on race relations in this country that is STILL not acceptable and hasn’t been in the entire history of these United States of America.....I know There has been some talk.....but now pre game and post game interviews with the players making statements, asking questions, telling YOUNG men/women to vote is soooo important.......and I think will help move change.....

Not just this year next season on and on.......and never again basketball played in Nov.......let these players get folks out there to vote!

#1 reason this trump clown is president is people were tired of Clinton......if joe ran 4 years ago I think He wins....

They tried that.....Police still shooting people.

How much more popular would Luka be if he was say an American kid from Maine vs a white European tho? I don’t think the fact that he’s not American really hurts him in terms of popularity.

Man I think my hairline is tryna recede on me

Any tips?

nevermind :lol:

If your black. Hot Oil Treatment once a month, Argan Oil and Jasmine Oil help too. Also getting the PRP injections in your scalp every 6 months to a year will help. Make sure you BRUSH everyday for blood flow.

Not sure if you were serious but yeah :lol:

nevermind :lol:

If your black. Hot Oil Treatment once a month, Argan Oil and Jasmine Oil help too. Also getting the PRP injections in your scalp every 6 months to a year will help. Make sure you BRUSH everyday for blood flow.

Not sure if you were serious but yeah :lol:
Dead serious it’s very minor my hairline used to be flawless, but I’m noticing it’s a lil light on this 1 corner

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when he approached Michael Jordan about boycotting a finals game. Keep in mind 1991 was Jordan's first championship. The only thing more important to Jordan than not offending white people was winning. Jordan probably just stared at him and didn't even respond.

I couldn't see Jordan sacrificing even one finals game for anything. A member of the KKK could have killed his family and he would have still suited up.

Last edited:

none of us get it because we aren't professional athletes living in a bubble. they have trained their minds and bodies for the game of basketball, now everyone is looking at them for answers regarding the most critical issue that has plagued our country for 400 years.

give them the benefit of the doubt, let these men arrive at a decision which we can choose to support or not. for some reason we aren't expecting teachers, professors, politicians, lawyers or anyone freaking else to solve this problem. just black athletes.

for white fans. But black fans? No. We gone support whoeve looks like us. Whether African, Haitian, Jamaican, black American. It don’t matter for us.

Most Americans are white and white people, whether they want to admit it or not, would rather see someone who looks like them and has a similar background be the face of the league. They're just hasn't been a white American player on that level since Bird. Who is the best white American player of the last 30 years? John Stockton? lol

If these players leave the bubble that would be a big step .... then staying in the bubble shows they want to stay and play .... will be an Interesting next few days

Watching espn apparently Woj is saying the players wanna resume playing.

Personally I believe they should boycott for 7 days minimum. One for each shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom