OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all see this?
D184D62A-36EA-4C40-AE8B-4A5BA6C14C6D.png

Yea this is going to get ugly.

Very curious...and precarious situation...

'we gave you 'a lot'....you want more??'

Owners will push back eventually... and remind the help....that they're the owners.

It had nothing to do with social justice and protesting. But things got real nasty in MLB between the players and owners over money and how many games would be played when it came to pro rated contracts and compensation and the owners came off the way you mentioned. Some were pushing not to play the season at all as the financial losses from no fans in the stands made it feel to them as if it was more trouble than it’s worth. Small market owners like the Pirates owner were pushing that crap.

I could see owners being divided on their approach and some like the Dan Gilberts of the league showing brushback and things getting ugly between players and owners.

Because his run as an All-Star/MVP candidate hasn't been as long as people seem to think. He has the Finals MVP from 2014, plus a bunch of defensive accolades, but he wasn't All-Star until 2016. Including that season and this one, he's missed a quarter of all games, including one lost season. He's a 4-time All-Star and has three All-NBA nods (two firsts and a second). Obviously, he'll add to that, but let's crack 10,000 career points before getting into this discussion. Also, an MVP award helps, but again, he doesn't play enough to really be in the discussion. He was 2nd and 3rd in 2016 and 2017, but came in ninth last year. I just don't see him getting an MVP with all the nights off. That might not matter to him, but all those things matter in the GOAT argument.

Twitter needs to do a better job eradicating bots.

Agreed. Twitter better get on this **** before they turn into Facebook and younger people stick to Instagram. They also get first comment so their ignorant bot comments end up taking all the attention on any tweet

Twitter needs to do a better job eradicating bots.

Agreed. Twitter better get on this **** before they turn into Facebook and younger people stick to Instagram. They also get first comment so their ignorant bot comments end up taking all the attention on any tweet
Twitter does have an ongoing bot problem but that's actually a running joke meme.

this is the original copypasta lol

I mean honestly though, Twitter has proven to be the most durable social platform regardless of age demographic. Their biggest unresolved issue is monetizing the platform. 11-12 years in and they still haven’t figured out how to make money.

There's a new face if the league though...and he's the MVP and DPOY

tenor.gif

Plus that light skin dude

giphy.gif

I would say they are as equally faces of the league as LeBron

The light skin dude is home and Giannis isn't American...

And Lebron is always going to have more cameras and mics in his face when it comes to these issues because he's the leagues anointed social activist and he has the biggest platform/following.

So true, cant knock these NBA players they pushing the racists away from NBA

Patrick such a clown.

This aint it.

I talk a lot of **** but its all in fun. Bronze my man's. That's like family. We can talk ****, in the family, about the family. But somebody outside the family talks **** about the family...hands and elbows and multiple high kicks getting thrown. Taking Raymone over these ho *** inbred undercover Klan Nazis anyday.

On Sportscenter Woj basically said that the players are at high risk of having their current collective bargaining agreement pulled for striking and would have to renegotiate a new one in the future where players could be hurt by things like lower salary caps. If the owners reaction to this is financial punishment my 20+ years of fandom may be up
I'm trying to understand what leverage the owners have in lowering the caps and such. Players make the league. Can't the players just hold out and not agree to the draconian bs the owners will come with in the cba. Players have all the weight. Owners make $0 without those men suiting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom