OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Facts.

He’s the best role player ever.
HardtofindWebbedBassethound-size_restricted.gif

Basketball intelligentsia predictions:

Whatever this is...

Screenshot_20200930-061736_Chrome.jpg

Of course Bill Simmons picks Miami in 6.

It's almost pathetic how he talks himself into the Lakers losing every series
1st round: "this red hot Portland team. Dame is playing like the best player in the league. Watch out! Upset potential"
2nd round: "The Lakers guards don't match up well with the Rockets. The small ball is gonna screw with them. Does AD have the heart to dominate this series?"
WCF: "Jokic is playing like the best player in basketball. Who do the Lakers have to guard Murray?"

Of course once the Lakers win the narrative becomes "well, that team wasn't good anyway"

Finals: "This Miami team is fearless! They remind me of the 04 Pistons, scrappy team."

It warms my heart seeing the Lakers break his heart every round :lol:

Last edited:
Really curious who starts for the Lakers and whether they make this another "feel out" game again.

Really curious who starts for the Lakers and whether they make this another "feel out" game again.

Think he starts big (Dwight) and sees how Miami plays. I think the feel out games are over, finish line is within sight. Think AD and Bron come out hyper aggressive.

I don't blame Simmons for being a Diehard Celtics fan, it's been quite rough

Just a year or two ago

Celtics were Gonna get AD, they had young talent everywhere, we kept hearing about all the assets they had available. They were in a prime position to be competing for championships for the next 10 years

Lakers were "dead". nobody cared about the Brand, our young guys were "trash" that nobody wanted, our ownership was dysfunctional & was being compared to the Suns & Knicks ( :lol: ), The Clippers were Big Brother in LA

Fast forward to today the Celtics got bounced in the ECF again, they are capped out & all those assets led to your team relying on Brad Wannamaker & Enes Kanter to give you valuable playoff minutes

The Lakers are about to win a title, we have two of the top 5 players in the league, One of which is entering his prime & still trending up... and in another season we'll have another Max slot open to continue this run.... It has gotten spooky for Laker haters rapidly

Of course Bill Simmons picks Miami in 6.

It's almost pathetic how he talks himself into the Lakers losing every series
1st round: "this red hot Portland team. Dame is playing like the best player in the league. Watch out! Upset potential"
2nd round: "The Lakers guards don't match up well with the Rockets. The small ball is gonna screw with them. Does AD have the heart to dominate this series?"
WCF: "Jokic is playing like the best player in basketball. Who do the Lakers have to guard Murray?"

Of course once the Lakers win the narrative becomes "well, that team wasn't good anyway"

Finals: "This Miami team is fearless! They remind me of the 04 Pistons, scrappy team."

It warms my heart seeing the Lakers break his heart every round :lol:

What’s weird is that he should want the Lakers to win because it pads LeBron’s resume. Simmons loves the GOAT arguments, so a fourth ring makes the debate all that much spicier.

I don't blame Simmons for being a Diehard Celtics fan, it's been quite rough

Just a year or two ago

Celtics were Gonna get AD, they had young talent everywhere, we kept hearing about all the assets they had available. They were in a prime position to be competing for championships for the next 10 years

Lakers were "dead". nobody cared about the Brand, our young guys were "trash" that nobody wanted, our ownership was dysfunctional & was being compared to the Suns & Knicks ( :lol: ), The Clippers were Big Brother in LA

Fast forward to today the Celtics got bounced in the ECF again, they are capped out & all those assets led to your team relying on Brad Wannamaker & Enes Kanter to give you valuable playoff minutes

The Lakers are about to win a title, we have two of the top 5 players in the league, One of which is entering his prime & still trending up... and in another season we'll have another Max slot open to continue this run.... It has gotten spooky for Laker haters rapidly

That's one of the most hilarious parts about the Lakers winning. The Celtics have spent the last half decade amassing this incredible war chest of assets, hitting all of their draft picks, hiring one of the greatest coaching minds in the game and making smart free agency moves yet they haven't made the Finals but in one year the Lakers have already surpassed them after being a dumpster fire up until last summer

Think he starts big (Dwight) and sees how Miami plays. I think the feel out games are over, finish line is within sight. Think AD and Bron come out hyper aggressive.
Bron has been gassed. He will pace himself with this young hyper Miami team.

lakers usually start the game running the offense around AD, bron has made it a point to do so a lot

i can see this being the case to test bam and force miami to play big...that is unless miami comes out hot hitting perimeter shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom