Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
7DD9B8C5-C4E4-4469-B5CF-A79F6DDAC1FB.jpeg

Callum Smith an idiot. I see BJS got his mind right and said he can’t miss out on a Canelo payday. Probably only gets one chance for something like that and told em let’s do it.

Spence should stay away from the Garcia fight as his first fight back. DSG can bang all 12 rounds and won’t go down. Not sure you wanna put yaself at harm that soon. Spence still wins but...

That makes no sense.
Nobody forced Kovalev to fight in two months, he's a grown *** man who made the decision to fight.
Thats obvious thanks for staying on the surface.

The point being made is fighting someone who literally just got out of a tough fight needs time to heal before they can begin a new camp.

Your naive to think Canelo didnt pick Kovalev after watching that fight and knowing that a payday would get Kovalev to jump.

Thats like expecting an NBA player to be as fresh and motivated on the 2nd night of a back to back on the road. Not the same level of preparation, its literally a money grab which is what it was.

Both of Wards victories over Kovalev >>>>>> Canelo's

Callum Smith an idiot. I see BJS got his mind right and said he can’t miss out on a Canelo payday. Probably only gets one chance for something like that and told em let’s do it.

Spence should stay away from the Garcia fight as his first fight back. DSG can bang all 12 rounds and won’t go down. Not sure you wanna put yaself at harm that soon. Spence still wins but...
He's in a tough spot, isnt he still the champ? Or did he get stripped bc of accident?

Either way it would be tough to get Spence a tune up fight due to the circumstances and his time away the division is just too loaded. I'd rather him fight Garcia who doesnt throw combos vs a Porter in the short term.

Either way I just hope he puts on a show. We need that Crawford Spence fight but only if Spence has truly bounced back.

Kind've surprised to see all the time Thurman has taken off

He's in a tough spot, isnt he still the champ? Or did he get stripped bc of accident?

Either way it would be tough to get Spence a tune up fight due to the circumstances and his time away the division is just too loaded. I'd rather him fight Garcia who doesnt throw combos vs a Porter in the short term.

Either way I just hope he puts on a show. We need that Crawford Spence fight but only if Spence has truly bounced back.

Kind've surprised to see all the time Thurman has taken off

Agree with this all. Yeah the DSG fight is probably the only "tune up" he can do. You really cant duck anyone as the champ with how loaded it is (I don't think they stripped him).

:lol: Thurman made good money from the Pac fight and is a family man. I wonder what's next for him because I know he's going to retire in the next year or two.

Adam Kownacki (265.2) v. Robert Helenius (238.8) – WBA Heavyweight Title Eliminator

Efe Ajagba (242.2) v. Razvan Cojanu (265.6)

Frank Sanchez (222.2) v. Joey Dawejko (247.2) – NABO Heavyweight Championsh

Agree with this all. Yeah the DSG fight is probably the only "tune up" he can do. You really cant duck anyone as the champ with how loaded it is (I don't think they stripped him).

:lol: Thurman made good money from the Pac fight and is a family man. I wonder what's next for him because I know he's going to retire in the next year or two.
Id be shocked and dissapointed if Thurman took that course of action. retiring on a loss.

Dude spent years talking about legacy and if he goes that route all those interviews go out the window. He aint Ward by any means at this point, but I think he can be a staple in the division.

The announcer booth only has so many spots and the outlets available for this also are shrinking.

Side note, how much longer is DAZN in business? I dont see how they turn it around or how they thought they were going to make money especially when the content is already a premium offering

DAZN has Eastern Euro oil money behind it, they’re not running out of money any time soon.

Almost none of these tech startups actually make money. The goal for them is to use boxing to legitimize the brand to the US audience so they can one day be a player for something like Sunday ticket, or league pass which they have the rights to in other countries.

DAZN wants to be a “Netflix of sports” it be wrong to look at it as simply a boxing streaming service. Boxing is simply a means to an end.

Back
Top Bottom