Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bob running his mouth like that cuz his time coming to an end soon anyways.

Bud opposition has been subpar but also dude is not marketable. He need to leave them ignorant folks at home too :lol:

When you finish like Bud does you don’t need to manufacture marketability

Exactly. You can’t name a boring Crawford fight.

Arum not being able to promote Bud ain’t about Bud, it’s about Arum.

Floyd was having the same problems with this dude and as soon as he left he became the most popular boxer of his era.

But whatever, sounds like good news. Bud signs with Haymon and we get the fight we’ve been waiting for all this time.

We've been had these discussion about Bud and TR.
About damn time he stopped yapping and made a move, cause taking out a dehydrated middleweight ain't it.

Big fan of bud but I can't rock with the moves he's made lately and the constant whining and crying.
If he does leave TR then all those welterweights that like to pop off on the PBC should be scared, but first he hast to actually take a scalp.

I need to see him dominate comp like Porter, Thurman, Garcia, Ugas, Ortiz, Spence.

Can we please get Khan vs Brook now.

I don't think Khan will ever take that fight.

The way Bud talks crazy to fighters in the ring, out the ring, before fights, after fights, I believe there are marketable elements there. I'm just not sure a lot of these orgs really know how to MARKET fighters.

I think I've seen one beer commercial with Canelo :lol:

This convo has come up before with the UFC as well. It's really on the fighters to market themselves.

Honestly if Spence looks good against Garcia then Bud vs Errol is the only match to make. I couldn’t care less how Bud looks against Ugas or Garcia or this washed version of Thurman. ****, if he beats Spence, is there really another guy at 147 right now that’d be a tougher matchup for him?

I feel like they’re gonna try to push the date out as much as possible in hopes they can get a packed arena post covid but I’m not trying to see this matchup fall apart like Joshua Wilder, Brook Khan, Gamboa JuanMa, etc.

Last edited:
When you finish like Bud does you don’t need to manufacture marketability

Manufactured or not nobody cares how he finishes cuz whos tuning into him :lol: . Even if Bud continued fighting cherry picks but was marketable and making a return on investment it would be all good...but he's not so its a waste of time.

Spence and a lot of other folks are right about selling the fight if they ever have to fight him. I mean look what Bob just said about him and I hate that guy but its a fact.

“The question is, ‘Does it pay the bills?’ Look, you can have the greatest opera singer in the world. If the fans don’t support it, you’re out of business.” . Bob is right. Nobody cares how he finishes a fight cuz nobody cares to really tune in like that :lol:

If bud does jump ship.. does the wbo strap go with him?

Im gonna make a bold prediction and say bud sits ringside at jerrys world.

Manufactured or not nobody cares how he finishes cuz whos tuning into him :lol: . Even if Bud continued fighting cherry picks but was marketable and making a return on investment it would be all good...but he's not so its a waste of time.

Spence and a lot of other folks are right about selling the fight if they ever have to fight him. I mean look what Bob just said about him and I hate that guy but its a fact.

“The question is, ‘Does it pay the bills?’ Look, you can have the greatest opera singer in the world. If the fans don’t support it, you’re out of business.” . Bob is right. Nobody cares how he finishes a fight cuz nobody cares to really tune in like that :lol:

The point is that "nobody cares" because Bob isn't doing his job. The fighter's job is to fight, the promoter's job is to promote, right? Errol Spence is not more exciting than Bud in or out of the ring but he sells tickets. It doesn't "pay the bills" for Arum because the guy clearly doesn't know how to get the most out of the talent he has.

I hope he does move away from TR, really want to see him against Spence like everyone else. Other good fights are also Porter, Thurman, M. Garcia, Russel Jr (just to see the antics :lol:)

The point is that "nobody cares" because Bob isn't doing his job. The fighter's job is to fight, the promoter's job is to promote, right? Errol Spence is not more exciting than Bud in or out of the ring but he sells tickets. It doesn't "pay the bills" for Arum because the guy clearly doesn't know how to get the most out of the talent he has.

Your missing the point. People check for Spence way more then Bud and he is more exciting and much more marketable even with his laid back personality in and out the ring. You'd have to be a fool to think otherwise. Why do you think Spence sells tickets? I mean you keep on missing the point and keep proving what im saying :lol: .

Look end of the day Bud is an amazing fighter but he isnt marketable and thats what Arum is speaking all facts on. Matta fact at this point Bud name,boxing and image should be selling itself but it wont and it never will. You can pour millions in a boxer or any entertainer promoting someone to hell who's the best but if they aint got "it"...they aint got "it". period :lol:. That goes for anyone in entertainment/sports.

Your missing the point. People check for Spence way more then Bud and he is more exciting and much more marketable even with his laid back personality in and out the ring. You'd have to be a fool to think otherwise. Why do you think Spence sells tickets? I mean you keep on missing the point and keep proving what im saying :lol: .

Look end of the day Bud is an amazing fighter but he isnt marketable and thats what Arum is speaking all facts on. Matta fact at this point Bud name,boxing and image should be selling itself but it wont and it never will. You can pour millions in a boxer or any entertainer promoting someone to hell who's the best but if they aint got "it"...they aint got "it". period :lol:. That goes for anyone in entertainment/sports.

Nonsense.

Spence ain’t more interesting in or out of the ring. He’s linked in with a promoter that knows how to market him.

And part of his marketing was just being around dudes like Broner, Gervonta and the Charlos who are way more active on the scene and on social media, that essentially got him more poppin with the casual “urban” crowd.

He also got high visibility because of his matchups. Alot of my friends that don’t watch boxing didn’t know **** about Spence the same way they didn’t know **** about Bud pretty much all the way until the Mikey fight. One of my boys still refers to him as “country dude with the fade”, whereas he knows by name and follows Broner, Gervonta, Wilder, etc. on social media. Acting like Spence is some type of superstar personality is laughable.

If you really think Spence’s popularity vs Bud’s is ONLY because Spence has “it” and Bud doesn’t, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Neither of them have "it". Spence is only more notable because pbc overpaid mikey garcia for a fight he had no chance to win and mikey brought out Mexican crowd. Same formula they just followed with leo vs tank. We cant act like errol or tank sold those seats and those ppv buys on his own. No one knew who errol spence was before that fight. That and errol is from texas where boxing is hot vs bud being from nebraska.

This ain't even a promotional and marketing issue though. Arum BEEN tried to pass the torch to bud years ago with Pacquiao and Pacquiao turned the fight down. Bud is being waited out the same way fighters did golovkin in his prime years even though golovkin had built a brand for himself. Its blatantly obvious at this point. People criticized golovkin for "fighting bums" then too even though he was blatantly ducked. No different with what we are seeing now. Marketable or not, you can only fight who agrees to fight.🤷🏽‍♂️

Neither of them have "it". Spence is only more notable because pbc overpaid mikey garcia for a fight he had no chance to win and mikey brought out Mexican crowd. Same formula they just followed with leo vs tank. We cant act like errol or tank sold those seats and those ppv buys on his own. No one knew who errol spence was before that fight. That and errol is from texas where boxing is hot vs bud being from nebraska.

This ain't even a promotional and marketing issue though. Arum BEEN tried to pass the torch to bud years ago with Pacquiao and Pacquiao turned the fight down. Bud is being waited out the same way fighters did golovkin in his prime years even though golovkin had built a brand for himself. Its blatantly obvious at this point. People criticized golovkin for "fighting bums" then too even though he was blatantly ducked. No different with what we are seeing now. Marketable or not, you can only fight who agrees to fight.🤷🏽‍♂️

I can agree with that outside of the Mikey thing. Getting Spence that high profile fight against a blown up lightweight is marketing to me. They coulda took more competitive relevant fights but they knew they needed to get him known, and selling out Cowboys stadium with Mikey was a smart move.

And yeah if Bob got Bud that PacMan fight back when they were talking about it then we probably wouldn’t be having this discussion at all, he’d already be on by now.

I think a deal is already in place for Crawford vs Spence behind the scenes, pending the result of Spence vs Danny Garcia. They just want the fans to argue and point fingers for drama and it seems to be working. :lol:

I wouldn’t describe either of them as charismatic but I think both of Spence’s and Bud’s lack of crossover appeal is due to opponents.

I think Bud should cross the street, but let’s not pretend like Al has done a great job of promoting Spence either. Spence should have already fought Danny years ago, and it’s ridiculous it took until 2019 for him to get one of PBC’s top WWs.

Back
Top Bottom