Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
would love to see manny or spence fight budd... the top rank stable kinda sucks and to be honest budd hasnt beat anyone that was a tough fight... if he went through the pbc stable unbeaten id be impressed like spence, manny, thurman and porter

I wouldn't wanna see that manny fight at his age right now lol. From the interview, I saw arum and bud both avoid the Spence fight. Arum "Spence will avoid the fight at all cost and I see him lasting only as long as brook."
I'm glad the interviewer said well that era everyone fought everyone. Arum had no response.
Crawford" want thepacquiao fight "
Lol

Would love to see even a step up in competition for bud in Thurman or porter if no Spence . I want manny to take an easy fight out for his last fight lol but that old man wants all the smoke

From The Athletic

When asked before Saturday’s fight if Top Rank can keep Crawford, knowing that Spence and several other talented welterweights are linked to rival Al Haymon’s PBC, Arum responded, “That’s not the right question.

“The question is, ‘Do we want to keep him?’ I could build a house in Beverly Hills on the money I’ve lost on him in the last three fights. A beautiful home. Nobody questions Crawford’s innate, tremendous ability. By beating a naturally bigger guy (in Brook), decisively, that’s a big statement that he’s making.

“The question is, ‘Does it pay the bills?’ Look, you can have the greatest opera singer in the world. If the fans don’t support it, you’re out of business.”

Should be no surprise by scumbag bob, wont be the first time he did one of his fighters dirty. Then again dont forget this is a business, no one wants an investment with constant negative returns.

This is what happens when you fight inferior opponents your entire career, no one cares to tune in.

Bob ain't lying though. Crawford is similar to andre ward during his pound for pound run where ward couldnt even sell out his hometown. Inferior opponents dont even matter. Ward fought kovalev twice when they were both pound for pound and roc nation lost money on ward on both fights.

If Crawford doesnt get lined up with Pacquiao or Spence, he will never be a good investment to a promoter. It just is what it is.

Don't think Arum cares too much about keeping Crawford at this point, he's got his top star in Fury now, and then he now has Teofimo after the W over Loma, will try to build Monster Inoue out here to have besides the Japanese Market, and try to build Shakur with Berlanga being a new potential Puerto Rican star

Back
Top Bottom