**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody has to go through the draft no matter what route you take...u spend your one year outta high school in the G league then you in the draft the next year, they got details in that article posted a few pages back

Ok well if that's the case, going to an elite college program will insulate them from doing serious damage to their draft stock.

Most guys in the G-League are making no more than $35k. That's struggle money.

Hungry 27 year olds in the G-League are gonna be targeting the 18 year olds making $125K and will make it really tough on them.

I think this alternative route will only really be appealing to players that can't meet basic NCAA academic or other eligibility requirements.

Interesting g league rules on 1 and done’s. Will be interesting if dad let’s Lamelo play next year when he’s 18.

Interesting g league rules on 1 and done’s. Will be interesting if dad let’s Lamelo play next year when he’s 18.

We'll see if LaMelo is good enough to be one of those elite prospects who are worthy of the $125k per season. Also, if the JBA is still around in 2 years, it would be a bad look if its best player, and only attendance draw, opts to play in the G-league as opposed to the JBA :lol::lol:

We'll see if LaMelo is good enough to be one of those elite prospects who are worthy of the $125k per season. Also, if the JBA is still around in 2 years, it would be a bad look if its best player, and only attendance draw, opts to play in the G-league as opposed to the JBA :lol::lol:

Sounds like a success story. He would have gained a larger paycheck which is the ultimate goal, right?

Waiting for showtime....
097D5F23-145C-4683-B348-E22D2C215508.gif

Sounds like a success story. He would have gained a larger paycheck which is the ultimate goal, right?
Doesn't JBA's season go on in the summer? If so it's possible the two leagues could co-exist but I highly doubt it. If LaMelo leaves they'll have nothing but scrubs next season.

I think you've misunderstood the point of the JBA.

It's to promote Melo and Gelo first and foremost.

The second goal of the JBA is to get players paid more money than they'd otherwise make.

One guy from the JBA got signed by a French league team and Lavar and co were really excited about it.

I think the G-League is paying more than the JBA right now... so it wouldn't be the bad look that you said it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom