**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only read some rumored things about Wes supposedly having a meeting with management but otherwise it just seems more like veterans having veteran entitlement

Wes, DJ, JJ, Finney Smith are all in contract years. Since Barnes has come to Dallas he's has been their focal point. A lot of these guys are going to be hoisting/stat padding. Dennis is also probably trying to prove he's leveled up

For the most part honestly I'm fine with how everything's played out so far. I think in this age a lot of fans unrealistically expect every supposed star rookie to instantly get number one option duties. No need to rush these things, he'll have his chance

He's playing a lot of off ball at the moment with Wes having most of the usage. That will change soon, if not by the trade deadline by next season. I'm OK with Luka getting eased in to a primary role
Luka has looked incredible to me. Way beyond expectations. I can't believe how skilled he is already, he does everything well. The rest of the team can go off wherever.

*still not a Dennis Smith fan*

I've only read some rumored things about Wes supposedly having a meeting with management but otherwise it just seems more like veterans having veteran entitlement

Wes, DJ, JJ, Finney Smith are all in contract years. Since Barnes has come to Dallas he's has been their focal point. A lot of these guys are going to be hoisting/stat padding. Dennis is also probably trying to prove he's leveled up

For the most part honestly I'm fine with how everything's played out so far. I think in this age a lot of fans unrealistically expect every supposed star rookie to instantly get number one option duties. No need to rush these things, he'll have his chance

He's playing a lot of off ball at the moment with Wes having most of the usage. That will change soon, if not by the trade deadline by next season. I'm OK with Luka getting eased in to a primary role
If I’m Dallas I’m shipping Wes *** outta there ASAP...Luka>Wes

whats this story about the Cavs?
JR Smith was told at least twice this season by Cavs GM Koby Altman that he was out of the rotation and would have minimal opportunity to play. And both times, the same week, whoever was coaching this team put Smith back in there.
The first player Altman ever signed to a contract as GM was Kyle Korver. It was a three-year, $22 million deal inked in July of 2017, but it came with an understanding: If LeBron were to leave, the Cavs would either trade Korver or buy him out of the deal so he could move his family to his next team during the summer. So when LeBron left July 1 for the Lakers, Korver asked for the Cavs to move him. They refused because, they told him, they wanted him to play and for the team to try and win.
In on the record commentary, time and again, veterans like Tristan Thompson have made clear there is a divide between the Cavs’ holdover vets from the LeBron glory years — like him, Smith, Frye, and Korver (Tristan didn’t mention Love, who’s gone from the team after foot surgery) — and the team’s mostly unnamed younger players.
It’s becoming increasingly clear that when you hear a Cavs veteran talk about younger players not knowing their role, or knowing how to win, or what to do on the court, they mean Sexton. Throughout the organization, the line on Sexton is that he does not “know how to play.” He doesn’t know how to defend the pick and roll. He doesn’t know how to set up teammates as a point guard. He’s playing 25 minutes a night, averaging 11.1 points and 2.2 assists (2.1 turnovers) and is shooting 22 percent from 3-point range.
At one point during Saturday’s game, veteran starting point guard George Hill told Sexton he’d teach him how to play defense. Only, there is little confidence in the locker room that Sexton will listen to him. Remember when I wrote during the preseason that the Cavs’ players loved Sexton? Well, that was true then. And they don’t think he’s like a bad guy now. They know he’s 19 and he only played one year of college ball. They still think he’s a nice kid. But they see his deficiencies, they know he’s going to be on the court, and they’re discouraged when after these losses, he doesn’t seem bothered by them.
https://theathletic.com/632249/2018...em-from-the-top-to-the-rookie-final-thoughts/

Three way tie for top dysfunctional team in the league between the Cavs, Wizards and T'Wolves. I'm unsure who finishes first by season's end. Too close to call.

Too bad NASA doesn't make a penny from all these clothing companies using their design and logos.
Otherwise, we'd be on Mars by now.
I purchased those Alpha Industries NASA bomber jackets 2-3 years ago and now all of a sudden all these clothing companies are popping up with NASA designs.

NASA been lying about the moon landing for 50 years though. It’s 2018, why we ain’t sent humans to the moon again...?

Wes Matthews used to be a guy you hated but wouldn’t mind on your team. That feels like ages ago.

Three way tie for top dysfunctional team in the league between the Cavs, Wizards and T'Wolves. I'm unsure who finishes first by season's end. Too close to call.

Agreed, but it feels like less of a story with the Cavs since everyone expected them to be terrible anyway.

If I was the Cavs, I’d just cut Korver and JR and any other vet who has a problem with the young players getting the minutes. Jusr take the financial L for the long-term good of the team.

Bruh - @shotsrangout , @freeze and lawdog1 lawdog1 really brought the lulz last night.

@wavycrocket is from West Baltimore so I know he carries da heat (pause) but I lowkey have him getting washed by @shotsrangout in hand to hand combat because no one wants that smoke with a crazy dude.

I also find it comical this dude who is 16 has a username “shotsrangout”. Dude has watched too many episodes of The Wire/The Chi. Only shots he ever rang out were to Lisa Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom