**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When this blows up in their faces >>>>>>>>

The commentators were so mad at Denver jacking up 3's late in the game as if they weren't blatantly tanking it :lol:

Denver purposely wanting to be anywhere near Houston's bracket is idiotic

Trying to avoid Houston and GSW in the first 2 rounds>>>>>>>>>> having an extra home game in a 7 game series against Houston when it probably would never reach that point

yeah, it's clearly the right move from a strategic standpoint. i wonder what the players think though. coach/management are basically conceding defeat

Doc purposely tanking to get Warriors in the first round :pimp:

Rockets fans shook about a possible series vs GSW in the 2nd round?

In honor of the We Believe Team and Roaracle’s season finale, here are a couple pics I took of the lovely Jessica Marie Alba :lol: Those Playoff games during the We Believe runs :nthat::nthat::nthat:
Ran down there to get those pics of her haha
4C249EC1-9B67-48C5-BAFA-6368CDBF300C.jpeg EEFBF0C4-C302-43DD-9D8E-0EACC2079010.jpeg

Doc purposely tanking to get Warriors in the first round :pimp:

Rockets fans shook about a possible series vs GSW in the 2nd round?
i think a lot of us are actually OK with playing them earlier. gotta go through them either way, at least there will be less wear and tear on our guys.

only difference between potentially losing in the 2R or WCF is people saying "x and x can't make it out of so and so round" :lol:

tbh getting a higher seed really only helps harden's MVP bid, which he won't get anyways. so all of this is most likely moot

The commentators were so mad at Denver jacking up 3's late in the game as if they weren't blatantly tanking it :lol:

yeah, it's clearly the right move from a strategic standpoint. i wonder what the players think though. coach/management are basically conceding defeat
Denver coaches aren't outright saying they can't beat Houston, they're playing the percentages. I don't think the players themselves prefer playing Houston and GSW sooner than they have to

If they can avoid both Houston and GSW for the first two rounds I'm sure the players would say yes, off the record

Warriors would go with Chinese letters before writing Oakland on a jersey. Now they put up a banner that says Oakland, California to place in San Francisco lol.

Lakers last 10 games: 6-4
Denver: 5-5
OKC: 5-5
SAS: 5-5
Philly: 5-5
Boston: 5-5

When this blows up in their faces >>>>>>>>

It's honestly lame af if Utah and Denver are really tanking for seeding like that. From my memory it typically does backfire. Just play the hand you're dealt

Last edited:
WHAT UP DOEEEEEEEE???

Someone fill me in on this West thing.

Why did Denver try to basically lose? I thought Houston can still get the 2 seed?

WHAT UP DOEEEEEEEE???

Someone fill me in on this West thing.

Why did Denver try to basically lose? I thought Houston can still get the 2 seed?
Denver only wants to play 1 of GSW & Houston in the playoffs, so they want Houston to drop to #4 since 1/4 plays in round 2.

Houston keeps winning so Denver laid down to help Portland keep pace with Houston. Portland owns the tie breaker

Yea Houston can get the 2 seed if they beat OKC and Denver drops a game. They still have the Jazz.

Denver did it for the chance that Portland wins out and Houston drops to OKC. So portland becomes the 3 seed.

Denver does not mind risking the chance of potentially losing HCA in the 2nd round for a higher chance that they dont have to play Houston.

Basically Denver ducking Houston and trying to setup a matchup with portland if they both make it to the semis.

They can but Denver beating Portland twice would've closed the door altogether on Portland getting the 3 seed and playing a bad matchup for the Nuggets if they make it to round two. Its a long shot but now the Trailblazer can get the 3rd seed with an OKC win over the Rockets and if Portland wins out vs LAL/SAC.

Basically if they pull this off and win out they'll avoid the bracket with Houston/GS and wont see them until the WCF.

Last edited:
Gotcha! Thanks for that
Now I see.

I want a OKC vs Houston matchup first rd
Does them playing tomorrow basically make that not able to happen since one gotta lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom