Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe it's because he isn't killing himself to make 126 anymore, but Jojo looked noticeably bigger in there tonight.

I just want to make sure you can handle a light heavyweight big man.

Want to make sure you are a credible opponent big man.

Want to make sure the money is right to make it worth it big man.

I dont want to be match with a straw weight punching bag.

Dudes like you are a dime a dozen. Pop off not knowing what's coming until it comes and then is to late.

But you're right let me keep typing.

Light hw is a go

Im really surprised on how in sync the judges were tonight and they were pretty spot on. Fairest canelo cards as of yet.

Canelo #1 p4p? Definitely up for discussion. This boy got it all... defense, offensive, speed, power, footwork, and chin. Those bombs jacobs landed in the 9th wouldve put any other person out.

One of the more entertaining fights thus far this year
Man hard to give him #1 when we got 3 guys (was mentioned earlier by someone camt remember) errol crawford lomachenko who have a better say than canelo he def top 5 tho

:lol:

Sergio is trash at calling fights tho

They did suck calling the fight. If I would of have been blind, I would of have though Canelo not only won in a landslide but was dominating.

Neither happened.

Plus very cocky or him trying to call Daniel C out when he lost to trash Vera twice. He's still probably salty from getting beat by DJ as well.

I will say this, DJ is not the same boxer I became a fan off.

i remember when floyd beat canelo convincingly he was saying he was the future of boxing... i didnt understand the comment at the time because floyd just gave him a boxing lesson and i thought he was just giving him praise to not hurt his feelings... but floyd was right canelo is really legit...
He said it cause Canelo was 23 at the time

You go boy mentioned floyd joy far too many times yesterday

Them brooklyn cats is awfully quiet. Deadas b

Cats is bugging in here!!
There’s still plenty of scalps in the MW division.

BooBoo Andrade
BJS
Charlos
Murata
Derevyanchenko
Mungia

Hell throw Lemieux in there for kicks.

How many will golden boy make a fight with ?

What the hell was Danny’s game plan coming into the fight ?

I gave him a few rounds. But zero idea how anyone would have him winning the fight or even a draw

Commey turned down 1M to fight Teofimo in July.

I think Berchelt is going to walk through Vargas this weekend, and I don't think it's going to be pretty. We really didn't need this rematch.

Canelo won’t get a real fight for years. They made him the face of the channel. They won’t risk anything and it’s sad.

I mean was Jacobs not a real fight tho? And the GGG rematch will be a real fight as well. And if Andrade keeps his belt and they link up for a unification I’d consider that real too, and I think it has a good chance of happening.

It’s a long deal so I’d imagine there’ll be more Rocky Fielding’s sprinkled in, but I don’t see him fighting nothing but cab drivers.

I wouldn’t fault them for not fighting Callum Smith, dude is a big 168 and Canelo is strong but he’s still physically small for 168.

Yeah I think Canelo beats everyone at 160 or at least can keep the fight close. Callum Smith will wreck Canelo to avenge his brother's loss.

I mean was Jacobs not a real fight tho? And the GGG rematch will be a real fight as well. And if Andrade keeps his belt and they link up for a unification I’d consider that real too, and I think it has a good chance of happening.

It’s a long deal so I’d imagine there’ll be more Rocky Fielding’s sprinkled in, but I don’t see him fighting nothing but cab drivers.

I wouldn’t fault them for not fighting Callum Smith, dude is a big 168 and Canelo is strong but he’s still physically small for 168.
It’ll all be hand picked during peak times if anything at all. Boxing has already shown us they don’t care about the quality of the fight. Canelo is paid and I’m sure he could care less. His style isn’t built for the long haul either. Dude is eating shots every fight

It’ll all be hand picked during peak times if anything at all. Boxing has already shown us they don’t care about the quality of the fight. Canelo is paid and I’m sure he could care less. His style isn’t built for the long haul either. Dude is eating shots every fight

Yeah I don’t see him holding up great through all these fights either but I don’t think dude is running from anyone. His team will of course do what they do but Canelo has shown he’s down to fight whoever on a lot of occasions, I mean ****, they coulda held off this Jacobs fight because on paper he’s not a great style match for Canelo.

From what I’m seeing so far I think they’re actually gonna throw some pretty solid fights in there but I guess we’ll see

Back
Top Bottom