Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
canelo is legit man... he really did improve from the floyd and GGG fights... it makes me wonder if he did fignt spence would he lose even though spence would have to step up in weight... man im curious to see how canelo career goes from here though
Bud is the real deal ... that's a fight I would love to see.

But Canelo has to much catch clause

^ yep i totally agree.. bud and spence would be a great fight... you can throw thurman in there too... those 3 if they fought each other would be classic... but out of those guys i can see spence stepping up in weight to give canelo a challenge.. im not saying he would win but would be a close fight

Canelo P4P#1? He has the best resume among Loma, Crawford, Spence, but unfortunately he's the poster boy for corruption with him being affiliated with Oscar/GoldenBoy which is why he's hated.

i remember when floyd beat canelo convincingly he was saying he was the future of boxing... i didnt understand the comment at the time because floyd just gave him a boxing lesson and i thought he was just giving him praise to not hurt his feelings... but floyd was right canelo is really legit...

Canelo P4P#1? He has the best resume among Loma, Crawford, Spence, but unfortunately he's the poster boy for corruption with him being affiliated with Oscar/GoldenBoy which is why he's hated.
I’m good with Canelo Top 5 but I wouldn’t put him #1. Loma and Bud toy with everybody, and Spence destroys anyone in his path. Canelo is way better than when he fought Floyd but I’m still not convinced he beat GGG.

btw Beterbiev won via 5th rd stoppage, **** bob arum for making the fight overlap with this one

LoL

What weight what accomplishment how much???

You might need to stay on your lane ...
I said what i said. You came at me for words and now you worried about pedigree.stick to the keyboard tough guy

Did i ask your past na. Dont care.

canelo is legit man... he really did improve from the floyd and GGG fights... it makes me wonder if he did fignt spence would he lose even though spence would have to step up in weight... man im curious to see how canelo career goes from here though
Gteat points but no welterweight is gonna deliver punching power that will earn his respect especially in early rounds. Spence has too many great fights on the horizon no welterweight needs canelo knstead he is gonna need one of them once jacobs and ggg sagas end

I love thurman but somehow he is been passed over by spenve and bud.

Canelo will and can only fight ggg in september otherwise who gonna watch? That mw division has been lacking for a while. Its literally one of the few reasons ward was able to get everyones attention but we all know he made his name in the next weight class beating crusher.

Canelo is a great fighter just wish they would give him a chance to really showcase it against somebody that he isnt favored against which may never happen. Similar to the klitschkos era after lennox there was no one to fight

I said what i said. You came at me for words and now you worried about pedigree.stick to the keyboard tough guy

Gteat points but no welterweight is gonna deliver punching power that will earn his respect especially in early rounds. Spence has too many great fights on the horizon no welterweight needs canelo knstead he is gonna need one of them once jacobs and ggg sagas end

Canelo will and can only fight ggg in september otherwise who gonna watch? That mw division has been lacking for a while. Its literally one of the few reasons ward was able to get everyones attention but we all know he made his name in the next weight class beating crusher.

Canelo is a great fighter just wish they would give him a chance to really showcase it against somebody that he isnt favored against which may never happen. Similar to the klitschkos era after lennox there was no one to fight
I just want to make sure you can handle a light heavyweight big man.

Want to make sure you are a credible opponent big man.

Want to make sure the money is right to make it worth it big man.

I dont want to be match with a straw weight punching bag.

Dudes like you are a dime a dozen. Pop off not knowing what's coming until it comes and then is to late.

But you're right let me keep typing.

GGG vs Jacobs was a lot more exciting, intense...yea this fight had its moments but Canelo shifted to cruise mode and Jacobs was hesitate.
Other than GGG, who’s a good match for Canelo?

Yeah I was going to say BJS, he was impressive in his fight vs Lemieux. Other than that there is Charlo, but the list at MW is short.

it remains to be seen... when floyd beat canelo he was a small welterweight... granted floyd is the real deal goat for this generation... but just saying it can happen and spence can step up in weight to fight canelo... not saying its a guaranteed win but it is an intersting fight....

Im really surprised on how in sync the judges were tonight and they were pretty spot on. Fairest canelo cards as of yet.

Canelo #1 p4p? Definitely up for discussion. This boy got it all... defense, offensive, speed, power, footwork, and chin. Those bombs jacobs landed in the 9th wouldve put any other person out.

One of the more entertaining fights thus far this year

Not impress with canelo. Dude is a good fighter, and has improve, but we expected. He is in his prime. I wish the MW had more boxers he could legit put up a great fight, but there are not.

Last edited:
Cats is bugging in here!!
There’s still plenty of scalps in the MW division.

BooBoo Andrade
BJS
Charlos
Murata
Derevyanchenko
Mungia

Hell throw Lemieux in there for kicks.

Back
Top Bottom