Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tank probably won't be able to stay at 135 for long, any chance he can do well at 147 which is the weight class for him to make the kind of money he wants? You would think 147 might be too much for him because of his short height and reach but Manny has done it at 147, Manny has been the only 1 to do it at 147 being that short tho so will see if Tank can do it

He made weight afte all 134.8

A pound and a half in less than an hour? Nah I dont buy that bs for one second lol. Throw some money under the table at the people running the scales and they can tell us anything to protect the image and the pockets of any fighter they want

Unreal he just moved up and is struggling to make weight. Too much egg nog :lol:

Will be interesting to see if he continues to move up and how long his power translates.

You think he can do 147 like Manny?

I don't know. Manny is very experienced at this point. Has always had the gas to go 12 rds. And hasn't had a KO since Mattysse. Before that it was Cotto. Matthysse was his one KO in like 15 fights.

Tank is a great boxer but that power is a major factor. If he can't keep guys off him at a higher weight it could be a problem. And how will he hold up for 12rds of that?

Where Manny I feel is mobile and crafty enough to do that without the same Pop.

Davis appears to be shorter than Pacquiao. But I heard Teofimo Lopez say that he thinks Tank will be small even for a 135 lber.

Davis-Mayweather.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

22ebc99a-e4f9-11e9-8a10-b9721f28293e_image_hires_201030.JPG

The top five light welterweights are all 5'8"-5'10". Tank might be able to beat Baranchyk, Postol, and Relikh. I don't think he would fare well against Prograis, Taylor, and Ramirez.

So it seems like the plan is for Tank to make 2020 ppv debut vs LSC if he wins tonight as planned. Tank and Loma might be 2 fighters making ppv debuts in 2020

Back
Top Bottom