Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking Dario, Covington, Zhaire, Bayless expiring, 2019 1st and 2021 Miami 1st

LOL they must have made John Gonzalez take that video of Embiid down :lol:

Saw that Tatum and Semi were on Bamba's squad.

HouseOfHighlights still got it though.

Even if I received $1B 50 years from now, it would still be worth 300M in todays dollars using an inflation rate of 2.5%. Please tell me thats not still a **** load of money.

I’m thinking Dario, Covington, Zhaire, Bayless expiring, 2019 1st and 2021 Miami 1st

That trade package is getting dial tones

I didn't read everything about Lebron 50 mill and whatnot. But did we take into account how much merchandise he will sell in his new city? Or who he can recruit to his new team that is signed to Klutch.

Last edited:
So Celtics won't include Jaylen
Sixers won't include Fultz

Interesting
None of these tweets mean that they won't do it. Philly and Boston know that Spurs would rather not send Kawhi to a team in the West (LA specifically). They are obviously going to try to "lowball" by not having Fultz and Brown in their offers and see what happens. Also, allows for those players to not have in the back of their heads that their front offices are actively shopping them.

Where is the 50 mill up front even coming from? Is it 50 mill spread across the 5 year deal he may or may not walk away from? Taking 50 mill over 5 years (or even in 1 lump sum) opposed to a bill over your lifetime is crazy. Y’all wildin. Bombs need to drop so this thread can get back on track.

Where is the 50 mill up front even coming from? Is it 50 mill spread across the 5 year deal he may or may not walk away from? Taking 50 mill over 5 years (or even in 1 lump sum) opposed to a bill over your lifetime is crazy. Y’all wildin. Bombs need to drop so this thread can get back on track.
he'll lose about 6 mil per year not getting a super max , but getting traded and signing with the team he gets traded with.
Per year and over 5 years.
43.7 mil with the Spurs
37.6 with the team he gets traded to.

Teams gonna pull the trigger on w.e the Spurs asking price is once Kawhi commits to any other team outside of LA.

A big chunk of that 50M is in the 5th year that only the Spurs can offer

Dudes only 26, he’s prob opting out after year 4 anyways :lol:

LOL they must have made John Gonzalez take that video of Embiid down :lol:

Saw that Tatum and Semi were on Bamba's squad.

HouseOfHighlights still got it though.

Embiid doubled and walked :lol:

Bamba already a consummate professional. :nthat:

A big chunk of that 50M is in the 5th year that only the Spurs can offer

Dudes only 26, he’s prob opting out after year 4 anyways :lol:
if he signs with team he gets traded to he can get 5 years.

Screenshot_20180628-135139.png

Fultz and brown being protected and reported to not be in talks while Ingram is being dangled

If lakers don’t get anyone and Ingram stays and is supposed to be their best player.... bad look all around

I see where you're coming from but if Leonard said he'd reup with Philly or Boston then Fultz or Brown would've already been moved.

Not in the context you've described.

I'm taking 25 Ms a year for the rest of my life over 50 Ms today but that's just me. Plus I could put that in crypto and don't have to worry about inflation

Wait, are you suggesting your life expectancy is only 25 more years? Or you're saying spread $25 million throughout your life?

Take the lump sum now and put it to work while the value is still high. Over time value depreciates. C'mon man. Think logically here.

Crypto? Really man? :lol:

Some of y'all got some hot takes with sports, but even hotter takes concerning real life topics too

Not in the context you've described.

Wait, are you suggesting your life expectancy is only 25 more years? Or you're saying spread $25 million throughout your life?

Take the lump sum now and put it to work while the value is still high. Over time value depreciates. C'mon man. Think logically here.

Crypto? Really man? :lol:

Some of y'all got some hot takes with sports, but even hotter takes concerning real life topics too

I dont think anyone here is disagreeing on the concept of time value of money. Inflation and projected interest rates definitely play a role in what money is worth, but what he is saying is, a billion dollars is a **** load of money over a lifetime. Doesnt matter how you discount that ****.

You can't say a billion dollars isnt very much, then proceed to say that 25M over the next two years is a ton of money. A billion dollars over 40 years is 25M a year. 25M a year for the next two years (which bron will get) is factually more that 50M over the next 5 years which is what Kawhi would get

Your logic is flawed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom