Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is how San Antonio felt they would've already shipped him to Boston or Philly.

They're not getting anything better than Ingram & they know it.
Then why isn't it done?

Brandon Ingram can score and do very little else. He's an OK prospect.

I'd be perfectly fine letting Kawhi sit and sulk and see just how willing he is to walk away straight out for $50m less or if I can leverage a S&T at that point for the same deal or more.

i would have a hard time choosing between BI and Brown. I never liked Brown. He's much better than I thought he would be. I didnt see this at Cal.

I just think BI has upside that would drive me nuts if he ever pans out.
BI probably would pan out in a Greg Popvich system.

Gonna be hilarious to see everyone change their tune on BI once he's not on the Lakers. Kid is gonna be really good.

This. Dude said trade him last year and his value is falling. Ingram just finished his 2nd year and much better. In most games where it was close, they put the ball in his hands. Put him at the point when Zo went out and he played really well. I still remember him giving GS buckets and going back and forth with kd. Played good defense on him too but KD did what he does. His value falling though. NT the goat.

9B134610-A64D-4A5B-93DE-1156F52BD3FF.jpeg

931E3DE1-3847-46AE-A8F2-0C31C24B769C.jpeg

A6206C1C-B109-4B7F-9BF7-01786B56A8AE.jpeg

No state income tax in Texas plus the cost of living is significantly cheaper than LA. 100M in Texas is 50M in LA. Thats way too much money to just walk away from. Kawhi just hates the Spurs so he doesnt care.

I bet you he doesn't hate them enough to walk away from that kind of money. He'd be a fool to do so. If he does, he'd regret it.

Players who react this way usually end up selling their memorabilia down the road.

Ingram reminds me of a slightly smaller Lamar Odom (he should have been more), but I believe Ingram will have more offensive tools and be a much better scorer.

still waiting on the explosive Suns move that was to happen today.

Any trades that happen right now isnt official until 7/1, correct (i.e. RIvers for Gortat deal)?

BI definitely has value. My argument is that the Spurs value other assets a bit more. Imagine Kawhi never said his preference is only LA? There are plenty of young pieces out there much more valuable than BI.

What other assets? The ones that aren't available to them like Tatum & Simmons? They obviously would want more than just BI. Just like they'd want more than just Brown or Fultz when they're not really in a position to fleece anybody.

Still makes no sense that you're saying he had more value last year than he does now given the circumstances. If BI + stuff last year gets you PG and this year BI + stuff gets you Kawhi, how does your value go down?

Then why isn't it done?

Brandon Ingram can score and do very little else. He's an OK prospect.

I'd be perfectly fine letting Kawhi sit and sulk and see just how willing he is to walk away straight out for $50m less or if I can leverage a S&T at that point for the same deal or more.

It's not done cuz the Spurs want Hart/Kuz/more picks. Pretty much they want the Lakers for all they can get.

I would bet you didn't watch a full Ingram game post New Years. Not trynna call you out but a national NBA fan has no reason to watch ****** Laker games. When Luke put the ball in BI's hands and played him at point, BI blossomed into a completely different player. Go check the 2018 splits. saying BI is an ok prospect and can only score is simply not true.

There are reports that the Spurs are ready to move on & that Leonard isn't stepping foot into the building again. There is no way Pop is gunna let this circus drag on all year and field questions at every press conference.

Kawhi situation reminds me a little of the Melo situation. Except Melo had a damn NTC. This relationship can still be fixed. Tell SA that you'd welcome a trade to any 3-4 of these teams that way you can get your money and Spurs can get their assets.

What other assets? The ones that aren't available to them like Tatum & Simmons? They obviously would want more than just BI. Just like they'd want more than just Brown or Fultz notr they're not really in a position to fleece anybody.

If Kawhi had an agreement to resign in Philly or Boston, the deal would've been done already. Only thing holding those teams back from giving up more valuable assets is his commitment long term.

Said this a dozen times in the regular season, “Ingram is gonna be great. Hope he remains a laker.”

people got love for josh hart like that? To me he's the ultimate throw in player. I always chuckle when i see his name involved as if its to entice the other team.
He'll be a great role player next to whatever max players come.

Plays defense, shoots and can finish at the rim. I didn't like the pick initially but he can play.

people got love for josh hart like that? To me he's the ultimate throw in player. I always chuckle when i see his name involved as if its to entice the other team.

Josh Hart is a high level role player on a 3 year 6 million dollar deal. He can rebound, finish, defend and shoot the 3 at a high percentage. He's ready to play 20-30 minutes off the bench for a championship contender.

Honestly, I'd argue he's one of the best assets you could have in a salary cap league.

Josh Hart is a high level role player on a 3 year 6 million dollar deal. He can rebound, finish, defend and shoot the 3 at a high percentage. He's ready to play 20-30 minutes off the bench for a championship contender.

Honestly, I'd argue he's one of the best assets you could have in a salary cap league.

These kinds of guys make a difference in the playoffs.

I'd argue Brown and Ingram have similar value. Like if you put Ingram on Boston and put Jaylon in LA we'd be looking at their values differently.

But the Celtics won't give up Brown so please let me know the best under 21 prospect the Spurs can pull.

You’re looking for a discussion, I’m not here to discuss, Brown > Ingram.
Solidify through skills and effort, not by hypotheticals.

You’re looking for a discussion, I’m not here to discuss, Brown > Ingram.
Solidify through skills and effort, not by hypotheticals.

Ain't no discussion needed I just need a question answered.

Whats the best under 21 prospect in the NBA that the Spurs can pull for Leonard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom