Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if one side has cap space to absorb the extra money...

I'm still not convinced the Spurs are going to trade Kawhi for anything less than what they feel is fair value... That's not Ingram and filler.

What if the Spurs don't get a better offer than Ingram and a 1st rounder?

We gotta stop acting like Ingram is a trash prospect.

Who want some mojos

7BUU.gif

Is a quad injury really a concern?

PG13 damn near had his foot amputated and he came back better than ever.

That quad isnt a concern in my opinion.

Broken bone is a relatively "easy" injury to come back from.

Leonard's situation is way worse imo

If I'm them? I'm content to wait it out if the best offer I get is Brandon Ingram and a not lottery pick.

The longer they wait, the more he's going to have to decide if he's willing to walk away from a hell of a lot of super max money either with the Spurs or through Sign and Trade next year.

It's not like there's no leverage from their side.
Look at what stars get traded for. Most of the time it's one blue chip prospect, another late 1st type and salary filler.

Said this last year, but Lakers took too long to trade Brandon Ingram. Kid has less value than Kuzma and Josh ******* Hart smh

What if the Spurs don't get a better offer than Ingram and a 1st rounder?

We gotta stop acting like Ingram is a trash prospect.
Then wait?

What's the difference for Kawhi in a straight out free agency max with the Lakers vs. a super max deal? It's a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money. Especially with all the taxes and **** factored.

The Spurs leverage isn't nonexistent.

Turner and sabonis can’t reall play together though. Thad is supposedly out. Huge hole at the 4

They'll learn to play with each other given the playing time increase. Not too sure how they are defensively, haven't watched them outside the playoffs, but offensively and rebounding wise its the perfect 4/5 combination imo.

They got bigger holes at PG and the wing spot. Getting Gordon to play the 3 is not a good look.

Then wait?

What's the difference for Kawhi in a straight out free agency max with the Lakers vs. a super max deal? It's a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money. Especially with all the taxes and **** factored.

Leonard already said he doesn't care about the money though.

If that's what it is then just let him walk.

They'll learn to play with each other given the playing time increase. Not too sure how they are defensive, haven't watched them outside the playoffs, but offensively and rebounding wise its the perfect 4/5 combination imo.

Neither of them is guarding stretch 4s doe. Sabonis is a 5, part of the reason why he was great last season

Just say that you don’t watch the warriors as much.

Btw Curry dropped 26,8,4 in game 1 of the 15 finals. Kyrie played until he got hurt at the end.
Curry was very pedestrian in 2016 injuries are part of the game and that series in 2015 didn’t turn around until Kerr inserted Iguadala into the starting lineup. His defense on Lebron was the difference in the series.

I believe Curry cracked 30 twice that series (not sure) but he also had some pedestrian games of like 19 and 22 which is very pedestrian for player of his standards on that stage.

I’ve only seen two “small” players be able to dominate on a large stage and that was Iverson and Zeke. The rest of those 6’5 and under guys can be trapped and contained by larger players especially of similar skill sets.

Leonard already said he doesn't care about the money though.

If that's what it is then just let him walk.
I'd call that bluff.

It's like 50 million dollars. There's not a man on earth that doesn't care about 50 million dollars.

Then wait?

He's already said he's not stepping foot in their facility. And has a legit reason (quad injury) to sit out.

Spurs are already saying they're ready to move on. I don't think they take that risk. The only real leverage they have is that Bron won't sign until he knows Kawhi is coming.

Curry is nice but like I said on nights when that jumper isn’t wet he turns into a very average player.

As a student of the game I like Klay’s game much more he is no nowhere near as one dimensional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom