Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused. Were the rules set to be an advantage for the dodgers or was it the same for all teams?
Also, there were only 71 games played in the NBA, unlike the normal 82 (potentially changes the standings drastically). Funny you can celebrate the lakers but **** on the dodgers because your team couldn't win :lol:

I’ve seen a bunch of Angel fans who also happen to be Laker fans with the inconsistent selective logic.

For all the shortened season stuff though. Every team I can think of who won a championship during a shortened season ended up winning another within a few years or won one a few years prior.

The Spurs won in the lockout year and proceeded to win 3 more over the next 8 years. The Heat won in a lockout year and went back to back.

The Chicago Blackhawks in hockey won the cup in a short season and won again 2 years later. Tampa Bay lightning won in the bubble last year and went back to back.

Football wise the Washington football team won in the strike season but won another a few years later.

If you had a team like the Pirates win the World Series last year, that’s one thing. But all these teams who’ve won in shortened seasons managed to win another one for the most part.

If you guys had Bauer, I wonder if you still have Trea and Max. I'm guessing no. Would have been interesting to see what you did at the deadline instead.
That’s a good point, Dustin May and Kershaw’s injuries meant they were going to get somebody but true that they may have not been as desperate to get Scherzer. I really like Josiah Gray but Scherzer is Scherzer, so I understood the move and the boys wouldn’t have been here without him.

I’ve seen a bunch of Angel fans who also happen to be Laker fans with the inconsistent selective logic.

For all the shortened season stuff though. Every team I can think of who won a championship during a shortened season ended up winning another within a few years or won one a few years prior.

The Spurs won in the lockout year and proceeded to win 3 more over the next 8 years. The Heat won in a lockout year and went back to back.

The Chicago Blackhawks in hockey won the cup in a short season and won again 2 years later. Tampa Bay lightning won in the bubble last year and went back to back.

Football wise the Washington football team won in the strike season but won another a few years later.

If you had a team like the Pirates win the World Series last year, that’s one thing. But all these teams who’ve won in shortened seasons managed to win another one for the most part.

the Bucs had a relatively much more normal schedule/season while the Lightning had 3 separate bubbles across two countries, and they don't get nearly as much "bUbBLe RiNg LoL" talk as the Lakers or Dodgers. wonder why....?

I don’t know if they’re capable of it the way the bats have been. But a big inning right here could potentially change the momentum of the entire series.

Nothing the bats have shown this entire postseason has given me any confidence they can string that together though.

That’s a good point, Dustin May and Kershaw’s injuries meant they were going to get somebody but true that they may have not been as desperate to get Scherzer. I really like Josiah Gray but Scherzer is Scherzer, so I understood the move and the boys wouldn’t have been here without him.

If Bauer is still around and this was before Kersh got hurt, wonder if we keep Gray and trade Ruiz only to fill in whatever holes we had (back end starter, OF bat?)

Our only hope is if any team is going to blow a 3-0 lead it's an Atlanta sports team :lol:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more blown 3-0 leads in baseball aside from the 04 Yankees.

The way it’s set up with the frequency teams play with minimal days off, I would think it would happen more often. You can be down 3-0 on Tuesday and up 4-3 on Sunday if you get hot and catch fire.

With basketball in the nba finals it’s usually 2 days off between games for the most part I’m the finals. So if you’re down 3-0, you’re playing every 3 days where it’s tough to get momentum and the other team gets more time to regroup.

As good as Mookie was with the bat last series, he’s been disappointing this series.

the Bucs had a relatively much more normal schedule/season while the Lightning had 3 separate bubbles across two countries, and they don't get nearly as much "bUbBLe RiNg LoL" talk as the Lakers or Dodgers. wonder why....?
Because most people dont pay attention to hockey. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom