OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How much will Combs loss effect recruiting in Cinci for OSU? Don’t the Catholic schools essentially run that scene?

nako xl nako xl do you listen to the podcast "The Peristyle?"

Good episode last week from Eric Ziskin, USC's assistant ahtletic director for recruiting and player personnel. Interesting info about recruiting and about this years class.

nako xl nako xl do you listen to the podcast "The Peristyle?"

Good episode last week from Eric Ziskin, USC's assistant ahtletic director for recruiting and player personnel. Interesting info about recruiting and about this years class.

Yeah I do sometimes. I don’t like Harvey Hyde’s Clint Eastwood routine and Dan Weber can be annoying but their other shows are great.

How much will Combs loss effect recruiting in Cinci for OSU? Don’t the Catholic schools essentially run that scene?
They'll still get who they want for the most part out of Cincy. Catholic schools run the city plus Colerain, which is where Coombs came from. He's definitely a legend down there, but OSU has been pulling the offer worthy guys from Cincy for a long time.

I heard some grumblings about him about a month or so ago. Any amplifying info on why/who's the leader for his services now?

Arky (Morris offense + he's an Arky legacy) and Okie St (Likes the program/offense) is what I remember.

And he really like Sumlin x Mazzone (moreso than JF hence why he committed to TAMU in the first place over FSU) from what I remember. Don't think was a surprise to either side, but N41D N41D could prob add more

Not a surprise at all. Been bubbling under the surface since Jimbo got hired... Rumored to be some sort of friction there for whatever reason. Was really turned off by Jimbo chasing dual-threat guys in 2018.

He also REALLY liked Mazzone. Parents wanted him at A&M, despite being a Razorback family.

Arkansas and Oklahoma State are the best guesses as of today. LSU is a threat because for some reason he really vibes with O.

Does O make it to 19? 8-4 feels like their ceiling and Jimbo ending up A&M doesn’t help out his situation at all.

I don't think he does. Esp w/ Y1 recruiting bump that I expect Jimbo to get in 'crooting, esp in Houston

His best hope is that the QB woes can finally end

Who do they go after? So much bread invested in Aranda, can they just promote him?

Would LSU hire a non-white coach? The old boy network there might not go for it. The fact that they promoted Ed to interim and not Aranda probably means something.

Moorhead might get a look if he does well at MSST this season.

The most obvious replacements for Coach O are both black. Was gonna bring up Frank Wilson, as well.

He'd kill it there.

Biggest question on Aranda would be does he really want that role? Does he want to be a head coach or does he want to get to the NFL?

Interested to see what their offense looks like in 2018. Ensminger's a disaster and always has been.

Even if you took race out of the equation (i know you can't) I can't see it with going 6-6, and 6-7 at UTSA. Not sure what they have coming back but this year was supposed to be the breakthrough.

The most obvious replacements for Coach O are both black. Was gonna bring up Frank Wilson, as well.

He'd kill it there.

Biggest question on Aranda would be does he really want that role? Does he want to be a head coach or does he want to get to the NFL?

Interested to see what their offense looks like in 2018. Ensminger's a disaster and always has been.

Whose the other one? Aranda is Mexican or some other mestizo I think.

Last edited:
Arky (Morris offense + he's an Arky legacy) and Okie St (Likes the program/offense) is what I remember.

And he really like Sumlin x Mazzone (moreso than JF hence why he committed to TAMU in the first place over FSU) from what I remember. Don't think was a surprise to either side, but N41D N41D could prob add more

I was reading LSU as a front runner. Gut feeling tells me Arky for some reason ... Just don't see him settling in College Station, but I could be terribly wrong, too.

Back
Top Bottom